Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Anyone else having issues scrolling the flash pages?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Anyone else having issues scrolling the flash pages?

Can't scroll flash based pages with a scroll wheel on Firefox (perhaps other browsers as well but I haven't checked yet). Anyone else seeing this issue?

Accepted Solution

Re: Anyone else having issues scrolling the flash pages?

Well now. Whatever was causing the issue is suddenly gone.

GREMLINS!!!! Cat LOL

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

RiversideRepeat wrote:

Can't scroll flash based pages with a scroll wheel on Firefox (perhaps other browsers as well but I haven't checked yet). Anyone else seeing this issue?

What flash page are you having trouble with? Supply address please

Frequent Visitor

All of them on xfinity.com Any page using flash. If you want an example (I'm not going to list every one of them), TV listings for example. If you can scroll that with a scroll wheel, you won't have any problems with any of the others. I've already reported the issue through the Feedback channel. I'm only posting it here so that others having the same issue can add their voices and draw some attention to the issue.

Just tested in Chrome and no issues. Seems to be an issue with Firefox possibly.

Bronze Problem Solver

RiversideRepeat wrote:

All of them on xfinity.com Any page using flash. If you want an example (I'm not going to list every one of them), TV listings for example. If you can scroll that with a scroll wheel, you won't have any problems with any of the others. I've already reported the issue through the Feedback channel. I'm only posting it here so that others having the same issue can add their voices and draw some attention to the issue.

Just tested in Chrome and no issues. Seems to be an issue with Firefox possibly.

The listing page of xf doesn't use flash for the website, just for the Adobe DRM that requires flash. I use the scroll wheel on the listing page.

You might find a solution in here:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=WTplWq2xLYzKsQWt4YzoDA&q=scroll+wheel+not+working+in+fire...

Best solution seems to be here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1175027

Frequent Visitor

Well now. Whatever was causing the issue is suddenly gone.

GREMLINS!!!! Cat LOL

Frequent Visitor

mvenanzi wrote:

RiversideRepeat wrote:

The listing page of xf doesn't use flash for the website, just for the Adobe DRM that requires flash.

Perhaps, but the pages will not load without flash enabled and it was only those pages that would not scroll. Anyway the point is moot now since the issue seems to have cleared itself up. I actually think it had something to do with the Logitec mouse I bought recently. The reason I think this is because I unplugged the reciever for it momentarily to see if my trackpad might be able to scroll. Later the mouse wheel worked fine. It is possible the software reset when it was unplugged. The wheel on this mouse does behave strangely in some browsers if the software is not installed so it is possible it reset and fixed itself. Either that or something was updated on the site. Who knows? Whatever happened it's fine now.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation