Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BeIn Sports CONNECT

Frequent Visitor

BeIn Sports CONNECT

I'm a new Comcast subscriber. I was happy to see that I get BeIn Sports with my paid subscription. However, I was sad to see that Comcast is not listed as a streaming service provider for BeIn CONNECT. Why? Every other major provider is listed, but not Comcast. According to BeIn CONNET:

IT'S FREE WITH YOUR beIN SPORTS SUBSCRIPTION. CHOOSE YOUR TELEVISION PROVIDER, SIGN IN AND ENJOY beIN SPORTS CONNECT.

I searched the threads for this topic, and there are similar requests going back to 2012 to have this streaming service. However, I don't see an explantion form Comcast stating as to why not. Has there been an offical word from Comcast as to why not? Can someone from Comcast comment?

I recently came from FiOS where I had this service, along with other latin football channels included with the top tier service. 

Official Employee

Re: BeIn Sports CONNECT

Hello 

BeIN Sports is available through our Live Streaming services. Go to: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch-live-tv and sign in with your comcast.net username and password to be able to see the live stream. 

You can also access Live Streaming via our Xfinity TV Go app. http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-go-app-overview/

Let me know if you have any difficulty and need further assistance. I'd be happy to help.

Thank you,

ComcastGeorge

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes, Bein Sports streaming is available through the Xfinity app. However, I was referring to the additional available service called BeIn Sports CONNECT available to all BeIn subscribers, except Comcast ones. It's an additonal service you can stream that carries more matches on the BeIn Sports website. You simply log in with your service provder username and password. Comcast is notably absent as a provider. All the other big name players allow this service, however.

Any word on when or if Comcat will offer to stream BeIN CONNECT? The BeIn site says if you don't see your provider listed, beg them. So, I'm begging. Please.

Official Employee

Unfortunately, I don't have any information regarding that. I have searched internal documents and have not been able to find anything that would indicate we are going to be provider through the BeIN Sports Connect website. 

I have emailed a colleague that would have knowledge if this is in the works or not and a timeframe if it is. I will post as soon as I hear back from him. 

Thank you and in the meantime, you can watch BeIN Sports through our website like I suggested. 

ComcatGeorge

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

- Geoege

Thanks again for your reply! Yes, please keep me informed regarding BeIn CONNECT.

New Poster

Of course, again. No answer
Frequent Visitor

It's a shame. We are paying Comcast for the BeIn subscription, and yet this additional service to be able to stream additional content (more soccer games, for instance) which is provided FREE by BeIn to all it's customers is not allowed by Comcast. EVERY major service provider is listed to be able to stream this, except the largest cable provider in the country - Comcast. I would like to understand the business decision behind this.

It seems that Comcast just does not like it's users/customers to stream content outside of its control. It's really a disservice to it's customers, and yet Comcast does not seem to care. Like I said, I'm a new customer (ex FiOS), and it's the little extras and perks that keep the customers happy. FiOS even provided ESPN Deportes and FOX Deportes to its premium customers without having to pay extra for the Latin Package. Comcast forces you to upgrade to the Latin Package in order to get the channels. 

New Poster

I have trouble even watching Bein sports online....

It works sometimes...

It usually says I need a subscription and if I take the steps to purchase, it says I already have the sports package.

No one seems to care about this further tha a $2 refund or something similar.

Contributor

ComcastGeorge wrote:

I have emailed a colleague that would have knowledge if this is in the works or not and a timeframe if it is. I will post as soon as I hear back from him. 

Thank you and in the meantime, you can watch BeIN Sports through our website like I suggested. 

ComcatGeorge

So let me guess: almost 2 months and you haven't heard back from your colleague, have you?

And stop telling us we can watch BeIN Sports on your website; You either do not know what BeIN Connect is, or worst you're just making fun of your customers. That would be like telling your customers who ask to have access to ESPN3 that they can watch ESPN or ESPN2 on your website.