New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't change channels, but can record and play on demand content from ipad

New Poster

Can't change channels, but can record and play on demand content from ipad

Hi,

My iPad is able to record shows, is able to play on demand content, but is not able to change channels from my ipad. I'm writing to find out how I can get my iPad to change channels from the xfinity app.

This is what I've done based on my research on this support forum:

1. I have an iPad 2 with iOS 5.1
  2. Xfinity App Version 1.10.1.1203232 (latest version)
  3. My DVR that I'm using is Motorola RNG200N
  4. I've restarted my iPad after I downloaded the latest xfinity app version
  5. My network is fucnting just fine, no internet issues
  6. My DVR box is setup for remote access: menu > setup > remote access setup > is active (says cancel otherwise)
  7. Cleared my safari cookies, cache and history on my ipad
  8. I've renamed the DVR boxes, but I'm using my living room box right now (just moved in)
  9. Visited http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ > settings > Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs > TV Control > On
  10. When I try to change a channel from ipad, I see the FAN icon, but nothing happens on the box nor are there any errors shown on the ipad screen
  11. When I try to show the box name on the screen, I see the FAN icon, but nothing happens on the box nor are there any errors shown on the ipad screen

I tried to follow everything that I've read to do -- I would simply like to change channels as well from my iPad 2. Please let me know what more I can try next.

Thanks,

Evan

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Can't change channels, but can record and play on demand content from ipad

Nevermind. I can't explain it -- but I'm able to change channels now. It just now started working. Hopefully the steps I provided will help someone else as it helped me.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation