Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't login to HBO GO

Frequent Visitor

Can't login to HBO GO

Every time that I try to login to HBO GO, the same problem occures. I click "Sign in" on the website, and then choose "Comcast Xfinity". I am redirected to Comcast's login page. When I log in, I get a message saying "Good news! You already have HBO as part of your Xfinity subscripition." This logs me in on the Xfinity page, but not on the HBO GO page. I am able to watch HBO content through the Xfinity website, but I can't seem to get logged in to the HBO Go website. If I can't be logged into the HBO GO page, I cannot activate HBO GO on my devices.

Problem Solver

Re: Can't login to HBO GO

Have you "Signed Up" for HBO go with a "sign in" name?

Frequent Visitor

Clicking "Sign Up" does the same thing for me as clicking "Sign in".

New Poster

I have a Samsung 4K and same issue, I get activate code but on Comcast website it does same redirect and does not allow me to activate with code. Please help, I am paying for this service.

Frequent Visitor

The problem is persisting. I'm going to have to keep bumping this post until I can get some help.

Frequent Visitor

I still haven't found a solution. Any ideas?

Frequent Visitor

bump

New Poster

I've signed into HBO GO without any issues for the past year, but since the last few days whenever I try to watch anything I get this error. It ask me to select my provided, and in the past it would then ask me to log in on Comcast's Xfinity site if I was not already, and then send me right back to enjoy HBO GO. Now it gives me the stupid message, "Good news! You already have HBO as part of your Xfinity subscripition.", with the only options present being "OK, Thanks" which takes you to the Xfinity homepage, or "Start Watching" which takes you to the Xfinity streaming site. I want to watch VICE and it is seemingly the only HBO show not on Xfinity's site. If you open a new tab and go back to HBO, it shows that you are still not logged in, there is now no way to do so. For support from HBO GO, you need an HBO ID that you cannot obtain without being able to log in.They say this is a Comcast problem. Maybe this has something to do with HBO's launch of their NOW service which can be had without a cable subscription??

New Poster

This is getting ridiculous, it's still not working and I won't be able to watch game of thrones tonight if it's not fixed, has anybody found a solution for this yet?

Frequent Visitor

My solution might end up being dropping HBO from my Comcast subscription. HBO Now is the same thing, but I don't have to go through Comcast's terrible service.

New Poster

I am having the same problem. My cable box has not been working either and they can't come out until Tuesday....

New Poster

I just called support about this, and they told me that they're aware of the problem and are working on it, but there's nothing they can do at the moment. They didn't offer anything else. Just a sorry, can't help you, we don't know what's wrong. Ugh.

Problem Solver

I've had HBO go for years and bookmarked in both IE and Chrome.   I don't know what to offer, have you tried the old and much used "clear your cache"?   When accessing HBO go, I only use my pc..  Win 7, IE or Chrome. 

I checked out my Samsung 10. tablet, but needed an HBO ap downloaded and decided it not worth the effort as I would not use that tiny screen to watch a movie or series show. 

What are you using?

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation