Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Autoplay

New Poster

Autoplay

At night I stream 30 Rock and I usually fall asleep to it.  Streampix default is autoplay which means after an episode is over it plays the next episode automatically.  I've tried to turn this feature off but can't seem to find this setting to turn it off.  Normally I wouldn't care but since there is a cap in place I don't need to waist my internet cap on streaming tv shows if I'm going to be sleeping.  Anyone that can help me with this I would appreciate it.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Autoplay

arnoldk2 wrote:

At night I stream 30 Rock and I usually fall asleep to it.  Streampix default is autoplay which means after an episode is over it plays the next episode automatically.  I've tried to turn this feature off but can't seem to find this setting to turn it off.  Normally I wouldn't care but since there is a cap in place I don't need to waist my internet cap on streaming tv shows if I'm going to be sleeping.  Anyone that can help me with this I would appreciate it.

At the end of an episode, it will tell you what episode is playing next. Under the replay button, it will say:

"Next episode starts in 0:10 seconds/ Autoplay: ON.

Click the On button and it will turn Autoplay off.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I did this already. After watching an episode I turn the autoplay off. After watching another episode the autoplay has turned itself back on. So after every episode watched I need to manually turn the autoplay off. Once autoplay is turned off is it suppose to stay off? If so, that is not happening. Is there another fix on my end that I need to do or is this something comcast needs to fix?
Official Employee

arnoldk2 wrote:
I did this already. After watching an episode I turn the autoplay off. After watching another episode the autoplay has turned itself back on. So after every episode watched I need to manually turn the autoplay off. Once autoplay is turned off is it suppose to stay off? If so, that is not happening. Is there another fix on my end that I need to do or is this something comcast needs to fix?

A cookie should be stored so the site remembers you turned AutoPlay off. Please make sure you have cookies enabled and in the meantime, I will keep testing it myself.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Where is the resolution for this? Seems pretty stupid to have autoplay on by default with no option to turn it off, until the end of an episode. Then the new episode starts and autoplay switches back to on. Cookies has nothing to do with this.

New Poster

hello comcast joe

my issue is opposite.. the autoplay for xfinity tv is not on... well it seem for certain tv shows I need to know how to turn it on....i was watching sex and the city at the end of the show credits nothing happened i had to go back to the list and pick the next episode... that sucks... i watched scandal and it clearly stated the next episode will begin ......NEtflix does not have this problemm

NOW how do i turn autoplay on permanently

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation