Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Anyplay device will not activate...

New Poster

Anyplay device will not activate...

I ordered an anyplay device, and received it in Thursday.   Since then I have been on with MANY different reps trying to get this to activate.  None of them even seem to know what Anyplay is. Needless to say I still have not been able to get it activated. 

I have went to www.comcast.com/activate...   Nothing.   Called the activation toll free number...  Nothing.   Called in and had tickets opened...  No call backs.   Talked to comcast  chat... Nothing.  

I can get a channel listing on my app, but video and sound provide me with an error  that says my device needs to be activated.   I have also gone into the diagnostics of the device and it says that "the frontend streamer needs to be activated.  

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! 

Official Employee

Re: Anyplay device will not activate...

Nottposse wrote:

I ordered an anyplay device, and received it in Thursday.   Since then I have been on with MANY different reps trying to get this to activate.  None of them even seem to know what Anyplay is. Needless to say I still have not been able to get it activated. 

I have went to www.comcast.com/activate...   Nothing.   Called the activation toll free number...  Nothing.   Called in and had tickets opened...  No call backs.   Talked to comcast  chat... Nothing.  

I can get a channel listing on my app, but video and sound provide me with an error  that says my device needs to be activated.   I have also gone into the diagnostics of the device and it says that "the frontend streamer needs to be activated.  

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! 

Apologies for this problem. I do see an open ticket on your account that is being worked. I escalated that ticket this morning. We will get this working for you, thanks for your patience.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have the same problem and cannot get any help from anybody at comcast.  I received my anyplay device in the mail on Tuesday, I hooked it up on Wednesday and it will not work.  The power button blinks continuously and that's it.  None of the other lights light up or come.  I sepnt 2 hours on Wednesday with Comcast on the phone and nobody knew what anyplay was.  On Thursday I called back and went through 7 different reps before I got to someone who had even heard of anyplay.  They had me check connections, do a power cycle and wait 20 minutes.  Didn't work.  Power light still blinks.  Then they had me press the reset button on the back for 30 seconds and then release.  After doing that the lights on the front would all blink one at a time.  None of them ever become solid and they never blinked at the same time, just one at a time.  Rep said to wait 30 minutes and call back if nothign changes.  I called back becuase nothing changed and they said they would escalate the issue to an engineer who would call me in 24 hours.  It's been 24 hours and I have nothing.  Can somebody out there please fix this!

New Poster

OMG 7 REPS non of them knew what anyplay was!

i am trying to activate

are you kidding!

I paid for overnight service to get it, 3 hrs later nothing , and your reps don'd even know what it is!

is this Comcast or Radioshack????

New Poster

I am having the exact same problem.  I have been on the phone all day with xfinity sevice and no one seems to understand what anyplay device is.  

I just want to use my iPad.  

Official Employee

When you get it to work, you'll wonder why you wasted so much time on it.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon