New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CBS Programs not working on Xfinity

ANSWERED
New Poster

CBS Programs not working on Xfinity

Why doesn't the CBS network programming work on xfinity? I can't watch any of the shows. When I click on the CBS network icon, I get a message saying that you're having trouble finding that page. This comes after almost two weeks of being unable to load any of it's programming anywhere on the internet. No explanation from anyone at all. What gives?!!

Accepted Solution

Re: CBS Programs not working on Xfinity

Well,whaddaya know! After spending a few minutes scratching my head at the prospect of playing Easter egg hunt for all the info you requested, I finally decided to try a different browser. I never use Internet Explorer because it appears too cumbersome even though I keep it accessible. It kept giving me a warning about updating my media player then claimed there was a problem and had to shut down. At the same time McAfee was giving the red warning page against that site, (don't ask me what site because I hadn't chosen one!) I finally got myself out of that loop and brought up the Google Chrome  browser. After resetting my password etc, I clicked on CBS and then the program Elementary, (which  would not load before) and after a short commercial (which I also was not getting).., VOILA!! Program came on pretty as a picture! It was so weird. I could access any and all other programs except those that  ran on CBS! Ironically, I had just downloaded Google Chrome about two weeks ago in preparation of a work at home job, but I had not used it. Thank you for your help!

View answer in context
Problem Solver

To begin to help, others here will need more info.

Windows version

Browser version

The exact error message thats displayed

The results from the following page will provide additional info vs asking for the items separately.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer 

Maybe list the modem & router models, (maybe also the PC type/model)

Are you accessing via wireless & what devices, if not just on your PC

Have you tried using a different browser to get video? what happens?

What changes if any happened aprox two weeks ago on your system.

Also, currently whats sites can you view video at?

eg:   YouTube, Hulu, Network Tv sites (abc, nbc, cbs, upn), etc. ?

Can you watch any of the tv shows or movies at  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ ?

New Poster

Well,whaddaya know! After spending a few minutes scratching my head at the prospect of playing Easter egg hunt for all the info you requested, I finally decided to try a different browser. I never use Internet Explorer because it appears too cumbersome even though I keep it accessible. It kept giving me a warning about updating my media player then claimed there was a problem and had to shut down. At the same time McAfee was giving the red warning page against that site, (don't ask me what site because I hadn't chosen one!) I finally got myself out of that loop and brought up the Google Chrome  browser. After resetting my password etc, I clicked on CBS and then the program Elementary, (which  would not load before) and after a short commercial (which I also was not getting).., VOILA!! Program came on pretty as a picture! It was so weird. I could access any and all other programs except those that  ran on CBS! Ironically, I had just downloaded Google Chrome about two weeks ago in preparation of a work at home job, but I had not used it. Thank you for your help!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation