New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CBS Streaming on XTV.Comcast.Net and X1 App

Frequent Visitor

CBS Streaming on XTV.Comcast.Net and X1 App

Hi,

I've been having this problem for several weeks now.  The XTV.Comcast.Net streaming site will load my local CBS HD channel (WUSA 212/809) and there is no picture and no sound.  The rating for the show for whatever reason will come up, but that's it.  Have tried Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome and have tried both directly tuning the channel and going in through the guide. 

In addition, the Xfinity X1 App will show the picture on that channel (212/809), but there is no sound.  Have tried on two different Ipads and an Iphone. 

The standard definition channel for CBS (Channel 9) works fine. 

Any suggestions or delegation to a rep would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

BLaw

Service Expert

Re: CBS Streaming on XTV.Comcast.Net and X1 App

BLaw13 wrote:

Hi,

I've been having this problem for several weeks now.  The XTV.Comcast.Net streaming site will load my local CBS HD channel (WUSA 212/809) and there is no picture and no sound.  The rating for the show for whatever reason will come up, but that's it.  Have tried Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome and have tried both directly tuning the channel and going in through the guide. 

In addition, the Xfinity X1 App will show the picture on that channel (212/809), but there is no sound.  Have tried on two different Ipads and an Iphone. 

The standard definition channel for CBS (Channel 9) works fine. 

Any suggestions or delegation to a rep would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

BLaw

hi, another customer here. Had that problem before too and it seems to be hard for the call takers to understand and then they want to send a tech out a week later. Call it in to the x1 center and be sure to get a ticket number when they say roll a truck and then report the issue and ticket number as a tweet to @comcastcares. Each time it has happened to me the tech has arrived for appointment and said this is a head-end engineering problem not in the home problem. @comcastcares seems to be the one that actually fixed it as the next day after fixed they tweet 'are you still having problems'? suggested tweet "HD CBS channel has no sound, SD CBS channel does. ticket xxxxxxx. please help get this channel fixed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation