members

online now

discussions

Buffering problem ABC channel 805

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Buffering problem ABC channel 805

Strange problem just developed today as far as I can tell. I am watching live TV via the streaming app in my own home via my secure locked signal. Every channel I have tried works perfectly fine except for channel 805 (ABC) which for some reason is buffering every 10 - 20 seconds. No idea why this one channel has a problem. I have used a couple of different devices  and on different internal signals, 2.4 and 5.0 freq, and 805 is the only channel that has the problem. I turned on my TV to see if it was having a problem  but the TV signal via coax is fine.  I'm on the east coast. Is anyone else having a similar problem with ABC TV via streaming app?

Accepted Solution

Re: Buffering problem ABC channel 805

Hey Everyone. Glad to hear your channel issue was resolved. There was a system error that was corrected that has resolved this issue. Thanks for your patience. 

View answer in context
Contributor

I have the same problem and also just posted. I have been using the WCVB App until Comcast gets this fixed. 

Regular Visitor

I'm seeing the same issue with WCVB Boston, since Friday 11/3. 

I reported the issue to Xfinity "internet support team" on 11/5/2017 at 7:50 AM EDT

Regular Contributor

I'm going to call it in as well b/c it should have been fixed by now.

I tried using WCVB app but I can only find a news app. And the ABC app says it won't work over Xfinity. No idea why that is.

Regular Contributor

OK I understand there is already a ticket in on this problem but I suspect that the more the complaints come in the faster it will get attention. So I called in and put in a ticket as well. Took me forever to get them to understand the problem. All they wanted to do was refresh my TV signal. I couldn't get them to understand that the problem is in the app. Spoke with two  CSR's and one supervisor who only wanted to walk through their list of  things to check even though I kept telling them it had nothing to do with my TV or Internet connection.  Part of the problem is that one CSR/supervisor live in a place where they don't get Xfinity so they had very little understanding of the products.  I guess I could also contact ABC TV maybe they would help get this fixed.

Regular Visitor

I'm still seeing the problem. If you're experiencing the buffering with WCVB, please create a ticket with the Comcast's internet IT team. It helped them understand my case that others are reporting the issue on this forum.

Contributor

Yes, I called it in as well. Despite telling them that others were having problems (Check the forums!) they still insist on going through their checklist on my equipment. They don't understand the streaming service, and apparently no one checks it. I had a similar problem with 807, but the eventually fixed it. 

Official Employee

WindsurfMaui, thanks for reporting the problem. Has anyone else called in and got a ticket for this? If it is an issue affecting a lot of people, we'll need record sent to our engineering teams. Let me know if you need help with that. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I can’t stream WCVB either... but now the channel 5 app seems to be having a similar problem. Has anyone received a solution yet?
Contributor

I called it in through a chat session on Sunday morning. After going through the troubleshooting (resetting my account) it appeared to work for about 2 minutes, so I thought it was fixed. Howevever, ComcastKenF; why can't you just go on the stream and see for yourself that it is not working? We spend too much time with technicians telling us it is our equipment that needs to be addressed. It takes us about a half hour to do this.

Thanks for your attention to this.

Rick

Regular Contributor

rjom wrote:

I called it in through a chat session on Sunday morning. After going through the troubleshooting (resetting my account) it appeared to work for about 2 minutes, so I thought it was fixed. Howevever, ComcastKenF; why can't you just go on the stream and see for yourself that it is not working? We spend too much time with technicians telling us it is our equipment that needs to be addressed. It takes us about a half hour to do this.

Thanks for your attention to this.

Rick

I think part of the problem in fixing this is the issue may be that the problem may be a local server issue and since Ken doesn't live in the Boston/New England area his local channel ABC may be working fine. They need someone  in the local Hub to look at the problem to fix it.

Regular Contributor

OK this problem is fixed for me. Everyone should check and see if they are still having this problem and post here so ComcastKenF will know.

ComcastKenF can you tell us exactly where the problem was?  Was it the connection from ABC to Comcast or just a local Comcast server problem?

Contributor

Way to go, WindsurfMaui. Mine also appears fixed. I assume it was local only impacting channel 805/5/1005 as I could watch ABC programs on channel 6/1006 on the Providence station. 

Regular Contributor

I think the credit goes to ComcastKenF. Whenever he gets involved solutions start to appear. But it was frustrating that it took Comcast so long to fix the problem. I would think they must have some sort of monitoring system that would tell them there was a problem before we had to call it in. I think they need to hire that Watson computer in the IBM commercials that predicts the elevator problems before it occurs.  :>) 

Official Employee

Hey Everyone. Glad to hear your channel issue was resolved. There was a system error that was corrected that has resolved this issue. Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon