Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Audio keeps cutting out

New Poster

Audio keeps cutting out

Audio keeps cutting out (muting). This is happening even in the best signal environments. I use the app mostly when I am on my home connection, the connection provided by you. The connection appears to be fine as I am able to stream from YouTube, Hulu, and other sources just fine even in high definition. I have tried everything from rebooting my modem, wireless router, and rebooting my iPad. Problem persists. Problem is there for all channels. But I watch mostly CNN.

Please fix!!!!!!!!
New Poster

Re: Audio keeps cutting out

Same here. I usually watch 'Live' broadcasts where it happens constantly.  Not intermittent but about every 20 secs the audio goes out for 2-3 secs.  

New Poster

Re: Audio keeps cutting out

I'm experiencing the same exact issue when watching live streams. To be honest, for as long as Comcast has held a monopoly over my neighborhood, I didn't use the live streams until the Simpsons marathon on FXX and I thought the intermittent audio was due to traffic on the network server, but after reading countless complaints I know I'm not alone. I do not own a TV, so I only utilize the service via my iPad and it's hard to digest a breaking news story when the audio cuts out every 30 seconds for a 2-3 second duration. I find it "interesting" that Comcast wants to charge me $85 to have a local technician visit my residence and diagnose the problem....BS! I also think it's "great" that Comcast has responded on other threads, but not this one. Now I'm off to find the thread about having to reset my modem at least 10 to 15 times throughout a single day...

P..S. I rent my house and there is a Verizon Fios box attached to the exterior next to the power meters, yet I'm stuck with Comcast?....o right, apparently Verizon can't find my house! Moral of the story: ALL communications companies are TERRIBLE!
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation