Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Bluetooth not working with xfinity web tv

Frequent Visitor

Bluetooth not working with xfinity web tv

I have two different bluetooth headphones and both do not work with Xfinity. They work fine with others like Youtube, Netflix, etc. Anyone else have this problem?

Problem Solver

Re: Bluetooth not working with xfinity web tv

moseng wrote:

I have two different bluetooth headphones and both do not work with Xfinity. They work fine with others like Youtube, Netflix, etc. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, but no real response from comcast:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Bluetooth-headphones-and-xfinity-website/m-p/294...

Frequent Visitor

Yeah saw that. My issue is similiar but I can connect and watch stuff using my pc speakers. just not bluetooth headphones or earbuds. All other sites work fine with BT. I have done everything I can think of, cleared cache, logged out and back in, rebooted pc, tried on a laptop, even bouncing my cable modem. No Joy! Must be on Comcast... perhaps they "upgraded" their Bluetooth delay or something?

New Poster

Me too...sound comes out of macbook internal speakers even though they are disabled.  Weird.

New Poster

same.

New Poster

Comast must of made changes to their code. 12-Sept Sound for both bluetooth and connecting to display via hdmi worked for tv streaming via tv.xfinity. Now only internal speakers work even though computer shows its being outputted. You can not control sound volume except via the web browser interface.

Hopefully, this was not an intention change to force users to buy cable boxes. I travel a lot and am constantly using BT Headsets and contecting to TV's.

Problem Solver

SeaTurtle1 wrote:

Comast must of made changes to their code. 12-Sept Sound for both bluetooth and connecting to display via hdmi worked for tv streaming via tv.xfinity. Now only internal speakers work even though computer shows its being outputted. You can not control sound volume except via the web browser interface.

Hopefully, this was not an intention change to force users to buy cable boxes. I travel a lot and am constantly using BT Headsets and contecting to TV's.

Comcast probably add a system check for BT. If you use something lik this, it should work

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless/dp/B01IV1H1ME/ref=sr_1_1?i...

New Poster

So am i just out of luck if i want to connect laptop to tv via hdmi, because sound doesnt work for that either.

Does anyone know how to open a ticket?

Problem Solver

SeaTurtle1 wrote:

So am i just out of luck if i want to connect laptop to tv via hdmi, because sound doesnt work for that either.

I still get sound over hdmi using a laptop that doesn't have BT. Try disabling BT in the device manager.

Problem Solver

SeaTurtle1 wrote:

Hooked up my laptop with BT (but nothing paired) and got sound over hdmi

Frequent Visitor

So, glad to know it's not just me, but kind of dissapointed in this "Help" and "Support" forum. Would be nice to have some input from the Xfinity folks. Something like "we are aware of the issue and...." or "can you try this to see if it fixes the problem."

Regular Visitor

Mine quit working with Xfinity also as of 9-14-17 and they work with other things like itunes, Netflix..etc. Does anyone know how to fix the problem? 

I use my laptop as a TV soures in the evenings.

Regular Visitor

I have a Bluetooth Universal Audio Transmitter that I use for an old portable DVD player and I just plugged it in to my laptop headset port and it works.....my wireless headphones now work!

Hope this helps others for now it works for me and I will use this until they fix the issue if ever.

New Poster

Sounds works via HDMI for everything but tv.xfinity, (same with BT) could have multiple tabs open with other sources like youtube etc and sounds works with everything except xfinity. The problem isnt hardware related its comcasts site.

New Poster

Any luck with this, not working still for me
Problem Solver

Puppiesrule4 wrote:

Mine quit working with Xfinity also as of 9-14-17 and they work with other things like itunes, Netflix..etc. Does anyone know how to fix the problem? 

I use my laptop as a TV soures in the evenings.

An Adobe flash update was released on 9/14, could this be another flash update problem?

Source - http://www.snapfiles.com/apphistory/flashplayer_history.html

New Poster

mine quit working same 9.14 also .. can we get some input from xfinity folk? anyone out there?

New Poster

Same.  So glad I found this thread.  I've reset everything i can reset.  Factory restored my Beats Wireless headphones, paired, unpaired and deleterd and re-paired... then realized BT headphones work everywhere else.  What's the fix, XfinityStream??  I HAVE a cable box.  I want to watch on my laptop, in my own home 

New Poster

Same here, bluetooth stopped working on mac and only my local computer speakers work.

Every other site and apps work, except for Xfinity 

Frequent Visitor

Well my wife was tired of hearing my violent shows while on my pc so she contacted them for a solution. She was told that they are doing an "upgrade". They did not have a completion date yet though. Doesn't help much I know! 

New Poster

Moseng - At least someone was able to get a hold of comcast and get at least a response, i tried and just got the run around. I hope they actually fix it, curious how many people use the streaming service. 

New Poster

I had this problem using a Anker soundcore select bluetooth speaker. It was working in early september prior to windows 10 updates that were applied around the middle of September. I've spent the last two days working with Microsoft to get this resolved via their chat interface. They updated my soundcard software and resolved the problem.

New Poster

Same for me. iMac 2017. Bluetooth works everywhere except Xfinity Stream. Tried three different browsers. System Preferences shows Hesh Bluetooth headphones are synced with computer and connected, but sound comes out of iMac speakers instead. I am getting responses from a post I made on Xfinity's Facebook page, various people who don't seem to read each other's messages or my own. Still, there's hope.

New Poster

I have the same problem, I can listen through my Bluetooth headset to everything except Xfinity Web TV. Xfinity failing to at least respond is very disappointing. It might be time to head over to Facebook and stir the pot.

Regular Visitor

Bluetooth Universal Audio Transmitter is what I tried and it worked.

Frequent Visitor

Puppiesrule4 wrote:

Bluetooth Universal Audio Transmitter is what I tried and it worked.

While this is certainly a workaround (thanks) the point is that Xfinity has the problem and is not even really awknowledging it, let alone fixing it. I wonder if they will cover the cost of universal audio translaters for all it's customers who use bluetooth? Hahahahahahaha!! I crack myself up!

Problem Solver

Frequent Visitor

mvenanzi wrote:

This is an Adobe problem. Find possible solution here - http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Bose-wireless-headphones-quit-working-with-xfini...

Thanks for that! In fact I tried it earlier but no joy for me at least. Smiley Sad

I truly do hate being "that guy" but I have to disagree as to whose problem it is. Xfinity is not working correctly. Whether it's them directly or someone else, they need to own it. It's been over a week now (that I noticed the problem) and it's not fixed and there is no response from support other than what they told us when we called which was they were in the process of an upgrade.

Administrator
Administrator

All,

We apologize for any inconvenience this audio issue created. It is a known issue, but one we believe we have a solution for. 

Solution:

1. Pair your device
  2. Clear browser cookies & cache
  3. Quit the browser
  4. Re-launch and login to the App.

Please let us know if you still experience issues. Thanks in advance for your patience as we worked to get this corrected. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

We apologize for any inconvenience this audio issue created. It is a known issue, but one we believe we have a solution for. 

Solution:

1. Pair your device
  3. Quit the browser
  4. Re-launch and login to the App.

Please let us know if you still experience issues. Thanks in advance for your patience as we worked to get this corrected. 

Thanks for replying. I've done this already and more (please read this thread). I just tried again and my Bluetooth audio devices still do not work with Xfinity Web TV. Other streaming sites like Netfilx, Amazon, Youtube, etc, continue to work. 

By the way, the link you provided in step 2 appears to be incomplete for Edge. I see only two steps of the process. 

Problem Solver

moseng wrote:

Thanks for replying. I've done this already and more (please read this thread). I just tried again and my Bluetooth audio devices still do not work with Xfinity Web TV. Other streaming sites like Netfilx, Amazon, Youtube, etc, continue to work. 

By the way, the link you provided in step 2 appears to be incomplete for Edge. I see only two steps of the process. 

Other streaming sites like Netfilx, Amazon, Youtube don't use flash

Frequent Visitor

Also, one very important point here. Bluetooth DOES work with Chrome, but not Edge. I don't think that was mentioned before.

Frequent Visitor

Good point. But BT does work with Chrome (Flash), just not Edge. I don't use Chrome or I would not be here trying to resolve this issue. 

Problem Solver

moseng wrote:

Good point. But BT does work with Chrome (Flash), just not Edge. I don't use Chrome or I would not be here trying to resolve this issue. 

Chrome and Edge have thier own internal version of flash, not using adobe flash, so it will work

Frequent Visitor

Good morning Comcast! As of this morning I am still unable to use Bluetooth audio devices to listen to Xfinity Stream. I was wondering if there has been any other devlopments regarding this issue. In addition to the normal stuff, clearing cache, signing in and out, rebooting, etc, I've tried the two suggested solutions below. I was told there was an upgrade being done. Anything new?  

Solution:
Go to https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html
Click “Reset Flash License Files” button
Clear browser cookies & cache
Quit the browser
Re-launch and login to the App

Solution:
Pair your device
Clear browser cookies & cache
Quit the browser
Re-launch and login to the App.

New Poster

I did this yesterday and it worked, BUT today same problem, no bluetooth on XFINITY Web TV.  So I did the same thing, now it works, but what about tomorrow??? I don't like to have to re-enter all info each time. Including set-up of Web TV. This is NOT an acceptable fix.

Problem Solver

CroakerLuver1 wrote:

I did this yesterday and it worked, BUT today same problem, no bluetooth on XFINITY Web TV.  So I did the same thing, now it works, but what about tomorrow??? I don't like to have to re-enter all info each time. Including set-up of Web TV. This is NOT an acceptable fix.

Only Adobe can "fix" it. All comcast can do is bug adobe. Chrome seems to work fine on my system.

New Poster

didnt work switched to google chrome it works. 

New Poster

I have follow the steps and still no sound.Same thing works on everything else.

Frequent Visitor

Hello Xfinity / Comcast. Any news on this? Wow! This is getting old. 

Frequent Visitor

Any news today?

New Poster

Clear your cookies and history (both of these). Then restart your browser. This was recommended by an Xfinity customer service agent and it worked for me.

New Poster

moseng wrote:

I was able to fix this issue by going to the adobe flash website, test flash, then when the flash movie came up, I right clicked to get the settings, then enabled my AirPods through there. Once that was done, the audio started playing through the AirPods in the Xfinity player. There needs to be a mechanism in your player that detects if bluetooth wireless headphones are connected to a PC. This issue does not occur in the mobile app.

New Poster

see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/No-sound-when-streaming-xfinity-tv-on-PC/td-p/29...

This is a known issue with the Adobe Flash version 27.0. Comcast contacted Adobe and this will be fixed in Adobe Flash's next release.

Below are some troubleshooting steps to try in the interim before an update is released.

Problem: No Audio when connected to HDMI Cable (Happening with Adobe Flash version 27.0)

Solution:

1. Go to https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html
  2. Click “Reset Flash License Files” button
  3. Clear browser cookies & cache
  4. Quit the browser
  5. Re-launch and login to the App

Problem: No Audio when connected to Bluetooth Speaker / Headphones

Solution:

1. Pair your device
  3. Quit the browser
  4. Re-launch and login to the App

How to clear browser history:

Firefox:

• Click ‘History’ from browser menu
  • Click ‘Clear Recent History’
  • Set ‘Time range to clear’ as `Everything`
  • Check Cookies & Cache
  • Click ‘Clear Now’ button
  • Load the app and login

Safari:

• Click ‘History’ from browser menu
  • Click ‘Clear History’
  • Select ‘All History’
  • Click ‘Clear History’ button

Internet Explorer:

• Go to Settings
  • Click ‘Internet Options’
  • On the ‘General’ tab, click ‘Delete’ button
  • Check - Temporary Internet Files and website Files, Cookies & Website data, Form data
  • Click “Delete” button
  • Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button

MS Edge:

• Click on the three dots (on the top right)
  • Click on Settings
  • Scroll and click ‘Choose What to clear’ button under ‘Clear browsing data’ section
  • Check - Cookies and saved website data & Cached data and files.
  • Click on Clear button
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, I KNOW this is supposedly a known issue regarding adobe flash. Why then does BT sound work with other web browsers but not Edge? Is this a Microsoft issue since Edge uses it's own version of Flash? Other flash enabled sites work fine. Regardless, Comcast / Xfinity has customers that have a problem. It's real easy to push the blame on someone else. It's better to find a solution! I am looking for a solution that allows me to use my browser of choice, Edge to listen through BT. 

So, I ask again... Comcast / Xfinity... ANY UPDATE! 

Thanks!

New Poster

I followed these intructions, and it worked! FOR ONE DAY. When I attempted to listen through my wireless speakers the next day, same old problem. Sound comes through laptop speakers. It's a pain in the *** to have to go through these motions every day, not just for the inconvenience - but the process clears out all auto sign ins - my computer was unrecongnized on all the sites I frequent. Don't want to go through this over and over!

Problem Solver

If you're not afraid of beta versions, adobe flash next version is available as a beta release

Be sure to follow instructions when installing, its not auto-magic. You must uninstall previous version first.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Or use chrome

New Poster

It happened to me, again, after a major Win 10 update.  I can't tell if fault lies with Microsoft, Comocast, or Adobe.  Last time after a couple of weeks, somebody updated something and Bluetooth worked with Xfinity again.