Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Audio gaps in videos

Frequent Visitor

Audio gaps in videos

My Device Information My Zip Code: 06498 My Cable Provider: Comcast Clinton Standard My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: 66.31.248.107 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102
Frequent Visitor

Re: programs watched on xfinity online have audio gaps. many at inopportune momments

thanks for your reply. we are watching Once upon a time, Blue Bloods, Castle ..... almost anything lately has many short gaps in audio. we had thought the source was bad because it was so pervasive. dl'd programs direct from USA Network are fine. just coming from xfinity is bad. possibley Hulu is bad as the source.

Frequent Visitor

Re: programs watched on xfinity online have audio gaps. many at inopportune momments

For me, my problem is only when watching recorded programs from xfinity. Of course, Xfinity is doing the recording. My live tv is fine. I concur with Judie. The audio gaps correspond with a visual wavy line in the video feed. I hope this helps because I love the service of it. It has not always been this way. The whole thing started within the last couple weeks.

Frequent Visitor

If I were Comcast, I'd check into files coming from Hulu. I have dl'd programs straight from the networks involved just to see if they would work.....and they do. No audio gaps whatever coming straight from the source. It seems that programs with the Hulu tradmark on it, seem to have the audio problems. Might be a clue anyway. Good luck.

Frequent Visitor

NO.....sorry for the confusion. I have no dvr. I am talking about programming from Xfinity. I pick a show from your Xfinity menu and watch it. Comcast is doing the recording in order to offer it to me. It is there that the audio breaks are happening so frequently that it is sometimes hard to follow the story. It is YOU who brought up the issue of live programming....I am speaking of pre-recorded programming offered by Xfinity. I then began watching the live programming more closely and noticed quite a few digital pixel breaks and momentary audio pauses in the live shows offered by Comcast. It was then ME that surmised that these pixel breaks could possibly cause the audio breaks as Comcast recorded their own live feeds in order to add them to Xfinity. Please call me if you would like to discuss this further. I know its hard to type what I really mean sometimes. A voice convo can clear up any questions a lot faster.

Official Employee

jmoler wrote:

thanks for your reply. we are watching Once upon a time, Blue Bloods, Castle ..... almost anything lately has many short gaps in audio. we had thought the source was bad because it was so pervasive. dl'd programs direct from USA Network are fine. just coming from xfinity is bad. possibley Hulu is bad as the source.

Sorry for the confusion but I tried to put all of your Xfinitytv.com related posts into one thread.

I am further looking into these Hulu sourced videos and will update you when I learn more.

As for audio issues on your TV with Xfinity Cable TV, please follow that issue here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Re-programs-watched-on-TV-have-audio-gaps-many-...

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation