Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CBS Online Video Unavailable

New Poster

CBS Online Video Unavailable

Trying to watch CBS TV show videos online & keep getting "video is unavailable". All other on-demand online video is working OK. Anyone else having same problem?

New Poster

Re: CBS Online Video Unavailable

Can't find much information regarding CBS programming but I seemed to lose ability to view full episode videos in early October 2013.  The first episode of The Good Wife (Season 5) was available (I think I watched it directly on CBS network website) but second episode (Season 5) was unavailable on CBS website and on Comcast (I think it's correct to say Xfinity On Demand, although I'm not sure because Comcast's programming, services, etc. are so poorly identified and communicated to consumers and they change so often).  I think I have Digital Preferred cable tv and Performance high speed internet.  I suppose there could be something else up but I'm wondering if Comcast is negotiating with networks as apparently Time Warner has which removed CBS programming for many of its customers.  Any information would be appreciated - as usual I'm in the dark with Comcast. Thanks.

Official Employee

mgorman1 wrote:

Can't find much information regarding CBS programming but I seemed to lose ability to view full episode videos in early October 2013.  The first episode of The Good Wife (Season 5) was available (I think I watched it directly on CBS network website) but second episode (Season 5) was unavailable on CBS website and on Comcast (I think it's correct to say Xfinity On Demand, although I'm not sure because Comcast's programming, services, etc. are so poorly identified and communicated to consumers and they change so often).  I think I have Digital Preferred cable tv and Performance high speed internet.  I suppose there could be something else up but I'm wondering if Comcast is negotiating with networks as apparently Time Warner has which removed CBS programming for many of its customers.  Any information would be appreciated - as usual I'm in the dark with Comcast. Thanks.

For The Good Wife, XFINITY Streampix customers have access to seasons 1-4 on XFINITY.com/tv and on the XFINITY TV App.

As for Season 5 episodes, we receive these videos directly from CBS. The last 5 episodes will be available on XFINITY.com/tv but NOT on the XFINITY TV App. We do not have the rights to put these on the app.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Okay and thank you for your prompt response.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation