Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Anyplay device is here!! But not working

New Poster

Anyplay device is here!! But not working

Flashing power light I went through the whole textbook procedure... Plugging it in (coax Ethernet power) Then activating...still nothing A scan of the subnet shows it doesn't have an IP address (it's getting a 169.254 address) Anyone seen this before? Steve
Cable Expert

Re: Anyplay device is here!! But not working

There's been no threads on the AnyPlay since it's so new.

Please explain about your line on "coax, ethernet, power", since I am under the impression there is no coax connection, it just plugs into your home router ethernet port.  If it's ethernet port is connected to the router's ethernet port, it certainly should be picking up a local IP address.  And since it's still blinking, you then attempted a reset of the device by pressing it's reset button, right?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

It has sd card slot USB Ethernet Mcard slot Coax 3.5 mm serial And 12v power connections I plugged in Ethernet, coax, and power And yes I hit reset
Cable Expert

If you still can't get a IP from the router, then only Comcast support can get you up and running, and I suggest calling during the day, and not off hours.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

Do you have one of these? The kit comes with two coax cables and a splitter... It's quite clear in the instructions that you should plug in the coax.. http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Video-Solutions/Products/Convergence-CPE/MOTOROLA-TELEVATION/_Do... Here's a link so you can see the device Sb
Cable Expert

Got it, early notes to us said different, so I change what I said.  Thanks.

Better call it in.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

I'm on the phone too Just trying to spread out the call for help and see who answers first Smiley Happy Going on 2 hours with Comcast phone support
Cable Expert

Good luck to you.

If you can't get anywhere, post back, it can be escalated.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

I live in the Denver area and have been using Anyplay since it was released to my market. The only issue I had was installation. I installed it and had the same issue as the op. It honestly took at least 30 calls over a week to tech support before someone finally knew what I was talking about , and recognized that anyplay only works with a DOCSIS 3 modem and for some reason when I initially had my service installed the installer had set up a DOCSIS 2 modem. Of course a swap out of modems resolved the problem, made my Internet as fast as what I was supposed to get and required a very concerning email on my part to Comcast wondering why I didn't get what I was paying for. Long story short everything works now.
Official Employee

IMPORTANT UPDATE for our AnyPlay customers in Denver and Nashville: 

The AnyPlay feature (live TV streaming) is currently unavailable for Apple iPad users.  Comcast is working to resolve the issue in the next few days with a fix available  in the 1.10.3 version of the  XFINITY TV App.  This notice will be updated when the new app is available in the Apple iTunes App Store.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our AnyPlay customers.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Well....a few days has past....any idea when 1.10.3 will be available?
Official Employee

Re: Anyplay device is here!!

Cookinco wrote:
Well....a few days has past....any idea when 1.10.3 will be available?

Apologies for this unusual issue.

As an update, we submitted the final app update to Apple last week and we are waiting for their review and approval.

We expect that it should be available very soon. As soon as we get approval from Apple, I can post that information here. Apologies again for the delay and thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Doesnt work - danger - DO NOT BUY.  11 support calls, 7 hours and 3 weeks total time later... still fail.

I'm in chicago market, rolled out here 3 weeks ago.

Comcast service sent me to a store to get anyplay device... they sent me home, never heard of it.

Finally got it ordered after 3 support calls.

Device came, hooked it up, power and cs/ds lights flashing (as expected)... not activated.

Went to comcast.com/activate to activate, it saw it, tried to activate, failed.

5 support calls later, turns out there's an open order on my account, 4 different people couldnt help, one even hung up on me.

Finally got one who closed it in 3 minutes.

Then I activated it, fine... and it dropped my internet.  Had to re-activate that.  Dropped my cable... reactivate that... ok, cabletv, internet and anyplay media streamer all activated.

Ipad app and iphone app, XFinityTV, v1.12.x, doesnt see it, no option in settings to "Enable AnyPlay".

I have a docsys 3.0 compatible modem, a WNDR3400 from motorola.

The anyplay device has an ip on my subnet, I tried ipad on two separate wireless networks that my router can generate (2.4ghz 802.11g and a 5ghz 802.11n). No change, app doesnt find anyplay.  No idea what its using for discovery... multicast? talking to comcast.com? 

On hold again now, I would have cancelled a LONG time ago but comcast has a monopoly in my subdivision, so stuck with them. 

SlingBox works MUCH BETTER... in that, it works.  My parents have one, I set it up for them.  So I'm cancelling service, using 4g for internet, no cable, and if and when I get tv service again using a slingbox to watch live on my ipad.... if they cant fix it by the time I'm done eating lunch waiting on hold. Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

I'm having these exact same problems. Got the device. Seemed very easy to set up. Went to activate online and got a vague error message saying to call Comcast. At least 3 hours worth of calls and no one know anything. Anyone have any advice or know how to get in touch with a human who speaks fluent English, actually knows something and could help me? Thanks.