Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Boston StreamTV Error 102100.5 on some recordings but not others

New Poster

Boston StreamTV Error 102100.5 on some recordings but not others

I live in Boston and have the Stream TV offering for several months now. Recently I also get Error 102100.5 when starting playing back on some (but not all) recorded items. In some cases a show recorded on Monday will work, but the Tuesday recording of the same show from the same channel will get this error.

This happens in Safari, Chrome, Firefox on two different Mac's, one running 10.9.5 and the other 10.11.5. It also occurs on Windows under Internet Explorer. It also happens on the xfinityTV app on my iPad, which gives a "Playback Issue :: 8001" error" on those episodes. The problems happens on different channels, all of which I can stream live without a problem.

I'm not sure what DRM xfinity uses, but have reset DRM credentials on Adobe Flash and Microsoft, no change.

I was told that this is a DNS or router issue, but plugging into Ethernet on the Comcast modem directly and bypassing the wireless router results in no change. All settings are set to "auto" for DNS, so it's not that.

I have tried setting up net new recordings, but they have the same problem.

When I have tried to reach support, I am told to clear cache. They reset my passwords, even though I had no problem logging in and watch other content fine. I've had my modem reset even though connectivity is clearly not the problem. Most of the chat help doesn't know what the SteamTV service is, and asks if I am using a Comcast-provided DVR even though everything is cloud based. I have been sent links to play back X1 DVR content even though I don't have that. Anyway, none of the troubleshooting has been successful.

I have asked for the number for StreamTV technical support, but am just given the generic 800 number, where I get the same people who don't know what the service is.

I'm assuming this is a back end problem on a particular server or database that is not on the radar of the operations team, and that it will take a lot more users with problems before they pay any attention to it. If someone had this problem and actually got it resolved please reply to this and let me know. 

Problem Solver

Re: Boston StreamTV Error 102100.5 on some recordings but not others

Good luck actually getting it resolved.  I don't have Stream TV, but an X1 DVR with Cloud DVR enabled.  Every now and then I will get the exact problem (102100.5) when trying to watch some recording through the Cloud DVR web portal, and the 8001 error trying the same recording though the Xfinity TV app.  It obviously is not a setting on my end, since the majority of my programs play back fine through the Xfinity TV Web portal and app.  I believe it is a corruption problem on Comcast's end, yet they are ever so silent on why it happens.  I have even given examples of these errors to upper tier support and haven't gotten a clear answer about why this happens.  At least on my end I can watch the physical DVR recording when this occurs, while in your case you are just out of luck.  Frustrating to say the least.

Frequent Visitor

I'm in the same boat as you are. I get nervous about using the DVR feature because I have those same issues and it's a 50/50 chance on whether the recording will actually play. I have two DVR'd shows right now, one plays and the other I get the same error you do. It's not our settings, it's not the cache, it's not our DNS servers for crying out loud, it's comcast and it's an error on their side. I've called in multiple times and you are right, nobody knows about this service. It took me almost two months to actually get mine stable.  It would keep cancelling on my account every 2 weeks and I had to add it back.  I can't wait until sling, playstation vue or hulu start offering streaming of my locals, I will definitely be gone in a flash... What good is the DVR if it only works part time..

New Poster

Thanks for the replies. I talked to 5 different people today on phone support, and after multiple disconnects or transfers to phone trees have another ticket entered on this error. I was told I may get an update on Sunday (today is Wednesday), and will post it here if I do. 

One new step I was asked to do was to go to the Chrome browser: Menu / Settings / Advanced Settings / Privacy / Content Settings / Cookies / Manage Exceptions, and then added tv.xfinity.com to the "allow" list. This made no difference.

I also documented that the playback behavior is the same when using the Xfinity TV app on my iPad, resulting in "Playback Issue :: 8001"

I also noted that when I go to tv.xfinity.com to login, it frequently asked me to activate the computer as if I have never logged in before, agreeing to the terms of service, etc. Apparently in the account I have a long list of activated devices, even though in fact I am using the same two devices. Not sure this relates to the problem, but noting it here.

Problem Solver

If you clear your browser cache frequently, it will force the XTV portal (tv.xfinity.com) to go through the activation process.  I have also noticed when Comcast releases a newer version of the XTV portal code, it also forces the activation process. Just an FYI.

thomasboston wrote:

I also noted that when I go to tv.xfinity.com to login, it frequently asked me to activate the computer as if I have never logged in before, agreeing to the terms of service, etc. Apparently in the account I have a long list of activated devices, even though in fact I am using the same two devices. Not sure this relates to the problem, but noting it here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation