Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Bose wireless headphones quit working with xfinity tv.

New Poster

Bose wireless headphones quit working with xfinity tv.

Suddenly my Bose wireless headphones will not work with xfinity tv. They always used to, and they work with other things like youtube.

New Poster

Re: Bose wireless headphones quit working with xfinity tv.

Me too....

Official Employee

Hello all, are you using your headphones to connect to portable device like a phone or tablet to view content? Have you tried rebooting your Comcast equipment? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Same happened to me. The headphones work with Xfinity on Google Chrome and absolutely everything else that makes sound on both Safari and Google Chrome.

For the past two days I have worked with Bose, Apple Care and called Xfinity. (I was supposed to get a call back from Xfinity within 24 hours, which didn't happen.) We have connected and disconneted every setting, including my Comcast modem. The consensus is that the problem is coming from the Xfinity side and is specific to its Safari connection.

Official Employee

NMR1, Does the issue occur while watching live content or on demand content? Have you tried using a different set of headphones?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

The headphones won't connect with live content on Safari. On Demand doesn't work either. I don't have any other wireless headphones to try. When I plug in my Bose headphones to my MacBook Pro I do get sound in my headphones.

Official Employee

NMR1, to clarify you can get the sound when the headphones are plugged in just not when you're using the wireless feature is that correct? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hi, I am having the same issue.  Wirelss bluetooth head phones won't work with streaming both live tv and recordings on the xfinity website.  the sound comes out of the laptop speakers even though my headphones are paired.  Sound works correctly on other websites on microsoft edge (which im using for xfinity) or other programs like pandora or itunes.

Please fix this.  There are multiple new complaints about this issue.  This is an xfinity application issue and should be fixed on their end. Any suggestions?

Official Employee

MAMIKE, have you tried streaming from another site such as YouTube or Netflix? Have you tried testing the audio using a wired set of headphones? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Both wired and wireless headphones work with other streaming sites such as netflix, pandora and you tube without issues.  However, when I stream from xfinity website the sound will only come out of the computer speakers.  Even with I plug my headphones into the computer no sounds comes out of the headphones as sound will only come out from the laptop speakers.

I just tried streaming from xfinity on my iphone and the sound worked correctly on my headphones.

Seems like the issue is isolated to streaming from desktop

New Poster

Also, just tried chrome browser and sound is working correctly.  Sound does not work on internet exploxer or microsoft edge. All this just started today, prior no issue.

Official Employee

Thank you for testing and providing this information, it sound like the issue is coming from the browser in use rather than the app. If the audio works on your phone and through another browser then I can't point the finger at the app. I can have our engineers look into this issue and attempt to duplicate what you're experiencing on your end. I think maybe something has changed within I.E and Microsoft edge, have you tried removing the browsers from your computer and downloading a new version? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Service Expert

adding.. I moved the whole thread to the proper streaming website area (not about the mobile stream app nor the Roku Stream app).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for the response but that doesn't make sense to me because the audio works fine with other streaming websites such as you tube, pandora and netflix while using my headphones on microsoft edge/internet explorer.  The only website that does not work correctly is xfinity stream.

Official Employee

Do you have a set of wired headphones to test the streaming service on Microsoft edge or Explorer? I ask because this can help me pin point where the issue could be coming from. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Service Expert

If this is windows 10 begin playback on IE. next be sure the audio mixer is not open. left click on the speaker icon in lower right (may have to hit the up icon to show all running program icons). when slider is showing press the little up arrow on that volume control and then left click on where you want the sound routed. 

bluetooth1.jpg

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the tip however this does not work. Whether I use that screen to change between the laptop computer speakers, wired headphones or bluetooth headphones the sound only comes from the computer speakers. When using netflix using same technique I can switch between audio output without any issues. 

Any fix yet from xfinity service representative?

New Poster

ComcastAmir - yes, wired headphones work without issue while using netflix/pandora on microsoft edge and explorer.  However, once I start streaming from xfinity the sound will only come from the computer speakers even though the headphones are plugged in.

Official Employee

MAMIKE wrote: ComcastAmir - yes, wired headphones work without issue while using netflix/pandora on microsoft edge and explorer.  However, once I start streaming from xfinity the sound will only come from the computer speakers even though the headphones are plugged in.

This definitely sounds like a settings issue, I just tried some live content and on demand content from my laptop and everything works fine on Explorer with wired headphones. I don't have BOSE wireless headsets but I am sure due to the audio working on another browser and the app this is a compatibility issue. For now I recommend that you use another browser to stream content, I will alert our engineers so that they are aware of this problem and have them repair it if it is something on our end that we can fix.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Bronze Problem Solver

This is a adobe flash problem from the release on 9/15. People are on the adobe forums reporting the same no sound problem while using other Adobe programs.

Official Employee

mvenanzi wrote: This is a adobe flash problem from the release on 9/15. People are on the adobe forums reporting the same no sound problem while using other Adobe programs.

Thank you for looking into this, I will still alert our engineering team so they are aware of this issue. Again, please feel free to use the work around that you mentioned yesterday (using another browser) to stream your favorite content until Adobe fixes the issue. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastAmir wrote:

mvenanzi wrote: This is a adobe flash problem from the release on 9/15. People are on the adobe forums reporting the same no sound problem while using other Adobe programs.

Thank you for looking into this, I will still alert our engineering team so they are aware of this issue. Again, please feel free to use the work around that you mentioned yesterday (using another browser) to stream your favorite content until Adobe fixes the issue. 

Your engineering team should verify this with Adobe since Comcast is an Adobe customer.

Official Employee

mvenanzi wrote: Your engineering team should verify this with Adobe since Comcast is an Adobe customer.

You're right, and I did send an email to our engineers so they can verify this problem with Adobe. Thanks again for notifying us of this problem and a possible solution. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Solution:

1. Go to https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html
  2. Click “Reset Flash License Files” button
  3. Clear browser cookies & cache
  4. Quit the browser
  5. Re-launch and login to the App

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Tried this 3 times and it didn't work. I downloaded Chrome and the sound works fine with Chrome. I think that's our best hope for now.

Official Employee

Thank you for trying, the information that I shared was given to us directly from Adobe. I will let them know this did not resolve your issue. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastAmir wrote:

Thank you for trying, the information that I shared was given to us directly from Adobe. I will let them know this did not resolve your issue. 

My laptop with BT went through a very big windows update tonight that took 2-3 hours to complete. When it was done, Senso BT worked with xfinity stream site in edge and firefox without trying the suggested fix.

Official Employee

Sweet! I was hoping the Adobe didn't give us the wrong fix. Thank you for keeping us updated and sharing your resolution. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastAmir wrote:

Sweet! I was hoping the Adobe didn't give us the wrong fix. Thank you for keeping us updated and sharing your resolution. 

They may have, I wrote "without trying the suggested fix". The huge windows update did something on my system to get BT working, not the fix. So far you have only one user, mghtwq245, reporting that the "Solution" did not work.

New Poster

Thank you so much! The Adobe fix worked for me with Firefox on iMac.

Official Employee

barbyoung wrote: Thank you so much! The Adobe fix worked for me with Firefox on iMac.

Awesome! Thank you for sharing your solution. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I tried this and it did not work. Using Safari browser for MacBook Pro. 

Administrator
Administrator

All,

We apologize for any inconvenience this audio issue created. It is a known issue, but one we believe we have a solution for. 

Solution:

1. Pair your device
  2. Clear browser cookies & cache
  3. Quit the browser
  4. Re-launch and login to the App.

Please let us know if you still experience issues. Thanks in advance for your patience as we worked to get this corrected. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Thanks, it worked!!

New Poster

The solution only works until I turn my Bluetooth headphones off. When I turn them on again to watch something else, I have to clear the cache and cookies and restart the browser again. iMac using Firefox.

Bronze Problem Solver

barbyoung wrote:

The solution only works until I turn my Bluetooth headphones off. When I turn them on again to watch something else, I have to clear the cache and cookies and restart the browser again. iMac using Firefox.

until adobe releases a fix, use chrome for xfinty streaming

Service Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

Frequent Visitor

Any update on this issue?

Regular Visitor

Using Chrome for streaming did not work for me. As soon as I turned the headphones off when I tried to use them again it won't work whether or not I use Chrome or Safari. 

And, Xfinity, let's not shift blame here.  This is your issue.  For the pirate's ransom I pay you every single month, this should be fixed.   

New Poster

Zero audio on Explorer and Edge for two days.  I lost all audio on my PC speakers, which are Bose speakers connected via cords to the PC.  After reading this forum, I also downloaded the Chrome browser, and now can get audio again via Chrome.  This is not a bluetooth issue.    Calling Comcast was useless. 

New Poster

see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/No-sound-when-streaming-xfinity-tv-on-PC/td-p/29...

This is a known issue with the Adobe Flash version 27.0. Comcast contacted Adobe and this will be fixed in Adobe Flash's next release.

Below are some troubleshooting steps to try in the interim before an update is released.

Problem: No Audio when connected to HDMI Cable (Happening with Adobe Flash version 27.0)

Solution:

1. Go to https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html
  2. Click “Reset Flash License Files” button
  3. Clear browser cookies & cache
  4. Quit the browser
  5. Re-launch and login to the App

Problem: No Audio when connected to Bluetooth Speaker / Headphones

Solution:

1. Pair your device
  2. Clear browser cookies & cache
  3. Quit the browser
  4. Re-launch and login to the App

How to clear browser history:

Firefox:

• Click ‘History’ from browser menu
  • Click ‘Clear Recent History’
  • Set ‘Time range to clear’ as `Everything`
  • Check Cookies & Cache
  • Click ‘Clear Now’ button
  • Load the app and login

Safari:

• Click ‘History’ from browser menu
  • Click ‘Clear History’
  • Select ‘All History’
  • Click ‘Clear History’ button

Internet Explorer:

• Go to Settings
  • Click ‘Internet Options’
  • On the ‘General’ tab, click ‘Delete’ button
  • Check - Temporary Internet Files and website Files, Cookies & Website data, Form data
  • Click “Delete” button
  • Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button

MS Edge:

• Click on the three dots (on the top right)
  • Click on Settings
  • Scroll and click ‘Choose What to clear’ button under ‘Clear browsing data’ section
  • Check - Cookies and saved website data & Cached data and files.
  • Click on Clear button
Frequent Visitor

terri1 wrote:

Zero audio on Explorer and Edge for two days.  I lost all audio on my PC speakers, which are Bose speakers connected via cords to the PC.  After reading this forum, I also downloaded the Chrome browser, and now can get audio again via Chrome.  This is not a bluetooth issue.    Calling Comcast was useless. 

Yep, no help from Comcast. And yes people I have tried ALL recomended fixes provided by them so far. I have also heard "this is a known issue with Adobe Flash" enough times as well. My problem is with Edge. Other browsers work! Other flash enabled sites work with Edge! To me this is a Comcast issue and as such should be fixed by them. At least try to fix it! Or at the very least attempt to keep us informed as to the progress. 

Regular Contributor

I apologize for any frustration this has caused you moseng. Have you been able to clear that browsing data for Edge, then clear the cache and cookies for the computer, followed by rebooting the system to see if this resolved the problem? Please let me know if this helps.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I try this every day. I also reset flash licences. I also log out and log back in after rebooting. I contacted customer service and they said it was an upgrade in progress. I still cannot use BT headphones with Xfinity Stream and Edge.

I think if you look you'll notice I am not the only one with this problem still. Have you asked your engineers what is being done about it? I'm just looking for an update on when it will be fixed.

Thanks

New Poster

Mine stopped working as well. I wouold like comcast to tell us how to use WIRELESS BOSE HEADSET. PLEASE STOP suggesting non-wireless headphones. The issue is with Comcast Xfinity.

Service Expert

pkd001 wrote:

Mine stopped working as well. I wouold like comcast to tell us how to use WIRELESS BOSE HEADSET. PLEASE STOP suggesting non-wireless headphones. The issue is with Comcast Xfinity.

the issue is with flash. did you try using chrome browser?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

Hello moseng,

I apologize but as this is a known issue with the Flash version 27 I do not have a timeline as to when this issue will be completely resolved. As a result I have a number of other ideas that can be tried to resolve this issue.

1. Updating and possibly downgrading headphone firmware. (I personally have had experience with syncing Bluetooth devices only to have an update cause issues. Sometimes upgrading or downgrading the firmware allows overlooked protocol's to be used with updated software. You can visit the Bose Device Updater Here)

2. Updating and possibly downgrading Adobe Flash Version. (As stated before as this is a know issue with this version of Flash. You options to wait for the next Flash update or to roll back to a previous version to see if this fixes the issue. In my experience having a lower version of Flash Player can fix connection issues but you have to make sure to uninstall the current Flash version first and you may need to reboot your system. The Minimum Flash Player requirement Xfinity TV is version 15 or higher. You can find different versions of Flash Player Here.)

3. Use other browsers to connect. (As stated above the use of other browsers like Chrome or Firefox, but many find the need to use Microsoft Programs for multiple program needs. I personally have found that bypassing MS Edge and using the IE 11 built into the system can resolve this limitation. You can learn more on using IE 11 as the default browser instead of MS Edge Here.)

Beyond this what sarax3 mentioned these seem to be the best options for a fix at this time. Please check back to the forum for updates that we receive on when the Flash update will resolve the issue. I hope this information helps.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Bronze Problem Solver

Or you could just use chrome for comcast streaming until adobe fixes their problem. Chrome has its own internal version of flash which is not affected by bug

Bronze Problem Solver

If you're not afraid of beta versions, adobe flash next version is available as a beta release

Be sure to follow instructions when installing, its not auto-magic. You must uninstall previous version first.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Regular Visitor

how do you uninstall previous version?

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats