Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Anyplay update

Frequent Visitor

Anyplay update

I'm in PA when will anyplay be available, and what is a realistic run down of the functionality? I've read the hype but also have seen a lot of issues, plus have seen there are additional charges. So when it is available I will have to pay extra while Comcast works out the problem? Sounds great!!!

Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: Anyplay update

I don't feel the AnyPlay has any major issues, mine works great.  It was $10 a month and just went up to $11, which I don't feel is worth it.

It is available in many Motorola equipped area's.  There is no listing available from Comcast on specific area's.

It streams live TV inside the home network, both SD and HD linear channels to one tablet at a time, since the AnyPlay device only has one tuner.

As a general update, in addition to all iPads running iOS 4,3 or later, the following Android devices (running Honeycomb or ICS OS) are compatible with AnyPlay:

• Motorola Xoom 
• Motorola Xoom2 
• Samsung Galaxy 1800 
• Samsung Galaxy 10.1 
• Samsung Galaxy 8.9 
• Samsung Galaxy 7

This was the availability list from the July rollout, there's been no posts of any other area's since.

Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah and Washington.

You are welcome to email to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and they can get you a date for your specific area.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation