Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CBS shows freezing

New Poster

CBS shows freezing

Over the last 3 - 4 weeks everytime I try to show a CBS show on demand over my computer, the show freezes anywhere between the opening credits, commercial, or in first few minutes of show.  I have tried resetting several times but to no avail.  I have no trouble watching any other channel on demand through my computer.  I am using a PC with IE.  I have no trouble watching the same CBS shows from my DVR or on demand from my TV at home.  After searching the forums I noted a few other complaints of the same nature of the last few years.  Is there a fix or suggestion to this problem?

New Poster

Re: CBS shows freezing

I'm confirming this observtion / complaint.  Perhaps it is a larger problem than CBS programs, but that is mainly what I watch via the xfinity site.  Shows like NCIS or Elementary.  The feed will suddenly freeze and when the browser is refreshed it will show a commercial and then start to play the show again only to freeze at the same point.  A more cynical person might think you're just trying to make us watch more commercials.  I think it's just shoddy programming.  Please address this issue.  --- Oh, I tested the connection speeds (20.82 Mbps download) and that ought to be more than enough to stream the shows.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation