Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Be careful watching TV on your PC

New Poster

Be careful watching TV on your PC

Just a tip for new Comcast Customers. Be careful watching TV on your PC. You will go through your 300 gig data limit FAST. You would think that using Comcast services from the Comcast website wouldnt impact data usage if your a customer but it does. Just got my notification today saying I was near my data limit.

New Poster

Re: Be careful watching TV on your PC

Great warning. I was using my bandwidth like crazy... Stopping. stopping...

Frequent Visitor

what do you mean by this? Ive only been watching tv thru my pc for over a year now. I watch shows and movies constantly and not once have I ever had this report.

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast has a 300G limit (you pay $$ for each 10G or so you go over) in a few areas. Most of the country is currently unlimited.

New Poster

I only used 140 Gig my first month. Had a family member stay this month in the spare room. I was unaware of the data limit so I set up my pc in that room so they would be able to watch the live channels available on the xfinity site. It was only used a few hours each night. Next thing I know I recieve an automated call and email indicating I am about to hit my data limit. It would seem reasonable if they would exempt their websites from the data charges such as some cellphone companies do.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/15/technology/comcast-data-limits/

New Poster

Silver Problem Solver

jdtabt wrote:

It would seem reasonable if they would exempt their websites from the data charges such as some cellphone companies do.

Net Neutrality.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation