Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

BBC America shows will not play

New Poster

BBC America shows will not play

trying to watch Orphan Black and it goes to the ad screen that says "Your video will resume shortly". it never does and no other BBC america shows will play either.

I am using Chrome, Windows 7, and yes I am logged in. I have watched before with no problems.

New Poster

Re: BBC America shows will not play

I am currently watching BBC America on my television right now and I can confirm that I do have a BBC America subscription. However, when I tried to watch Orphan Black online, the window says "BBC America is not part of your subscriptions." Can someone help me out with this? Resetting the gateway on the comcast.net website helped someone else having trouble with access to ABC shows. I'm using the same log in username and password that I've always used to watch these shows. 

Regular Contributor

There are at least half a dozen people posting in different threads here about this "ABCXYZ is not part of your subscription" problem. You can read what people have said and the official Comcast reply in this thread: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/ABC-is-not-a-part-of-your-subscriptions/m-p/1989101#M... if ComcastJoe or ComcastDaniel don't answer you in this thread you may want to private message them and see if you can have them look at your problem.

Just FYI, you are the second person posting here about a problem specifically with "Orphan Black".

- Norm

New Poster

I am having the same problem with every BBC America show I try to play online. It gets to the first commercial break, pauses with the message "your video will resume shortly" but it never resumes.

I do have BBC America as part of my lineup, at least I did before all of my channels (except NBC) disappeared, just the latest fiasco in my Comcast service. That is why I am trying to watch shows online, because I have no live TV, essentially. Just continual issues that no one at Comcast seems to be able to resolve. My bill is always paid on time, but I get NOTHING for my money.

Regular Contributor

I feel your pain but Comcast has some serious issues with their service, it seems like many more of their customers use the streaming service than what upper management believes and there are some serious technical glitches with it. Another serious problem is that the phone support people are not properly trained nor apparently have the resources to report and resolve problems with the streaming service. The only people that seem to have an avenue to the engineers or departments that are capable of resolving issues with the streaming service are the three or four Comcast employees that reply here in the forums but from what I can see they are swamped with the constant problems that are reported here and it takes some effort to get them to report those problems to the correct department for resolution.

Many of the people who post here are very frustrated because in those rare instances where the Comcast people say "We've forwarded Abcxyz problem to the engineers and we'll let you know when this is resolved" there is no confirmation that there was a problem, if it was resolved or if it's being "worked on" so information only seems to flow one way from the foums up (if you're lucky) and very little comes back in terms what problems are known, what is being done to fix them and what kind of eta there is on them getting fixed.

In my estimation there are now more than a dozen people who have posted here in various threads about problems with BBC America and that they can't play videos from it. There are only a couple pieces of advice I can give you: In some cases (but not all) people having problems were using a browser that had a version of Flash less than the latest 13.0.0.214, you can check what version you're using here http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ also if you're using Internet Explorer then try FireFox or Chrome and see if there's any improvement. After that if you don't see any improvement in a couple days then private message one of the Comcast people here and ask them about your problem; give as many details as possible i.e. error messages if any; an exact description of the problem; what operating system you are using; what web browsers you have tried; what versions of Flash you are using; what videos work and what ones don't etc.

- Norm

New Poster

Thanks Norm very much for your help. I did verify that I have the latest version of Flash. I had actually seen the ABC thread before I posted what I posted. What I did was go to the main page for Orphan Black instead of going to Watch Latest Episode. Now, I can't watch anything on the main page. It keeps insisting I don't have a subscription even though I do (literally am watching BBC America right now on my TV). I'm hoping a global problem fix will get pushed through because I don't have an hour to waste on the phone with Comcast people. Thanks again for your insight!

Regular Contributor

You have the "Abcxyz is not part of your subscriptions" problem which is different from the video doesn't play / stuck on buffering / progress bar advances but no video or sound. This problem has been an extreme nusance for people here and there are at least five or six threads of people complaining about getting this error for any number of channels, one of the oldest is here http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/ABC-is-not-a-part-of-your-subscriptions/m-p/1989101#M... in some cases the Comcast people have responded that they found irregularities with peoples accounts and forwarded the information to billing for it to be corrected. I suggest you try and private message one of the comcast people in the thread and ask them to look into your problem.

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation