Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't Stream FSN Detroit BUT have it in my xfinity cable package. Help?

New Poster

Can't Stream FSN Detroit BUT have it in my xfinity cable package. Help?

Ok, so I have Fox Sports Detroit in my Xfinity Cable package but when I log into Foxsportsgo.com it does not show up as one of the channels. Why is this? I am trying to watch Pistons games from my PC. 

New Poster

Re: Can't Stream FSN Detroit BUT have it in my xfinity cable package. Help?

robbynast wrote:

Ok, so I have Fox Sports Detroit in my Xfinity Cable package but when I log into Foxsportsgo.com it does not show up as one of the channels. Why is this? I am trying to watch Pistons games from my PC. 

Same problem here. I'm guessing Comcast isn't paying FSD for the rights to stream content to their customers. From whatI've read AT&T, WOW and DirectTV offer this capability to their customers. These things are all worked out in the contracts, which is why even though you have the channel on your TV, it's not offered on all media.  Like some channels you can watch on a Roku, but not on an AppleTV.  Even though it's the same channel, Comcast doesn't negotiate rights to all of the devices.

It's stupid, and just another way big content providers like Comcast are trying to force customers to keep paying them instead of cutting the cord.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation