Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't control DVR's or boxes (iPhone)

Frequent Visitor

Can't control DVR's or boxes (iPhone)

I have three boxes in my house, two DVR's (Motorola 3400's) and one RNG2100(I think that's the designation.)  I can only see two of the boxes and can only control one of them.  I'm not sure what the other box is since it errors out on me whenever I try to control it.

Should I be able to see and control all 3 or only the DVRs?  If only the DVR's, what should I do to get the other one to work?  I've tried unplugging and replugging in the DVR and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the App to no avail.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can't control DVR's or boxes (iPhone)

Here is a listing of all the elibible boxes.   What do you mean control them?   it takes 2-3 days to have the boxes be recognized in the app.  Can you work it from your pc?  What does it say when you click on the tv tab top of this page then go to manage dvr what boxes show there?  do you have tv control enabled?

Frequent Visitor

You didn't provide a sample of the compatible boxes.

I followed the solution in another forum about clearing Safari cache/cookies and rebooting and it seems to work mostly.  I can control the other DVR now (change channel and tell it to view on Demand content) but I still can't control the DVR.  It gives the error "An unknown error has ocurred during this request. (guideworks:1)"

There's also the issue of the Pace RNG 110 Set Top Box.  I can't even see it right now.

Frequent Visitor

Upon further investigation I believe the other box I can control is the RNG 110 as it's not listed as a DVR.  I believe my other Motorola DVR isn't working or even showing up.

Silver Problem Solver

sorry here is the link to the instructions.  at the bottom of the page click manage your dvr you will see the eligible boxes.  This maybe a problem on comcasts end with the coding on your account.  Are these new boxes or have you had them and now your just hooking them up to the app.  I would still see what shows on your computer.  You have to have it working on your pc before you can even think about having it work on the app.  If you click the tv tab top of this page, on the next page on the bottom right corner is a wheel, click that then on that page look for manage dvr's and cable boxes , what does it show there.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/setting-up-the-cable-tv-app

Frequent Visitor

I just started using the service a few months ago so I guess all of them are new.  I have two DVR's, both Motorola DCX3400s, 1 Pace 110 RNG and two digital adapters.  I kneow the digital adapters aren't compatible, but according to Comcasts literature the other three should be.  The Manage My DVR's and Cable Boxes confirms this.  Two boxes I can control, the other three I cannot.  Note: I'm not positive on the names outside of my Bedroom.

ManageDVRs.JPG

Silver Problem Solver

if its not working try this, go to your box menu and there look for remote control set up, if you see it that means it was set up, if not it has an error.  If you do see it select it, and then you can delete the set up and do it again.; 

Frequent Visitor

Ok, I'll try it when I get back home tonight.

Silver Problem Solver

actually it says remote access set up .

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation