Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Breaking Bad is Broken

Regular Contributor

Breaking Bad is Broken

I would like to watch the new episode of Breaking Bad, but it won't load.  I get some ridiculous error message that means nothing.  Is it too much to ask to be able to watch shows on the service I pay almost 100 bucks a month for?

Speaking of AMC, does anyone know what their issue is with streaming their shows?  Seems like a money grab to me, they want you to watch their shows on AMC when they air or pay for them on Amazon or iTunes.  If that is the case, someone needs to let them know that its 2011 and that they should adapt to new technology and revenue methods rather than be stingy idiots.  If they don't get with the times and figure out a way to stream their shows AND make money doing it theyre going to end up losing a lot of customers, no matter how good their shows are.  Why would I buy your episodes when I can just pirate them easier?

Regular Contributor

Re: Breaking Bad is Broken

Seems the episode plays fine in Firefox, but not in Chrome.  The same thing has happened to me when I try to watch Rome or Game of Thrones.

Between AMC not being able to figure out the internet and Comcast breaking different shows every week its a wonder I get to watch anything online at all.  At least I still have Netflix...

Official Employee

Our video player is currently not fully compatible with Google Chrome 10 or higher.

Unlike other web browsers that prompt you to update your web browser, Google Chrome automatically updates the user to the newest version of Google Chrome. The only current work-around is using Internet Explorer (Window users only), Safari, or Firefox 3.6 web browsers.

Our team is currently working on this and will have it compatible shortly.

Make sure you follow the thread I linked below; we will update this thread when it is resolved:

http://getsatisfaction.com/cim/topics/3_28_2011_known_issues

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

I pay each month after all fees, my modem, $220. I do not complain. I simply find resources to aid me and calling until I get the Sacramento Call Center. Those techs rock! As does Xfinity. And yes I do reside in Sacramento.

With the new Tack software being imbedded into shows and movies good luck on stealing them. All it does is snag your IP and MAC then looks up who owns that string of IP's and forwards its results to them. Pretty cool this new technology.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation