Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Bugs, Bugs, and more Bugs...

Frequent Visitor

Bugs, Bugs, and more Bugs...

When the online XFinity apps are working they're great but they seem to work less and less these days.  Specifically:

- When watching online TV shows, the shows tend to play a segment, cut to commercial, and when they come back from commercial they restart at a previous segment or even from the beginning.  This happens constantly now.

- When using the XFinity TV Go feature to watch content recorded on my DVR, the shows fail to play more than half the time now.  The app simply says an error occurred try again later.

- Also when using the XFinity TV Go feature, the shows listed on the website are always a subset of what is actually on the DVR.  There is always one or two shows not listed that are on the DVR.

- Also when using the XFinity TV Go feature, I'm required to log in and register my device.  I've done this dozens of times.  I wouldn't mind the re-login process if it worked, but many times the app sits and spins after entering my username and password.

It would be great if you Guys thoroughly tested the SW, it is extremely buggy and seems to be getting worse not better.

I'm not really looking for solutions since these are all intermittent problems which implies they are bugs and not end-user configuration issues.  I guess I'm just letting you know in the hopes that they get fixed soon.  But if you have solutions I'd be happy to hear them.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Bugs, Bugs, and more Bugs...

My first guess about the missing shows could be restrictions imposed on by the media companies. I'm guessing that if you cannot see it on your app, it may not be a show available OnDemand, either.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Bugs, Bugs, and more Bugs...

Chrome is secure enough to pay a Comcast bill, but not secure enough to stream a cable network.

Makes perfect sense...

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation