Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't access shows that I subscribe to

Regular Visitor

Can't access shows that I subscribe to

On the "watch tv" online section of the comcast/xfinity site, it shows as locked many programs which I should have access to. For example, with BBC America it shows Broadchurch as locked, but I subscribe to BBC America already. Yet it is asking me to subscribe to watch the show.

It is a real annoyance because I had just grown to like watching tv on the comcast/xfinity website and now this issue has arisen.

And yes I've read the FAQ and have checked to make sure I am logged in properly. I tried many different things for days before posting here. Perhaps the issue is that BBC America is restricting how their shows are watched even for subscribers? But if that's so I think you should explain that on the site rather than just putting a locked symbol.

New Poster

Re: Can't access shows that I subscribe to

I'm having the same issue with every show. All had the key icon and tell me j need an xfinity tv subscription, which I have. It worked.until last.week now I can't watch on my pc, kindle, or iPad. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't access shows that I subscribe to

Been having the same issue for 2 months (read about it here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/XfinityTV-isn-t-working-since-yesterday/m-p/1748981 )

don't think they will do anything to help you.

they've promised me so many times that it's going to be fixed (always within a 24 hours timeframe).

they've promised they'll email me regarding the status of the problem.

they've promised to somehow make me up for the issue.

They did nothing. they're just "smoothing" us with nice answers but in the end they do nothing.

I gave up and so should you.

I really wanted to stop paying my bill but the kids would've gone crazy without TV during summer vacation.

it's enough they couldn't watch it online.

But now summer vacation is over and I'm not going to pay my next bill.

I'm all in hope that they'll fix it for you guys, but if it will be the same case as it happened to me and many others. just don't pay your bill.

hit them where it hurts the most.

Before you do stop paying your bill, get legal evidences of faulty service (like I did) of course.

get chat transcirpts, record phone calls (let the person you speak with know it's being recorded first, it's the law) and log everything manually with as much details as you can, simply use a notebook or something.

so when the collection agency shows up, you'll take it to the court and nail Comcast's ***.

don't be afraid of getting into it, this is why America is free. for you and me. you might also get a few grands out of it.

Best wishes.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation