Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CAN'T WATCH FULL EPISODES ON MY COMPUTER USING INFINITY ONLINE

New Poster

CAN'T WATCH FULL EPISODES ON MY COMPUTER USING INFINITY ONLINE

I TRIED WATCHING HUNG (I HAVE HBO AND WAS LOGGED IN WITH MY INFINITY ACCOUNT) AND IT SAID "THIS PROGRAM RATED TV-MA" AND WOULD NOT LET ME WATCH EVEN THOUGH MY PARENTAL CONTROLS ARE OFF.  I TRIED WATCHING NCIS AND IT SAID "STARTING PLAYBACK" AND THEN FROZE.  I CALLED 1-800-COMCAST 3 TIMES AND ALTHOUGH EVERYONE WAS VERY NICE, NOBODY COULD HELP ME AND THEY TRIED TO CONNECT ME TO THE TECNICAL SUPPORT DEPARTMENT WHERE NOBODY ANSWERED THE PHONE.  EVEN FOR THE THE COMCAST PEOPLE WHEN THEY TRIED TO CALL!!!  PLEASE HELP!!!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: CAN'T WATCH FULL EPISODES ON MY COMPUTER USING INFINITY ONLINE

Try going to your internet and go to the cbs.com website (or nbc.com or abc.com, etc - whatever network originally aired the program).   There you can watch tv shows on your computer without as they stream video directly.   Many shows are available, but not all, usually the day after original airing, often with the date of airing, for several weeks.   I think I have watched NCIS that way.  Good luck.

Contributor

Go to HBOgo.com and watch it their. I have the same problem but can watch all of HBO stuff on HBOgo.com. I don't know why that is but its a work around...

Official Employee

DISTEFANO_ELLEN wrote:

I TRIED WATCHING HUNG (I HAVE HBO AND WAS LOGGED IN WITH MY INFINITY ACCOUNT) AND IT SAID "THIS PROGRAM RATED TV-MA" AND WOULD NOT LET ME WATCH EVEN THOUGH MY PARENTAL CONTROLS ARE OFF.  I TRIED WATCHING NCIS AND IT SAID "STARTING PLAYBACK" AND THEN FROZE.  I CALLED 1-800-COMCAST 3 TIMES AND ALTHOUGH EVERYONE WAS VERY NICE, NOBODY COULD HELP ME AND THEY TRIED TO CONNECT ME TO THE TECNICAL SUPPORT DEPARTMENT WHERE NOBODY ANSWERED THE PHONE.  EVEN FOR THE THE COMCAST PEOPLE WHEN THEY TRIED TO CALL!!!  PLEASE HELP!!!

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Are any videos working for you?

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Can't watch anything after logging in..

So I can watch like the stuff from hulu without logging in but as soon as I have to log in I can't watch anything.  Just goes to black....  I have given you the info on my computer in other threads.  Why does this not work?  Anyone else having this problem.  Is there something wrong with my account?  I pay for all the pay channels...  Why dont I have this problem else where?  Like if I go to hbogo.com no problem or hulu.com no problem.  Why only here?

Contributor

Re: Can't watch anything after logging in..

Sense you deleted my post and moved this here, are you gonna answer this?  

Contributor

Not impressed with this service.  I do realize this is the cable company and should not expect good customer service, but if your gonna have a forum you should actually address some of these problems.

Contributor

By the way as you can see this is day three with nothing...  

Gold Problem Solver

redhatskelton wrote: By the way as you can see this is day three with nothing...  

Maybe if you supplied the information requested in message #4 you'd be more likely to get some help?

Official Employee

redhatskelton wrote:

So I can watch like the stuff from hulu without logging in but as soon as I have to log in I can't watch anything.  Just goes to black....  I have given you the info on my computer in other threads.  Why does this not work?  Anyone else having this problem.  Is there something wrong with my account?  I pay for all the pay channels...  Why dont I have this problem else where?  Like if I go to hbogo.com no problem or hulu.com no problem.  Why only here?

Sounds like the issue may be with Microsoft Silverlight. Try completely removing Microsoft Silverlight then re-install it; this usually resolves this issue. Go here for step-by-step instructions:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/help/technical-support/xfinity-tv-player/#silverlight-reinstall

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Same problem after doing that...  I really don't understand why some things work on your site but others don't.  Very strange.  Never have a problem anywhere else..

Contributor

For example i can watch the clips to gold rush but can't watch the show...  See the video player real quick then nothing.  Too me this is not a problem on my end..

Official Employee

redhatskelton wrote:

For example i can watch the clips to gold rush but can't watch the show...  See the video player real quick then nothing.  Too me this is not a problem on my end..

The videos that are working for you use Flash. The videos not working are using Microsoft Silverlight.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Also, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

This is an issue for me as well. I tried it on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox. I've deleted all history and cookies. I've reset all browsers back to default (factory) settings. I've disabled all extensions on all browsers. I've "turned off" my parental controls. I even tried it with parental controls on but allowing all channels. My flash player is up to date. I have all current Windows updates installed. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and Fedora Linux. I even tried using Internet Explorer 32-bit. It just gets stuck on the following; 

This video is rated TV-MA.

The following program is intended for mature audiences only.

Manage Parental Controls

It wont get past this page. I've tried it on multiple videos. This happened while trying to watch The Walking Dead. Please fix this ASAP Comcast!!!!!!! You might lose a few customers . Right now I'm on Linux and it's happening as well. Here's more information with the computer I'm currently using;

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: Unknown My Map ID: Unknown My Persona ID: 7569 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: (personal) My operating system: Linux - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 33 - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux X86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.152 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 12.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (1678 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Apr 01 2014 16:18:39 GMT-0700 (PDT) Server Clock Time: Tue Apr 01 2014 16:18:39 GMT-0700 (PDT)