Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can I watch live tv without java?

Frequent Visitor

Can I watch live tv without java?

Firefox 52 no longer supports any plug ins except Adobe Flash. When I try to watch Live TV I get a message saying that the script may be busy or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger or allow the script to continue. Script: https://tv.xfinity.com/elements.js:13. Is there any way to work around this until Xfinity catches up to the current web standards?! If I stop the script, the page stops working completely. If I let it continue, I can't get the channel I select to load. Can't watch anythingSmiley Sad

busyscriptmessage.png
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can I watch live tv without java?

I have Firefox 52.0.1 and it works fine. Xfinity doesn't use Java, only Flash.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same version of Firefox and I've tried selecting continue on the error display. If the channel loads, Flash crashes after about 3 seconds. Why would I get a message about JavaScript if Xfinity only uses Flash? I also tried YesScript to block Java (that's what Mozilla suggests) and the Live TV site displayed a message saying that Java Must Be Enabled.

Silver Problem Solver

Don't confuse Java with JavaScript. Java is the separate add-on that is mostly useless for web browsing these days as it's mostly disabled due to security issues. JavaScript is an internal programming language built into most browsers. They are not the same thing. Disabling JavaScript will break many web pages.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation