ANSWERED
New Poster

BRING BACK THE OLD ONLINE LISTINGS

BRING BACK THE OLD ONLINE LISTINGS !!!!

Accepted Solution

Re: BRING BACK THE OLD ONLINE LISTINGS

ladymei wrote:

I'm sorry but that is not possible. The new listings will continue to be improved based on the extensive user feedback in these forums and elsewhere.

View answer in context
Official Employee

ladymei wrote:

I'm sorry but that is not possible. The new listings will continue to be improved based on the extensive user feedback in these forums and elsewhere.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

The problem is not solved. The site was designed by a person who has absolutly no clue what they are doing. I used to be able to manage my DVR and change channels on my tv from my PC. I no longer can do so and have no desire to use my cell phone as a remote. The one time I tried that I hated it. I used to be able to send messages to my TV. I can no longer do so.

Regular Visitor

ComcastDan..

My wife and I have been subscribers for years now...Your company forgot about us. You do not FORGET to bill us every month though...do you?

I write a check (Yes I still make sure I get a Paper Bill and use a CHECK). $250.00/month for all my 'Services'.

Which Comcast/Xfinity/Whatever has not kept their end of the bargin.

You never ASKED if any of us wanted this change...

It was so EASY to use our Computers to set up our DVR.

Now we cannot and I will NOT use my phone.

Just because there are a lot of people with there face stuck in a phone does not mean we all want to use them as any kind of remote.

I just want to go on my PC and manage anything I want on my DVR.

Why is this so hard to understand....

The older system WORKED and it was NOT Broke.

Now it is BROKEN!

Regular Contributor

Solved? That is an insult to all of us that loved the old website. It has been months now since the new website came out, and you got feedback from the very start about its deficiencies. But you chose to take the old site away from us without fixing the problems of the new one, and it's obvious there is no priority to fix them now. A company with the resources of Comcast could fix it right away if they really wanted to.

Official Employee

swanda wrote:

Solved? That is an insult to all of us that loved the old website. It has been months now since the new website came out, and you got feedback from the very start about its deficiencies. But you chose to take the old site away from us without fixing the problems of the new one, and it's obvious there is no priority to fix them now. A company with the resources of Comcast could fix it right away if they really wanted to.

I didn't mark this thread as solved, someone else did.

Replacing the former website was a technical imperiative because the underlying technology was no longer able to be supported. All feedback from these forums has been shared with the teams involved and they are working to improve the experience and restore the identified feature gaps, where possible. 

The new website will not support scheduling or managing recordings for non-X1 set-top boxes. That capability is now only available from the XFINITY TV Remote app.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

ComcastDan wrote:

swanda wrote:

I didn't mark this thread as solved, someone else did.       Do you have the ability to remove the solved?

Replacing the former website was a technical imperiative because the underlying technology was no longer able to be supported. All feedback from these forums has been shared with the teams involved and they are working to improve the experience and restore the identified feature gaps, where possible.    What ever happened to "Plan Ahead" ?  What exactly is a "technical imperative"?  Why were there so many "feature gaps"?  

The new website will not support scheduling or managing recordings for non-X1 set-top boxes. That capability is now only available from the XFINITY TV Remote app.   Where can a non technical, senior citizen, with poor eyesight find easy to read and UNDERSTAND the information on the "XFINITY TV Remote app"?   What is an "app"?  and how does it apply to my desktop pc and DVR box, and what is its purpose?    

I've said before and will again, I do not have the X1 system, and just a desktop computer, an old flip cover cell phone, for emergencies.  

Back in July, the banner of NEW WAY TO WATCH TV started to appear above the tv listing page, I checked it out, considered it a nightmare, difficult to read, black background, limited hour grid, no way to verify zip code, no DVR manager, no way to mark favorites, there are more but "senior moment" can't recall now.. 

Bottom line, Dan, the former website was deemed obsolete and a new one required.  So the old one was trashed with an inadequate replacement.  

ciao, bj  

Problem Solver

BlueJay wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

swanda wrote:

I didn't mark this thread as solved, someone else did.       Do you have the ability to remove the solved? 

This whole thread really isn't my issue, but did anyone ever wonder that possibly the OP marked the thread solve? The OP made a statement, and ComcastDan gave an answer as to why it wasn't coming back. The OP might have thought that answer was good enough for them. If ComcastDan removed the solved status, wouldn't that be going against the OP's wishes. Just a thought.

Frequent Visitor

then COMCAST upgraded POORLY AGAIN! I AM NOT GETTING THE $300+ a month service I used to get

New Poster

The new grid doesn't do anything to provide me with the service I should get from a highly overpriced cable system. For instance:   I want to know what channel to tune to when I get home tonight at 7:15 to watch NFL football ...... What channel numbers do I punch in on my remote to access ESPN, and, what if i wanted to set it to record as I'm leaving my office later than expected so I don't miss any of the game when I get home? My remote at home doesn't have a keyboard to type in "TV Go" and if it did, what channel number is this program. 

Also, Why is it so technically difficult to leave the grid where we can see all 3 hours of primetime (7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Central) in one window. I, and several others, pay your salary every month and you should be more accepting of our suggestions and complaints. You people are just downright Goofy. Hopefully Donald Trump will open up the state borders for competition in healthcare AND CABLEVISION. 

c.c.

New Poster

This new listing is awful!  I need to be able to click on HD channels without going through all the channels.  I need to be able to put in categories, like All Sports being played today or All Movies today.  When you name football games why do you have the teams' names instead of the name of the college or university.  Write Georgia - not Bulldogs.  Lots of teams are called Bulldogs.  Why did you change a good thing?

Regular Contributor

Yep I totally agree, they borked the DVR manager to force X-whatever. All new BETTER with FLASH..lol  It's lame!

Frequent Visitor

You can spend 10 BILLION DOLLARS sponsoring nascar. BUT YOU WILL NOT SUPPORT YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Frequent Visitor

I agree 100% with this complaint. As I get older you folks get more complicated. If it wasn't such a hassle to change my e-mail address with all my contacts I would drop Comcast. Maybe I'll do it anyway.

New Poster

I believe I have the X1 set top box and cannot manage it online. It's the MOTO MX011ANC box and does have DVR. I also either cannot find where to clean up the box is or it's no longer there. My wife likes to record shows she never watches. 

Did the designer of the new site even look at the old site before just using his/her kid's drawings as user interface plans? I mean I know Microsoft favors that methodology of systems design but seriously losing some functionality that was truely nice after you all decided to implement your other limitations is very frustrating. Unfortunately since you are the only people in our area with high speed internet I don't have the option of switching to another provider. 

Another unrelated frustration is the bloody pop out windows. I seriously don't want another screen to pop out every time I try to get to another portion of the site. That is poor web design at it's finest. Flash as well should have died eon's ago. 

Regular Contributor

ComcastDan wrote:

ladymei wrote:

Not only have the listings not been improved in the almost a month since you wrote this, they just made them even worse by making the selection of a date and time for the guide more difficult and time-consuming. There was no feedback asking for that, and none of the feedback for useful improvement have been implemented.