Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Buffering Issues!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 11
The Stream app buffers approx 7-8 times every 30 minutes, while I watch live tv on my tablet, over our Xfinity WiFi. I've talked to a Level 3 tech, who had no idea how to help me! I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app, did a factory reset on my tablet, reinstalled the app, and even changed my password. Help!!
10 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 11

kc10flteng wrote:
The Stream app buffers approx 7-8 times every 30 minutes, while I watch live tv on my tablet, over our Xfinity WiFi. I've talked to a Level 3 tech, who had no idea how to help me! I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app, did a factory reset on my tablet, reinstalled the app, and even changed my password. Help!!

Two important questions: 

1. Have you run a speed test to ensure you have good network connectivity/speeds while streaming? If you are having Internet slowness, we can send someone to your home to get you hooked up properly.
  2. Does this buffering happen with all content (live, on demand, and Cloud DVR - if applicable)?

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 11

Same problem on Kindle Fire HDX. My connection is super. Could this be browser related? Tech I talked to suggested changing from Chrome to Edge. Edge was OK for a while, now drops video. See attachments for err. msg.

xf stream 2.PNG
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 11

slimtonone99 wrote:

Same problem on Kindle Fire HDX. My connection is super. Could this be browser related? Tech I talked to suggested changing from Chrome to Edge. Edge was OK for a while, now drops video. See attachments for err. msg.

If you are using the Kindle Fire HDX tablet, you should use the native application available here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DUQOSRQ

The browser should not impact things - we only use the browser during the sign-in process (where you enter your username/password).

System Requirements for the Amazon app are here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/#Amazon

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 5 of 11
Hi Dan! Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have run a speed test, and Comcast's Tier 3 support techs (for the app) have also run a test. All is fine with the speed. This buffering only happens while attempting to watch live TV. On Demand movies/programs work fine. This past weekend, the buffering was so frequent, that I had to just turn it off. Also, I'm also noticing other apps not loading pictures - like the eBay or Poshmark apps. Tired of rebooting these devices every hour!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 11
Also, I uninstalled the Stream App, then went to the Xfinity website, to try and watch from there (by clicking on the TV icon, upper right side), but all that does, is takes me to a page wanting me to download the Stream App.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 11

That's the app I'm using. Problem started after March 31 Fire OS update 5.3.3.0.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 11

I just tried uninstalling the app from my Fire, deleting it from the Amazon Cloud, then downloading it again. Same problem - constant buffering, every 5-8 seconds.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 11
Hi CC Dan!

Ok, so I had a very knowledgeable tech here at the house. He said that the small town I live in, is serviced via microwave, not fiber optics (hope I'm saying that right), and only getting about 70% of the speed, whereas, the closest city, about 20 miles away, gets 100% of the speed. He replaced some outdoor lines which were kind of messy, checked to make sure our line was secure, etc. I guess it all comes down to where we live. Either that, or Xfinity Stream does not like Samsung Galaxy Tab S2! My S6 Edge streams live tv perfectly!
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 11

Thank you for you for informing us of your resolution kc10flteng, I am glad you have a better understanding of what is going on in your area. @slimtonone99 are you still having issues with your app/ streaming services buffering? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 11 of 11

Yes, still slow buffering at home on Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX to the point of unwatchable. Usually very slow on Windows 10 pc also, and clearing the browser cache doesn't work. I discovered something interesting while out of town; no problem with streaming when not on Comcast!