New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

App and Website both fail to playback: Error 106000

Contributor

App and Website both fail to playback: Error 106000

Hi,

Every night for the last 8 days, at least once but normally multiple times a night, all of my recordings refuse to play.

The error depends upon the platform, but it affects all platforms and the various apps. Android tablet, iOS tablet, iOS desktop, Windows desktop are all failing with error 106000, though the desktops (using xtv.Comcast.net) fail with a 900.primetime.106000.  The tablets fail with "unspecified error 106000."

I call and the person wants to help, but they say the problem is in the X1 and want to replace it.  Yet, my X1 plays fine.  My issue is simple:  I NEED TO USE THE APP / website.  Why?  It shouldn't matter why, but sure . . .  There are two main reasons I use the website and the app.  They are:

1. I am not home.  I'm in the hospital or a hotel room.
  2. I have cataracts and can only see about 4 to 6 inches from my face clearly.  We have a 70" TV and at 5" (average), well, I'm too close to watch the TV.  Thus I need a smaller screen such as a tablet or laptop/desktop.

While I had 1 of 2 cataract surgeries, my distance vision isn't working yet I'm still using the tablet / laptop.  Yet even once my eyes work, I will still be traveling and thus not home to use the X1.  The cloud is important!

Having to call and be on hold for hours, while they try to fix the issue (normally unsuccessfully) AND pay over $320/month is, well, not good.

I like my cable, but I am NOT A SETTLER!  I want this all to work and without my having to call twice and more per night!

One thing I did notice in all of this:

I'm at the end of the line for Northern Chicago.  (Someone has to be at the end of the line and a line tech told me it was me.)  The Chicago techs will get my signal levels back to be nominal, but within a 2 weeks or so they fall out of spec.  This has been going on since 2013 and TYPICALLY ONLY OCCURS AT NIGHT!  During the day the signals are acceptable, but at night according to Watch Tower they go in the room of necessity's throne. 

Problem Solver

Re: App and Website both fail to playback: Error 106000

Hello BMoshier,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Upon review of your account I am showing this issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation