Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Buffer Never Ends for Certain TV Shows

New Poster

Buffer Never Ends for Certain TV Shows

I have been trying to watch multiple TV shows on the xfinity website and encountering the same error.

When I go to watch the show it will do a sort of "Preview" as to put it, that will last 1 minute 30 seconds exactly. This "preview" acts as the normal show and has the normal intro then leads in the show as if I was watching the whole thing. At the end of the 1:30 it stops the show, reloads, and tries to play from the beginning this time showing the full 45 minutes or so on the loading bar. After the first 4 seconds the show stops suddenly and gets stuck in an infinite "buffering" loop.

I have tried to watch the same show on multiple browsers (that are all up to date running the newest flashplayer). I have tried Google chrome, firefox, and safari. They all encountered the same error. I tried quitting and reopening each of them and restarting the computer and internet. Nothing has fixed it.

I am running on a 2012 Macbook Pro with OS Mavericks 10.9.1.

This is not the first time this has happened. I would say about the 4th time in 2 months. Please help me resolve this issue! 

I am currently trying to watch "Arrow" Season 2 episode 9 (Three Ghosts). 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Arrow/8100897132939873112/161254467654/Three-Ghosts/videos

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation