Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cable service completely out. Calling Comcast rings out. What's going?

New Poster

Cable service completely out. Calling Comcast rings out. What's going?

Hello,

My TV service has stopped and calling Comcast results in "The party you are calling is not answering. We are disconnecting this call".  Nice. I've called back 3 times.  Same thing each time.

I would watch recorded shows on my X1, but I guess it needs service before it will display the guide. So no TV for me tonight, so it would appear and no one will answer to help fix it, or even explain what is going on.

I have to say it, in 10 years of DirecTV, I had 3 service interruptions that were fixed quickly.  Since getting Xfinity, in less than 3 months ... 5 interruptions plus a complete outage tonight.  How is this service better? No wonder DirecTV was yelling at me when I respectful asked to disconnect service.

Perhaps someone at Comcast is out there, and the whole system is down in the Seattle area, but they can't do anything about it to tell customers ... ???

New Poster

Re: Cable service completely out. Calling Comcast rings out. What's going?

Should have added that the online chat screen says "Chat server unavailable".  I smell a big system fault.

Frequent Visitor

im having the same problem.  must be a doozie of a system issue

New Poster

That's what I am thinking as well.  Super annoying.

New Poster

my cable just went out as well. called and got same message about being unavailable and will be disconnected now. tried using the online chat option.. and just says waiting for analyst. I called 800 xfinity next and have been on hold for an hour also still waiting for analyst online. on my homepage for comcast it says there are no outages but that the problem is on their end. trying to get some kind of info here.

New Poster

Im having the same problems with cable out and not being able to get a hold of anyone. I even tried to chat with an tech and still nothing
New Poster

Same problem in Boston

New Poster

same in california

New Poster

We've been having the exact same problem in Oregon! Incredibly frustrating... Glad I'm not the ONLY one experiencing it though. I expect a bill credit for this since there is no customer service 24/7...

New Poster

I was disconnected 7 times with the same message "the party you are calling is not answering we are disconnecting this call.

I have used 3 different phone numbers for 30 minutes.

What a wast of time.

They have the nerve to say "Welcome to Comcast Infinity, you are one of our most valued customers!

What a joke

New Poster

Same problem here. I'm super upset!
New Poster

From Oregon

I checked and it says all three services are up, no outages.

I think we are just out of luck.

We should be due a refund with such poor service!

New Poster

From Washington

Finally got a computer that walked through a bunch of stuff and said it would send me a signal that would reset my modem, hang up and call back in 30 minutes if that doesn't work.

Why would anyone want to wait another 30 minutes on a call back?

New Poster

Gresham, OR out.  I have had same experience.  No response on chat.  800 number just rings and then disconnects.  It is somewhat reassuring that this looks like a comcast issue systemwide and not just a problem on my end.

roscopirtle wrote:

From Oregon

I checked and it says all three services are up, no outages.

I think we are just out of luck.

We should be due a refund with such poor service!

New Poster

The website they direct you to to see if there is an outage should show there is an outage, obviously the  TV not working is an outage in my book.  Communication is extreemly poor.

New Poster

Talk about a wide spread issue. Good lord its all over the U.S. So much for 24 hr support. They could at least leave a general message on the ph. lines saying there is an issue that they are working on and an estimated time frame to fix the problem.

We should all be credited for the inconvenience. So very unhappy right now. Just left in the dark like this.

New Poster

My service just came back up in Tacoma WA, remote is working again now to..
New Poster

hey Washington.... Any news on the signal sent?????

New Poster

Has any one else got service back yet?
New Poster

Guess it worked cause my service came back up about 10 min ago. I'm in Tacoma...
New Poster

Its ridiculous.  I was very close to switching back to DTV when they convinced me the X1 would be better, and to be honest, it is but you need reliable service otherwise what's the point?

I really don't understand why I can't just boot my X1 and watch something recorded.  I could be catching up on shows rather than sitting here looking at a blank screen getting more and more infuriated by the minute.

And the phone service ... don't get me started.  The latest message I get is "That phone number isn't associated with your account".  Interesting.  I didn't provide an account number in the first place, and if it doesn't know my phone number ... well, its got to be colossal system crash or something catastrophic.

Fingers crossed on the refund.  I'm still waiting for my $200 gift card thing they promised me for signing up for the Triple Play.

New Poster

I am so effin angry.  It is rediculous that not one person across the us in all of their call centers can answer the dang phone.  I am beyond livid with this.   We pay soooo much for the service, the boxes, the internet speed upgrade and this is what our dollars are worth.  I can understand an outage, but I can not understand a NATIONWIDE OUTAGE with no ownership of the issue anywhere.  UGH!!!! 

New Poster

Jayslade: Did it just come back or is it something you did manuely? Still got blk screen here in california and not even sound anymore.

New Poster

still out here in california just wentr and checked black screen . except now i got no sound either

New Poster

Same issue in Atlanta GA.
I just called and finally received a recorded message saying they're aware of a problem
with the X1 boxes and technicians are working on it. I didn't want this new X1 platform.
But they said that was the only choice if I wanted a DVR. What a joke I had been paying
For the package with DVR service for over a year and they never provided me with new equipment.
New Poster

Lagene: it just came up by itself. It was working great . Now back to remote not responding and I'm stuck on USA..
New Poster

I got the dvr box as well as reg. boxes hdtv as well as one reg. tv and all are out none is working at all. I cant even get a message saying they are aware of the issue here.

New Poster

I am having the same issue in Oregon. I am very mad that I "upgraded" to the X1 box. It has not worked right since day 1. I have talked to them several times and even made them swap for a new set top box. Still having issues. They were supposed to call me back in 72 hours with elevated technical support that was a week ago. I have heard nothing. I am thinking I should get a credit since I switched to this dumb new cable box. So frustrated, and will really be ticked if it isn't working by tomorrow for college football!!!!! Maybe it is time to go back to FIOS.
New Poster

I am having the same problem in NJ! No cable, no answer when calling cust service, and no analyst chatting online!

floydonium wrote:

Hello,

My TV service has stopped and calling Comcast results in "The party you are calling is not answering. We are disconnecting this call".  Nice. I've called back 3 times.  Same thing each time.

I would watch recorded shows on my X1, but I guess it needs service before it will display the guide. So no TV for me tonight, so it would appear and no one will answer to help fix it, or even explain what is going on.

I have to say it, in 10 years of DirecTV, I had 3 service interruptions that were fixed quickly.  Since getting Xfinity, in less than 3 months ... 5 interruptions plus a complete outage tonight.  How is this service better? No wonder DirecTV was yelling at me when I respectful asked to disconnect service.

Perhaps someone at Comcast is out there, and the whole system is down in the Seattle area, but they can't do anything about it to tell customers ... ???

New Poster

Same problem here in Oakland. At first when I turned on my TV there was picture and sound, but couldnt access any menus or change channels and then when I tried to reboot theres's no picture or sound. I feel like we deserve a refund for this.

New Poster

I have the same thing. I'm sure my monthly charge won't be discounted by the fraction of time the outage is in effect. Interesting, I still have dial tone and internet.

New Poster

Now I have sound and no picture!!!! Uggggh!
New Poster

have service to tv in bedroom  but not to the new box and the other three tvs on the new box guess the new dvr an't whats its cracked up to be. Now ic all and call and get no one to talk to me.  the bedroom tv just has the little cable box that just recives so it s not the service comeing into the house got too be the new dvrs

New Poster

Must be the *********** ublicans.

