Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BTN2Go Not Authorized Even Though Channel is in My Package

New Poster

BTN2Go Not Authorized Even Though Channel is in My Package

The Big 10 Network almost literally just got added to a lot of people's digital starter and digital preferred packages in the last few days in the state Maryland.  The University of Maryland joined the Big 10, so many Terps football and basketball games and the like are on the Big 10 Network, and Comcast signed an agreement to show the channel on these broader tiers in most of the state rather than the more limited tiers it used to be on.  So, I can see the channel up and running on my television fine for the first time this afternoon.  All that is the good news.

The bad news is that I may be away from my home during some of the game.  I was going to use the BTN2Go streaming app to watch part of it away from home.  It requests you log in by provider, and I get:

"This network is not included in your current XFINITY® TV subscription*.

Upgrade your service now to watch this network"

But it *is* in my subscription now.  I watched a couple minutes of whatever they had on earlier on my television to test it out.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum had a fix for this.

I mean, I could call Comcast, but that always turns into an half and a half of holding, being transferred, being disconnected and starting up again, people trying to sell me premium packages and extra services when I can't really even afford what I have, etc..  And I have my doubts about whether the average phone rep is going to understand this issue correctly anyway- that I have the service package and the Big 10 app is saying not authorized because Comcast probably hasn't connected the starter and preferred tiered people who just got the channel on TV to the digital authoriation thing yet.  They'll just try to say it's not in my package and upsell me (If anything, I may downgrade or cancel- can't really afford as is- upgrading is totally out of the question and I don't need to upgrade for this, it's in my package, it just isn't working online yet for some reason).

I may be at a family gathering for part of the big game today, so I want to get this up and running on my phone.

Anyone have any ideas?

New Poster

Re: BTN2Go Not Authorized Even Though Channel is in My Package

We have the same issue today, and we have used BTN2go without problems for the past couple of years with our XFINITY sign in. Hopefully, someone will flip the switch for us all.
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue and it really ticks me off!  This is the only time I really even watch TV!  I am so dissapointed!

Regular Visitor

I was on the phone with support for 40 mintues they have no idea what is going on.  I asked if anyone else had called oabut this and they said no know else had called.  I hopethey monitor these forums and get this fixed.  BTN doesn't work on xfinity TV either.  

New Poster

BTN tweeted that this is a Comcast issue and that it has asked Comcast to resolve.
New Poster

Close to kickoff of the 3:30pm games, which includes the one I want to see- the Terps game, you know, why they added the channel to these packages in Maryland in the first place.  Fortunately, it looks like I'll be home for at least the first half, but I may need to watch part of the second half elsewhere on the phone.  Maybe I'll bug them the customer service chat while I watch the first half and see if they can get this fixed.  Everytime I call Comcast, I get off the phone an hour and a half later feeling this pit in my stomach of frustration and despair, usually with the situation completely unresolved.  I don't want to spend the first half talking to them.  The CSRs in the chat rooms can do even less than the phone people, but I guess I should try.

This drives me nuts, I sacrifice every month to pay my bill.  I cut down to SD service and whatnot just to make sure I can watch live sports and news, basically, perhaps the occasional drama or comedy- but I get most of my dramas and comedies through Netflix (No commericals, you can usually watch from the first episode to the last all available simultaneously, more convienent as I don't have a DVR, etc.).

So, basically, I pay the TV half of the subscription for sports, and they are failing me on sports right now (At least on the streaming log-in side.  Money is tight and I'm always a good bet to up and leave because of that.  They need to prove their value to me every single day to justify their place in my budget.  I've gone Internet-only with them before, and even cancelled everything before.  If I leave on the TV side, it'll be at least 2 years before they see me again for TV because Directv and Dish require 2 year contractual commitments.  I'll bet Directv and Dish have working log-in credentials for Big 10, though.

New Poster

Same thing happening to me and I just noticed it today. I know I have used this service before without a problem; I'm getting the channel on my TV. Just spent 45 minutes on the phone and it was no help. Said every permission was listed as it should be; told me to call the online division at 877-761-5017 (of course they don't work today), but I know they won't help. Won't work on my computer or my iPad. Get that same stupid message. Someone get to the bottom of this! :-)

New Poster

Absolutely the same issue here, watching the channel on my screen but can't login online.  30 minutes into my call.  Unacceptable...

New Poster

Customer rep refusing to read ticket #, service poor

Now 61 minutes into my call and basically no solution..  Current tech refuses to read the ticket notes tthat the woman who worked with me for 40 minutes wrote and is giving attitude.

Ticket #3738510

Basically when the Big Ten network was a premium subscription in Maryland I subscribed, when it converted over to a more basic tier that is creating a credential problem.  I need the Big Ten network correctly added to my account.  

New Poster

Re: Customer rep refusing to read ticket #, service poor

I hour and 48 minutes to the call, the tech rep says the manager says this is a known issue and has been happening since yesterday.  There is no ETA for it being fixed.....

New Poster

Exact same problem. It's very frustrating. Comcast / Xfinity help staff are very polite, but completely useless.

New Poster

Tried calling again and the experience was like talking to an empty cardboard box.

srbohya wrote:

Exact same problem. It's very frustrating. Comcast / Xfinity help staff are very polite, but completely useless.

N/A

Seems to be working finally here in northwest NJ. Haven't teted much, but at least got past the login error late on 09/03/14