Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Audio breaks during playback

New Poster

Audio breaks during playback

I am using the latest tv go app on the ipad 4 ios 7.12.
Wifi strong signal, internet speed shows 17mb down, 3.5mb up.

When lifestreaming, the audio stops every 10-15 sec., muted for 2-3 sec, than resumes.
Multiple channels: CNN, BBC...
Is there a way to fix this?

New Poster

Re: Audio breaks during playback

I have the same problem on an iPhone 5s.

Regular Contributor

Sometimes that happens when I am watching it on my regular tv.

New Poster

I only have the problem when watching on my iPhone.  I haven't  tried the iPad yet so I can't say if it is any IOS device or just on the iPhone.

Official Employee

Hi all,

We looked into this issue but we can not replicate it and we are seeing that the streams are healthy.

So we can further investigate, can you please provide additional information:

-What version of the Xfinity TV Go App are you using?

-What specific streams are you seeing this issue?

-Yakovs5 stated "the audio stops every 10-15 sec., muted for 2-3 sec, than resumes". Is everyone else having the same experience?

-If you haven't already, can you please tell me the type of device you are using (example: iPad 4, iPhone 4s, etc.)

-What iOS version are you using?

Thanks,

ComcastJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I am using: iPad 4, iOS 7.1.2, Xfinity TV Go App ver. 2.2.1.254.

I am having this issue while using Live stream, CNN and Fox News.

Just start watching a channel, after 5-7 min the problem starts - audio will mute for a few seconds and than resume.

If I kill the app and restart, the issue will return in 5-7 min. I can reproduce the issue every time.

New Poster

I called Comcast this morning and the support person said they would escallate this matter. For months now I have been using TV-GO on my Ipad Air, and no matter what channel I watch on Live TV, I get 2 to 3 second breaks in audio, while streamed image is excellent. 

I stream Live TV on my desktop PC which is hard wired to my router and there are no issues with lost audio.

I get 30mb/s down and 10mb/s up on speed tests and my Ipad Air works well with all other streaming apps, no audio issues.

I would appreciate a reply at thebart@boulderweb.com if you have a fix for this irritating issue.

New Poster

Hi ComcastJoe, I too have this audio problem. I have an iPad Mini, Ver 7.1.2 and TVGO Ver 2.2.1. CNN, HLN, FOX and a few other channels exhibit the audio issue; irritating enough! MSNBC, on the other hand, does not exhibit the audio issue; instead, it suffers a streaming error (11800) just about every 15 minutes or so. I have to constantly restart the stream - irritating, ya think? On the other-other hand, there are some channels, like HISTORY and NATGEO, that do not display ANY issues!

Soooo... Joe... What say you? Any ideas yet?
Terrywoods
Official Employee

Hi all,

FXX was one of the channels having this issue and so far it looks like the fix we deployed to it has worked. If testing is successful, we will deploy the fix on the rest of the channels hopefully by the end of next week.

Thank you for your patience,

Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I guess I'll wait to see how it all turns out. BTW, MSNBC has been behaving a bit better... I only have to restart the stream every 30 - 45 minutes.
Thanks
New Poster

Still messed up. Fox/Fox Business streaming impossible to watch! Funny but CNN, MSNBC, CNBC ect, no issues.
Is this Xfinity's form of censorship? Gotta owner it has been ongoing for months.
Also, why the banner screen on commercial break most of the time, then other times commercials are aired?
I'd rather have the commercial and know that the programming will resume.