Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Apps for Windows Phones

New Poster

Apps for Windows Phones

It's nice that there are new updates and new apps for iPhones and Android devices but how about expanding into the Windows phone market. Most of the apps I used in Android are available in Win8, this is one I truely miss. Any idea when they may be available?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Apps for Windows Phones

This is a user to user forum so I will give you my opinion.  Windows phone is a not a hit in the US at all neither is the tablet version of windows 8 or windows 8 at all, microsoft itself is struggling right now.   That is the primary reason why there are no apps for that phone, there are no new apps for blackberry either for exactly the same reason.   Analysts are saying that unless microsoft does something they are in big trouble.  Why would a company put resources twords a product that has barely any market share this is the same for blackberry and why they have no updated apps.

New Poster

And you know what they say about opinions... only this one isn't really yours, is it? Sounds to me you're regurgitating whatever you read on Yahoo Finance, or one of the biased tech blogs, or worse, Walt Mossberg.  I'm guessing you've never used a Windows Phone for more than a few seconds in a store, and that you don't use Windows 8.

Windows Phone is underrated, and has a plethora (like 150,000+ apps). At some point, the number of apps is just a number. I have a Lumia 920, btw. Changed over from the iPhone 4S, changed over from the original Nexus.

Windows RT is premature, but Windows 8 is great on touch devices, and its really opened the doors for innovation in hybrids and convertible devices. Microsoft is hardly in trouble. If anything, they're the most interesting company is technology right now.

Try things yourself, and form your own real opinions.

Frequent Visitor

We have just released an Xfinity TV Remote application for Windows Phone.

Let us know what you think!

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/xfinity-tv-remote/eff4523d-44b9-4cd1-8de1-d6650e6768f1

Tags (2)
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation