New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Apple TV

New Poster

Apple TV

Hi, 

I currently have an apple tv which has had no problem syncing when prompted to enter activation codes to certain channels such as HBO go and ABC go to "verify" that I have an account with Comcast. Apple tv has recently added channels such as History, A&E, Lifetime, etc. When I go to history channel's website it lets me choose "apple tv" and gives me the activation code, but does not list comcast/xfinity or any comcast association as an option for providers. Below it says, "comcast users click here" it then prompts me to enter my comcast accout # and street address. Long story short, I enter all the needed info and it just redirects me from history.com  to comcast homepage, never giving the opportunity to enter my activation code. Has anyone else had this problem or figured out how to enter the activation code to prove to apple tv that I have an account with comcast (and that it supports history channel for apple tv)?

Thanks, B

Regular Visitor

Re: Apple TV

I am having the same problem. I contacted a Comcast agent and was advised that this service has not yet been set up by Comcast. If you go to the history.com/activate site, there are numerous providers that have enabled their customers to use this service, but apparenlty NOT Comcast.

There is NO cost to Comcast to make arrangements for its customers, and since Comcast is one of the largerst, and supposedly sophisicated, cable tv providers, it is puzzling why Comcast has not yet made arragements for its customers to take advantage of this service. This also aplies to A&E and the Lifetime channels!

I have been a long time Comcast customer, but I have found that its services have been deterioating lately, and this seems to be another good example. The rates continue to go up, while the services decline!

Regular Visitor

I wanted to publish a workaround to activate AppleTV Channels (like history channel that does not list comcast as a provider on their site)- I have tested it and it works, as of July 20th 2014.

Tested using appleTV ONLY - (I will use the history channel as an example)

1) First, login to your comcast account http://xfinity.comcast.net/

2) On the AppleTV > Select History Channel > Settings > Sign in to Provider > Note Activation Code

3) Replace the following URL with the Requester ID (Channel) and it's corresponding domain name below.

4) Go To URL In Browser

4) Wait about 10 seconds and appletv will say: "Success! Your TV Provider account has successfully linked to the HISTORY apple TV App. Happy Viewing"

https://api.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate?reg_code=REPLACE WITH ACTIVATION CODE&noflash=true&mso_id=Comcast_SSO&requestor_id=REPLACE WITH ID&domain_name=REPLACE WITH DOMAIN&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.REPLACE WITH DOMAIN%2Factivate%3Fsuccess%3Dtrue

Requester ID's        Domain Name

LIFETIME               mylifetime.com
ABC                        watchabc.go.com
HISTORY               history.com
AETV                      aetv.com

EXAMPLE

https://api.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate?reg_code=LKIMV2N&noflash=true&mso_id=Comcast_SSO&requestor_id=HISTORY&domain_name=history.com&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.history.com%2Factivate%3Fsuccess%3Dtrue

New Poster

I don't know how to do it. .the URL part...
New Poster

Well it didn't work for me!  What AppleTV ended up saying after 10seconds was "You are not authorized to see the videos"...

Tags (2)
Regular Visitor

I tried this several times - it did NOT work - any other suggestions?

Regular Visitor

I submitted the the post below post using an "O" instead of a "0" (zero) in the activation code - when corrected it worked!

keith-h wrote:

I tried this several times - it did NOT work - any other suggestions?

New Poster

I had to refresh my subscribe screen on the AppleTV and then make the attempt again immediately, and just let it sit there with no further actions - a few seconds later the process actually went thru as "successful"! However, when trying to watch one of the videos, I was again given the error message about not being authorized to watch the video... So the process works to a degree, but not a true success story.
New Poster

Last week I had no issues signing into My Lifetime, History Channel and now all of a sudden it prompts to place in an activation code where Comcast is not a listing option for the cable companies as a selection.

This is so annoying, what bothers me the most it works perfectly okay on my ipad not the apple tv. I hope they get this issued resolved soon because this is a huge headache.

Regular Contributor

Worked flawlessly for me. thanks!

New Poster

Follow the steps as your apple tv or xfinity suggests, just do it on INTERNET EXPLORER instead of CHROME browser. It worked so well - easy and quick!

New Poster

When I made my attempt, I was in Internet Explorer! The process worked fine - it's when I went to use the product (in this case; History2) that I again received the 'not authorized to view' message and not allowed to proceed...
Regular Contributor

I used chrome, no issues

New Poster

Worked perfectly - Thanks!

New Poster

Can someone walk me through walkaround to get history channels on Apple TV because they are blocked
New Poster

I am not able to activate A&E on apple tv using the method given above.

Can some please walk me through .

Here is the link I used

https://api.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate?reg_code=T04U704&noflash=true&mso_id=Comcast_SSO&requestor_id=ae&domain_name=aetv.com&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aetv.com%2Factivate%3Fdevice%3Dappletv

Also I am not sure if the requestor_id is ae

New Poster

Awesome it worked like a charm

New Poster

worked great, thanks

Contributor

Take the Apple TV gadget back to the Apple Store and ask for a full refund, telling them it won't work on Comcast properly and you'd like to buy it back when it will.  If enough take it back and demand a refund, Apple will get with Comcast, poste haste, and get all these "problems" adjudicated.  Leave your phone number with the store and ask them to call when all the channels are working properly.  Make sure you actually return it and get your money back.  This pressure increases as the blogosphere notes Apple TV doesn't work on the biggest TV provider in America and Apple brass will make sure it is properly working before trying to push it out the door, inoperative.

You complaining to Comcast is about as effective as Belize telling Russia they object to Russia invading Ukraine.  Nobody cares.  Apple has your money so they don't care, either, no matter how much of a fanboi you are.  Keep calling the Apple Store and asking if it's all fixed and you can come by to pick up another Apple TV with ALL the channels working, this time.

New Poster

It worked for me!!! I just used it

New Poster

Take the following steps as provided. 

Copy the URL in a new Browser where it says REPLACE WITH ACTIVATION you place it with Appletv activation code, the REPLACE WITH ID you place LIFETIME or ABC or HISTORY or AETV, the REPLACE WITH DOMAIN you place mylifetime.com or watchabc.go.com or history.com or aetv.com.

once you replace the following, the rest will work depending on which provider you want to watch.

New Poster

Awesome . worked for me .  History and A&E .

Thank you so much. 

New Poster

Thanks for the info! It worked for me today, now for a Pawn Stars marathon :-)

New Poster

I had the same problems with using certian channels like Lifetime and my Apple TV. I'm not the most tech savvy and it took me a few times to read your reponse and figure out that I needed to copy your Example at the bottom then just replace my code with the code you used as an exmple (LKIMV2N) and then insert MYLIFETIME and mylifetime.com where your example lists HISTORY and history.com.

It worked perfectly! Thank you soo much for providing this!

New Poster

This helped me understand the original post better and worked perfectly! THANKS!!!

New Poster

Worked for me. Thanks a bunch! EDITED SEP17

After a few days of using the system, I'm sad to report that we are having the same issue or very much like user Wanblu61.

I was able to activate but when I go into the History site on AppleTV, I'm unable to watch Vikings and many other shows without paying iTunes for seasonal passes.

Sooooo not working yet.

Ki

New Poster

Awesome... That worked like a charm!!!

New Poster

requestor_id is aetv  not ae.  do that, with your new activation code, and you should be good.

cheers!

New Poster

Awesome, thanks dude!

I will say, it took me a few times to get it right.  For the non-saavy folks out there, there are 4 steps:

1.  copy and paste the url into a browser

2.  replace the activation code (all caps only) with your activation code

3.  replace the requestor id (all caps only) with the one on the list above assigning your activation code

4.  do #3 again later down the url....after the www one.

key: just replace the all caps only and you'll be good to go.  i did this on comcast appletv on 9/26/2014.

New Poster

A&E ID is AETV

New Poster

This also worked by replacing appletv with xbox360 in the url

New Poster

Bravo SethClakins,

Thank you very much for your gift of this work around, It works like a charm!

I spent 1:20 on chat with comcast/xfinity on how to get ShowtimeAnytime activated after experiencing maddening software glitches on the website, I was escalted FIVE times to different (presumably more able) representitives, only to be told I needed to call a "special "number so a diferent "team" could assist me. 

I felt a very deep pain in my gut when I relaized this morning that A&E activation would not work for Comcast/Xfinity as there was no option for them as a cable provider on their activation page. Your work-around saved me a tremendous amount of agrivation and I'm sure it saved a copious amount of time spent with under-trained Comcast/Xfininty service representitives. 

I long for the days when companies actually cared about customer service and rewarded long time loyal customers for their loyality by respectiing their time and actually offering immediate assistance that was helpful. 

Why do you think Comcast/Xfinity has not yet developed a very simple web interface whare you can go to just check off the activations you would like to recieve and are entitiled to for your tablet or phone or Apple TV or Xbox360 or similer devices? 

Seth Calkins you have my deep gratitiude. 

New Poster

DID ANYBODY GET A SCREEN THAT SAYS SC400?  ITS JUST NOT WORKING! I've tried 11 times! Help.

New Poster
New Poster

Anyone get this to work for FYITV&domain have used https://sp.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate?reg_code=regcode&amp%3Bnoflash=true&amp%3Bmso_id=Comca... and it says success but the authenticate screen times out
New Poster

I'm getting the same thing. Any luck?

New Poster

Worked for me!   I copied the example link for the history channel and only replaced the activation code

New Poster

I couldn't get the FYI TV to work, anyone else have luck?  I just get to the same screen like all the others, but the AppleTV does not acivate.

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

trying again to provide the full url: https://api.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate?reg_code=PX5R722&noflash=true&mso_id=Comcast_SSO&requ... - try this, it worked for me.

New Poster

Worked perfectly, thanks!

New Poster

maybe it's just me, but the url address changes from the link provided:

https://api.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate?reg_code=T04U704&noflash=true&mso_id=Comcast_SSO&requestor_id=ae&domain_name=aetv.com&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aetv.com%2Factivate%3Fdevice%3Dappletv

to the following

https://sp.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate?reg_code=T04U704&noflash=true&mso_id=Comcast_SSO&reque...

and then i receive an "SC 400" message. Is there something to do with my browser perhaps? maybe security settings?

Regular Visitor

I am also getting the SC 400 error. I have tried every link here with the proper domain/link/activation for AETV, nothing is working. It used to work, they may have changed the link format again?

New Poster

Same here, the link has changed and doesnt work.

New Poster

i tried 10 time on 4 different computers and 2 ipads it did not work at all kept getting SC_400 error code

also got 404 web page 

any more idea's peeps

New Poster

Man you deserve an award. Thanks

New Poster

Can someone do write out a URL specifically for lifetime? I got history to work somehow after recieving the sc400 error a million times but lifetime will not work.

New Poster

I'm confused... When it says list your provider what are you putting in?