Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Buffering ISSUES- more infinite buffering

Frequent Visitor

Buffering ISSUES- more infinite buffering

I am unable to view ANY TV shows via the Comcast website (NBC via HULU works- barely). This started as sporadic failures on multiple "networks" showing the "forever" Buffering AFTER the requisite commercials but now NOTHING works.

Computer is brand new system-AsusA88XM-PLUS,AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G × 4 ,16GB ram, 250GB SSD- system running Ubuntu Linux 14.10/64bit with ALL the latest patches. Viewing is being attempted on Chrome version 39.0.2171.95 (64-bit) with the latest updates and Adobe Flash.

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 16.0.0.235/ Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0

Can ANYONE at Comcast figure out why this "issue" seems to occur and occurAd nauseam. A quick check of the forums indicates this has been occurring for YEARS.

This is another EPIC Failure at Comcast.

Problem Solver

Re: Buffering ISSUES- more infinite buffering

If all other web sites are working properly for you then it must be Comcast's web site.  Do you have Windows installed on your computer?

Nice computer, BTW.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Buffering ISSUES- more infinite buffering

Other video streams and web functions work. I could investigate this, spend untold uncompensated hours doing client side technical analysis etc. etc BUT why should I have to do that for a "service" I pay for?

BTW- I don't use Winders unless an employer forces me to although Linux has it's own issues.

Have a great day.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Buffering ISSUES- more infinite buffering- STILL

So- I CAN watch CBS show just not much else. WTH is with that ? Using my login on a win 7 computer at another location I can watch many more channels ( including Discover channel- Gold Rush) so that should rule out credential/account issues. 

HELLO COMCAST- is anyone even looking at ALL these Linux issues? FYI- the version of Chrome,Adobe Flash/ShockWave on the Win 7 machine is identical to the current Chrome on Linux one.

The latest "failure" is trying to watch ABC-

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Marvel-s-Agent-Carter/8999609423381825112/380596803621/Pilot/vide...

The commercials work perfect but the video itself in sitting at the "Buffering...." and will eventually timeout.

Technical question- Do some of the videos require different formats or server ports? Could this actually be a firewall and/or router security issue? I have NOT seen any technical descriptions in the FAQ regarding detail firewall requirements if any?

Comcast- you listening?

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation