New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Blocking network TV

Frequent Visitor

Blocking network TV

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /captiveportal/index.html on this server.

I try to watch ABC, NBC, CBS on the internet, but get this message-above.

I have read other postings, saying Comcast want to sell other services if you call support.

I tend to believe the postings, Comcast is always trying to sell something or charge for what you do not want.

All I want to do is watch TV on the internet like I have but today, I can't because of Comcast.

I have read to change DNS servers, but that is a hassle, & why should I, if I am paying for a service but not receiving the service.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error Code 557

My Device Information My Zip Code: 98589 My Cable Provider: Not Installed Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: Unknown My Map ID: Unknown My Persona ID: 8259 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 67.160.83.205 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 26 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/26.0.1410.64 Safari/537.31 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20125.0 My Flash version: 11.7.700 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2358 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sun Apr 21 2013 12:14:29 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Sun Apr 21 2013 12:14:19 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Cy, A Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: False Voice Subscriber: False
Valued Contributor

Re: Blocking network TV

Hi, Im not sure if I get what youre referring too, but when I go to abc or nbc .com I can watch videos and I use comcast and its security.

If youre trying to watch by comcast video page you do have to have cable subscription that inc'd that channel?

Good luck to ya.

Service Expert

Do you have Comcast tv service?

According to this Cable TV Subscriber: False you do not.

If you do subscribe to cable tv something is wrong with your account. You can call Comcast and ask them to check coding for your account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Blocking Network TV & Internet sites

Not Found

The requested URL /home.htm was not found on this server.

Not Found

The requested URL /site/Motorola/Motorola-Modems/pcmcat159400050017.c was not found on this server.

Comcast is becoming the worst Internet Service Provider, I have ever paid the big bucks for such crappy service. I can not surf the internet because I am getting the above messages on many sites, not able to go to Best Buy.  I know it is not my equipment, it is on the ISP side, the server side. I do not know what the deal is, but if this keeps up I will be getting a new ISP, that gives better Internet service, so I can surf without the 404 or Not Found message.

Frequent Visitor

Blocking Network TV

Forbidden

403 error

Come on all I am trying to do is watch CBS, but get this message.  This is not my equipment, because all my equipment is basically brand new, I have a AA in Networking.  ISP company are always trying to say itis your side (line of demarcation), but this is definitely ISP side. I wish you fix this very very soon, or I will go on every internet forum to complain of your crappy service. This is becoming rediculous, ISP is interferring with my Internet surfing. When I lived in MN, MN customer were always complaining of Comcast service, I had Charter in MN. Now, I see Comcast is not worth the money.

Frequent Visitor

You are not right, I am at a RV park that gives you free cable tv services (bulk service) throughout the park. I pay for Cable Internet, which I have been watching Internet TV (meaning Network TV stations on the Internet), but now suddenly I am getting the block messages. This has nothing to do with my security programs or equipment. This is all on the ISP side (line of demarcation), this is a server blocking with this message. This is not my fault, this all ISP crappy servers, read the message SERVER.

Forbidden

The ISP, always try to put the blame on the customer, which they consider the customer to stupid to understand the ISP lingo, but I went to school for Networking, I know the lingo, I know this is your fault. Everything was working, I was surfing without a problem, & now, I am getting 404 & 403 error messages, this is not my equipment. The ISP is causing the problem.

Frequent Visitor

Blocking surfing on Internet

Blocking network TV

Forbidden

I try to watch ABC, NBC, CBS on the internet, but get this message-above.

I have read other postings, saying Comcast want to sell other services if you call support.

I tend to believe the postings, Comcast is always trying to sell something or charge for what you do not want.

All I want to do is watch TV on the internet like I have but today, I can't because of Comcast.

I have read to change DNS servers, but that is a hassle, & why should I, if I am paying for a service but not receiving the service.

I accidentally, clicked solved solution in error, this problem is not solved. I can not surf the intenet without getting a 404 or 403 error. The more I complain the worst it gets.  Comcast will not allow me to go on other forums to complain, forbbiden, you do not have permission, server.  How long do I have complain to get back to surfing freedom without errors, Comcast is becoming a police state, only allowing certain website to work. I need to go to EFF (Electronic Frontier Fundation) to complain, blocking websites like the government wants to do, Censor the Internet.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Blocking surfing on Internet

It's extremely unlikely that Comcast would be blocking their own websites. If you are being redirected to a captive portal page it's probably because there is something wrong with your account. You should call 1-800-Comcast, report the problem, and have them fix it.

Frequent Visitor

What could be wrong with my Account, I am paid up, I pay ahead of date due, I have a credit of a large amount on my acct to date. Everything has been working fine, what does my acct. have to do with this problem of 403 & 404 server errors. Comcast probably wants to cause a problem on my acct, to sell me something, usual modus operandi, cause a problem, call Comcast, you have to buy this.

Gold Problem Solver

sah101 wrote: What could be wrong with my Account ...

I don't know. But since you're the only one having trouble reaching www.totallyfreestuff.com and www.yesall4free.com you should probably call and find out.

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  I need help.  I can't access anything without an error and it doesn't matter which machine I am on.  I was told by customer service to contact the website provider.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  So it's all of the websites and not comcast?  I don't think so.

Gold Problem Solver

What website? What error are you getting?

New Poster

I am getting forbidden website error.  This is always from comcast.  I have tried netflix.com, readingplus.com, bing.com, yahoo.com

Gold Problem Solver

Please post the complete, exact error message and the complete, exact web address you are getting it on.

Example:

Web address:

http://selfinstall4.comcast.com/captiveportal/index.html?cid=insDate04232013

Forbidden

Frequent Visitor

I used a CHAT session of COMCAST help, during the session, it was on Comcast side, my equipment was OK. It was a synched & provisioned to Comcast network. How it became out of synch, when it has been working fine for long time?  Anyway, the CHAT room worked, it is fixed (synched & provisioned), I am able to watch & surf to anything & everything on the net without any 403 &/or 404 error. It was not my equipment & I did not have to do any fancy equipment reconfiguration, like I had read other individuals do to thier network. Thanks for all the suggestions.

New Poster

Http:  403 Forbidden (time.com, people.com, Netflix.com)

Http:  404 Not Found (yahoo mail)

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation