Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

App says DVR is full and not working properly

New Poster

App says DVR is full and not working properly

My TV Remote app says my DVR is full at 100%, but in reality it's only 33% full.  I cannot record from the app or change channels from the app.  It lists several old programs that we have since deleted from our DVR and won't seem to sync properly or update.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Cable Expert

Re: App says DVR is full and not working properly

Many times a power cycle of the DVR clears up issues like this, unplug the AC power for a minute, then power it up again and test in 10 minutes.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the exact same problem. It appears that something changed on 8/13/14 that broke the app's ability to communicate/sync with my DVR. I am using an iPad, ios7' dvr=dct6416 III. Worked fine for years, now the app is junk. I can't change channels or set recordings from the app. I've power cycled everything and did an app delete+reinstall, no luck. Comcast chat support had no answers for me.

I'm in NJ.
Regular Contributor

If you are still experiencing this issue, can you direct message me with your Comcast ID, any applicable screenshots, what app & app version you are using, as well as your device and device OS version?  Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation