Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

:BUFFERING" screen

Regular Visitor

:BUFFERING" screen

I have been watching "OZ"  and to date have not had any problems.  Today I tried to access the show and all I get is a blank screen with the word BUFFING and a time line of "0".  Why can I not get the episode I would like to view?  Please help.

Official Employee

Re: :BUFFERING" screen

Please provide a link or the season/episode number in question.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Endless Buffering

Currently, I am unable to watch any of the online TV content that is not HULU content.  Whenever I try to watch a TV episode (again, other than HULU content) the initial commercial plays, but when the episode is supposed to begin the video goes into an endless buffering mode.  I have tried waiting it out (as long as 15 minutes), Flash content plays fine on every other site I have tried, and the TV episodes that are HULU content (ie. Arrested Development, Back in the Game, etc) work fine.

Here are just a couple of the many examples of online content that are not working:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Blacklist/4662228359520353112/78760515540/Anslo-Garrick%2C-Part-2/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/South-Park/9125054853592448112/93205059745/The-Hobbit/videos

New Poster

Re: Endless Buffering

Yes, the same thing is happening to me, will try support to see if they can fix this problem

New Poster

You cannot watch any networks TV shows if you are not on the TV package getting that channel.  My promotional period ended and I do not get Lifetime Channel anymore, thereby, I get the endless buffering and cannot watch previous episodes of Witches of East End, as it is a Lifetime Channel show.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response, but I have a current subscription to all of the channels I have attempted to watch online.

New Poster

The same is happening to me, but with the movies. Sometimes, it gets stuck on the "Parental Control" screen, and sometimes it just shows the endless buffering. It is so annoying!

New Poster

Same here but only on the new laptop. It plays fine on older laptops.  Have tried calling Comcast for days but keep getting transferred to India where rep promises to call me back within an hour.  They must have a different concept of time as the hour has turned into days.  Tried calling today and got message that expected wait time is 10-15 mins before I can even speak to someone.  Looks like it is time to cut the cord from Comcast.

Regular Visitor

I have had the same problem.  (SEE my question on this site as "BUFFERING".  I too have been waiting days.  I was told they would get back to me w/i 24 hrs.  NO RESPON. YET.  They even tried to sell me a package for an additional 4.99 a month.  LOL...  I even tried to pull up shows that I have watched in the past.  Still nothing but the buffering screen.  Funny thing is, I get the commercials then the screen goes to buffering.  They better be able to fix this soon or it's SO LONG Comcast.

Official Employee
New Poster

I see you refer us to the other topic thread yet there is still no solution.  I have now spent hours on the phone with Comcast with no resolution.  If you cannot fix the problem let me know so I can select a new provider who provides all the service for which I am billed.  Enough already.

New Poster

Re: :BUFFERING" screen

I'm kinda glad it's not just me!