New Poster

My picture was going in and out for awhile but had sound. now cant get nothing but turning it off and on or volume up or down. Now I got a black screen no volume and just hung up after an hr and a half of waiting on the ph. called back and still nothing it said transferring so now instead of the crazy elevater music its ringing a million times. oh and of course im back to being disconnected again. vicious cycle of bs if you ask me. If theres 24 hr support and this is a nation wide issue you would think that they would made attempts to answer somewhere and address the issue. but as far as these osts go.. it looks like no matter where we are they are not wanting to speak to us right now!

New Poster

I have had so, so many issues since upgrading to X1. Great features, but it feels nothing like a finished product. Just extremely disappointed with the service in all aspects. I have currently been on hold for over an hour. At first when I was calling, and Comcast was hanging up, claiming "higher than expected call volume", I laughed. It was 1:45 EST and they were having high call volume? Now I see why. I have found though when you continually complain, the credits do come. But I'd rather just have functioning service for the price I pay, and not have to call and complain.

New Poster

I thought it was only me!!! Wow! Id say we should be credited for this problem!!! I also have theX1 im thinking its these new boxes
New Poster

I got both the dvr and reg. boxes and not being able to watch on any of the boxes. so its not just the dvr's here in california.

New Poster

Im in Cali too...I pay $250 a month &have been a customer since 2001 im getting mad
with them and there issues!
New Poster

In California it came back on! 

New Poster

All I know is Im going to quit trying to reach out to them as they arent answering anyone anywhere thus far. But they better have it up and running tomorrow or Im going to be beyond livid. Id hate to work for customer service when they do finally answer.

New Poster

shawncorrea: Where are you in CA im in sacramento and we are still out!

New Poster

Having the same problem here in Seattle, too. This is one of the worst service experiences I have had with any company. No wonder the cable industry is beat only by newspapers as the worst industry in terms of customer satisfaction... Airlines are more satisfying than cable. Comcast is ranked pretty low in their industry, to boot. So they are at the bottom of the list of companies that are at the bottom of the list of industries. Tonight underscores why that might be, and the lack of acknowledgement tomorrow will just make it even better.

One of the main things I find most frustrating is the total lack of communication. I would feel totally differently if all they do is communicate there is an issue. Would't be happy to not have my Friday night TV, but it is life and I can find other things to do. Just don't leave me hanging, having to ask around and research with other customers on the internet to figure out that there is a global outage or system event.

Their lack of communication or acknowledgement of the issue means there are probably thousands of people out there like me, hitting up their My Account and calling into their call centers, taxing their systems which are probably already burdened by whatever event is causing the issues. A front end message on their webpage or their IVR would have saved me a ton of time and frustration and probably would have abated much of the anger I feel for them right now. 

I will say, though, that their internet service is still working. Thank god for that. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to waste the past few minutes here typing this rant/suggestion and distracting myself from the reality that I have no functioning TV right now. Well, I guess I do have streaming TV on my cell phone (another industry that beats cable). 

New Poster

Thanks for posting here, at least now I know Comcast TV is dead so I can stop trying to reboot my boxes.  It isn't showing in their online app as an outage, but obviously it is a major outage for them, since even their outage notification system and support channels are out.  Be nice if they could at least get their outage notification system working reliably so we would know what to expect.  What an amateur operation.

New Poster

I tried rebooting troubleshooting calling online chat and god knows what else before i found these forums.

I agree .. I wouldnt be so mad if there was some type of communication between them and us the customers.

In sac no changes still same issue. Whatever it is I hope they fix soon.

Service Expert
Moved:

post by sweetjamesjones removed.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

New Poster

lagene- the service is on at my house now in Novato, CA

New Poster

Thank goodness navato has it theres hope for sac yet lol!

ATTENTION ALL ON HERE

Here is link to map showing where the outages are:

http://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/news/2605-problems-at-comcast

New Poster

Still out. The living room is still out but have pic in the bedroom but can't change channels on the remote! Very frustrating! I'm in Richmond, Ca
New Poster

ONLINE NEWS FEED ON COMCAST OUTAGES

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/05/comcast-x1-outage/