Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't change channels on TV (have x1 platform)

Frequent Visitor

Can't change channels on TV (have x1 platform)

For the last couple of hours we have not been able to change the channel on our TV with the x1 platform cable . Whe we go to the guide, none of the channel icons appear and then we get stuck in the guide unable to exit out of it or scroll up or down. When we finally do exit out, we are still stuck on the one channel. This has been going on for a couple of hours now.  We started having trouble like this yesterday after a system upgrade ub the middle of the night yesterday.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Can't change channels on TV (have x1 platform)

poodlemom923 wrote:

For the last couple of hours we have not been able to change the channel on our TV with the x1 platform cable . Whe we go to the guide, none of the channel icons appear and then we get stuck in the guide unable to exit out of it or scroll up or down. When we finally do exit out, we are still stuck on the one channel. This has been going on for a couple of hours now.  We started having trouble like this yesterday after a system upgrade ub the middle of the night yesterday.

You posted in the wrong forum for cable box problems, this forum is for the web site. Anyway, when one of my cable boxes acts strange, I pull the power cable out then plug it back in after a few seconds to force a reboot. This almost always clears the problem after it reloads.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry for posting on the wrong forum. I unplugged the box and then plugged it back in. Did get things working but the xfinity1 platform still freezes up.

Bronze Problem Solver

poodlemom923 wrote:

Sorry for posting on the wrong forum. I unplugged the box and then plugged it back in. Did get things working but the xfinity1 platform still freezes up.

Are you talking about the new web site? If so, that's a very common problem.

See all complaints here:

forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-of-Xfinity-TV/td-p/2804996

Send your concerns here ecare@comcast.com and use the feedback button on the listings page

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation