Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CBS replaced by MLB baseball channel?

New Poster

CBS replaced by MLB baseball channel?

My dad is disabled and uses his laptop to stream his TV.

Recently he cant watch CBS NCIS or Steven Cobair because all he is getting is MLB baseball channel.

All other channels seem to stream fine. This just started happening, prior to now, he was able to watch CBS just fine.

What gives?

He cannot sit in the room that has normal TV, and wants his NCIS and Steven Cobair back.

I am going to call about this, he is disapointed, and quit frankly, so am I.

Problem Solver

Re: CBS replaced by MLB baseball channel?

Hello

Sorry your dad is having trouble! I checked his account and CBS is part of his subscription; is the issue that when he tunes to KIRO channel 7 or 107, the MLB stream plays instead? If so, we can get a ticket opened for that if a customer care agent hasn't done it already.

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have the exact problem. CBS logo appears and then buffers on all channels designated to cbs but MLB plays instead. Not sure when it started but I noticed it on the 19th. Sadly, they're not swapped - MLB is still playing on their assigned channels. Happens on all my tablets, android and  iOS.

New Poster

Hi, thanks, yes, channel 7 and 107. Even has a bar showing the CBS show that should be on, but the picture and sound are the MLB network.

I did call and made a repair ticket, I am at work right now and don't have that number immediatly, but, went through a whole bunch of proceedures. coldbooted the router stuff, coldbooted my dads computer (a newer Accer) even rebbooted my new Lenovo I used to confirm his problem, (though I don't usualy stream on mine) and the tech that I called even did a reset on her end but still have the problem.

Again thanks.

New Poster

I have the same issue. Comcast support was no help. It has been going on for at least 4-5 days.

New Poster

Hey Hi ....

Within 3 days of entering technical support with comcast about this issue, my Dad says is IS NOW FIXED !!!

THANK YOU.

Kind of a needle in a haystack problem to isolate and correct, but the techs figured it out last friday, my Dad was able to watch our Seahawk game on CBS !!!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation