New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't Access Premium Content

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Can't Access Premium Content

When trying to access premium content from Safari, I receive the following error message:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 6000)

Please check back soon.

After reading other posts, I downloaded and trying using FireFox, but still get the same message. The regular non-premium content plays fine.  

This is very frustrating.  What's up Comcast??

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Access Premium Content

From looking at that I can tell you two things.  you don't have the most current version of flash nor do you have the most current version of silverlight.  So go to adobe.com and get the latest version and go to microsoft and get the most current version of that.  Silverlight is version 5 flash is version 11.  Also dont use internet explorer try google chrome or firefox, comcast just sent out new releases for those

Also this has worked for some.  You download this free program and it scrubs your pc of all the old garbage and left over items left by programs.  Also see below for a few other things to try.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Premium-Channel-Fix-12-18-11/td-p/1138349

There could be many issues as everyone’s pc is different and has different programs on it. First thing to do, clear your cache and your cookies. click the tv tab top right of this page then on the right side there you will see your profile, click the drop down and complete your profile. Make sure your zip code is set correctly and not set to automatic. Make sure you are a subscriber to the channel you are trying to watch. Also some people have found that if you download cccleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner and run it and let it take out all the cookies and left over garbage that fixes it also. Also make sure you have the most current version of Microsoft Silverlight and you’re not using ie 9 there are currently problems with that browser.

You can also try turning off your antivirus and firewall as that might be blocking it also. AS you can see there are many things it might be.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

your account at comcast is probably not properly coded properly.  you are a subscriber to the network your trying to watch correct?

Frequent Visitor

Yes we subscribed to all premium channels.

Frequent Visitor

Also, chatted online with Xfinity rep who was supposed to "recode" our account by giving us a one-day pass to the premium content we already pay to receive.  I waited 20 minutes, as she suggested, and then tried again using both Fire Fox and Safari and still got the same message.  In case someone from Comcast is monitoring these boards, here is the info for my computer:

My Zip Code:18643

My Cable Provider:Comcast Scranton/Verto Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:Unknown

My Set Top Box Names:Unknown

My Queue setup:False

Facebook Queue Syncing:False

Facebook Connect:Unknown

My public IP address:xx.xx.xx.xx

My operating system:Mac - Undefined

My web browser:Safari 5.1 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_2) AppleWebKit/534.52.7 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/5.1.2 Safari/534.52.7

My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version:071505000006

My Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0

My flash version:10.1 R102

Javascript:Enabled

Cookies:Enabled

Silver Problem Solver

From looking at that I can tell you two things.  you don't have the most current version of flash nor do you have the most current version of silverlight.  So go to adobe.com and get the latest version and go to microsoft and get the most current version of that.  Silverlight is version 5 flash is version 11.  Also dont use internet explorer try google chrome or firefox, comcast just sent out new releases for those

Also this has worked for some.  You download this free program and it scrubs your pc of all the old garbage and left over items left by programs.  Also see below for a few other things to try.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Premium-Channel-Fix-12-18-11/td-p/1138349

There could be many issues as everyone’s pc is different and has different programs on it. First thing to do, clear your cache and your cookies. click the tv tab top right of this page then on the right side there you will see your profile, click the drop down and complete your profile. Make sure your zip code is set correctly and not set to automatic. Make sure you are a subscriber to the channel you are trying to watch. Also some people have found that if you download cccleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner and run it and let it take out all the cookies and left over garbage that fixes it also. Also make sure you have the most current version of Microsoft Silverlight and you’re not using ie 9 there are currently problems with that browser.

You can also try turning off your antivirus and firewall as that might be blocking it also. AS you can see there are many things it might be.

Frequent Visitor

I updated the plug-ins and all is fine on both Safari and FireFox.  Thanks for your help.  Merry Christmas!

Silver Problem Solver

You're welcome.  Merry Christmas to you.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation