Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't get HBO GO to work, support never contacted me back...

Frequent Visitor

Can't get HBO GO to work, support never contacted me back...

If I try to sign into hbogo.com or through HBO GO android app, I select Comcast Xfinity, get redirected to sign in on Comcast's site, then get this page that says:

Good news! 
You already have HBO on Demand as part of your XFINITY subscription.

When I click Ok, Thanks it sends me to my account page, or if I click Watch Now, I go to Xfinity TV's online site. I can not sign into HBO GO, no matter what I have tried.

I did a hour and 20 minute online chat (which was a ridiculous amount of transferring to the wrong people), they said they were going to submit a support ticket and have someone contact me within 24 hours. It's been more than 24 hours and I have not heard from anyone.

Why doesn't this work? I need it fixed. I do not want to use Xfinity's TV GO app or the web site. I want to use the HBO GO app or the hbogo.com web site.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't get HBO GO to work, support never contacted me back...

No response? Crickets?

Regular Visitor

same exact issue here. Any help??

New Poster

I'm having the exact same issue. I would also prefer to watch HBO shows through HBO GO instead of Xfinity TV.

New Poster

Its like I wrote this..I am having the same experience. Down to the hour plus phone call passed back and forth, and the no call from the 'opening a ticket'. Hbogo won't work on my Xbox, tablet, phone...haven't tried PC yet, but should I have too?
New Poster

I am  having the same issue, as near as I can tell it just started for me last night, I was able to sign in to HBO Go last weekend, but not this weekend. Trouble ticket was submitted last night and haven't heard anything yet.

New Poster

Amazing. Same problem here. Exactly. Not one person actually to the time to TRY to figure it out. They just want to transfer me back and forth. Then I get disconnected. No return call from two phantom support tickets. Unbelievable.

New Poster

They finally gave me a solution (sort of). Uninstall the app, then reinstall it. My hbo works in the xfinity app now (the hbo go app still doesn't). However, now I can't access Fox or AMC in the xfinity app. It would be amazing if the things I paid for worked. They will say they can't do anything about the HBO go app but it's definitely still Comcast's fault that it isn't working.

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem and I just signed up for HBO this week. First I got an error on the Xfinity page, then I got the page that the original poster described.

I just want to watch HBO Go! Some of the shows available on HBO Go are not available via Xfinity.

I have a support ticket open, and I am expecting to hear back from them in the next couple days.

New Poster

Im having the same issue. At first I wasnt able to sign in at all; getting the sign in loop. Comcast did some "reset" to my account and that worked, but now i can't watch content from hbogo.com.

I contacted HBO who said it was an issue with comcast and comcast has been no help. 

The comcast interface horrible for watching actual shows

New Poster

Having the same problem. Currently chatting with support. 

New Poster

Support was absolutely useless. Found this on the forums and it solved my problem

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/HBO-GO-not-working-on-Apple-TV-or-iOS-App/td-p/19...

The issue is there has to be a set top box associated with the acocunt in oder for it to work. Which is pretty annoying, especially since you are likely using HBO go on another device, because you think the comcast devices are terrible.

As soon as I got a customer service rep to activate the awful set top box they sent me, everything worked fine. It took me 4 customer service reps before I found one willing to do this. Comcast is awful.

New Poster

Yep, HBO GO online, PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and iOS all WILL NOT LET YOU SIGN IN, EVER.

I am going to cancel not only HBO but xfinity. this service is a complete scam.