Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't get tv listings

Frequent Visitor

Can't get tv listings

Can't figure out what happened.  For years, I have been able to view all the tv guide listings.  Now I just get a page that says "now connecting to your entertainment experience".  And it keeps searching and searching and searching and never goes anywhere.  What am I doing wrong????  How can I see what's on tv.  A link please?????

Contributor

Re: Can't get tv listings

In a completely incomprehensible decision, the new site apparently now uses (deprecated) Flash instead of HTML; so one thought is to try upgrading your Flash plug-in in your browser. Some people have said that can help.

That being said, I wouldn't bother, because YOU WON'T LIKE WHAT YOU FIND when you sign in. See the 1000+ complaints in the "Announce" thread at the top of the list.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you!  I wish I could express how much I HATE Comcast!!!!!!!!  But I'm stuck.  It's all that's available in this area.  Moving soon and it won't be Comcast anymore!  Hallejuiah!  

New Poster

The same thing is happening to me, too!  Comcast is messed up again!  And the chat people act like they have NO CLUE what is going on!

Someone tried to tell me I needed to download an app last night in order to get it to work!  Yeah right!

New Poster

I am having the same problem, is there a fix?
Contributor

This seems to work for most people:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Login-to-Streaming-Loop/m-p/2808250#M65739

That being said, you will probably NOT LIKE THE NEW APPROACH when you are able to see it, for lots of reasons.

Comcast is essentially a monopoly; it is likely that poltical action is required here.

New Poster

When logged into tv.xfinity.com, click the 'Live TV' option at the top and then choose 'All Listings' to see a guide - this will direct you to https://tv.xfinity.com/listings.

New Poster

Re: Can't get tv listings:

Having to use actual "TV Guide" website for TV listings.

Frequent Visitor

And that is crappola. 1st the page takes forever to load. Then it freezes the browser. When you click on the program name, again it takes ages to open and freezes the browser. Then you click on it to close it and it freezes the browser and again it freezes the browser.

What a joke.