Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Anyone else have an issue with watching TV/Movies and have Chrome and Flash issues?

Frequent Visitor

Anyone else have an issue with watching TV/Movies and have Chrome and Flash issues?

Whenever I go to watch TV or movies on the internet with my Chrome browser I get a message saying I don't have the updated Flash version. The thing is, I do have it - I've downloaded it like 5 times, and have the most recent version of Chrome as well. When I go to the Flash download site, there is a test there that will let you know if you have the most up to date version of flash on your PC - an animated view of a tree with leaves, leaves falling, leaves in the wind - I do, the Adobe site says I am up to date. Chrome is up to date. But no matter what I do, I get that stupid message and can't watch anything unless I use Edge as my browser on Windows 10. I do all of my internet browsing with Chrome, and do not want to switch because Comcast/Infinity has a problem. I went to several forums on the web and this seems to be a wide spread problem. But I don't see anything about it in this forum - am I the only one? Does anyone have a work around? I read that someone deleted all of their cookies and that worked - I tried it, and it didn't work for me. And again, everything works just fine using Edge as my browser on my Windows 10 PC.

Comcast - do you have a fix for this? I hate calling the help line because the people who answer are not techs, they are call loggers, and I've explained this problem more times than I want to, and refuse to do it again, only to be told someone will call me and not get a call. 

Comcast/xfinity - get your gear together and fix this issue! I'm not the only one who is a die hard Chrome browser fan!

Service Expert

Re: Anyone else have an issue with watching TV/Movies and have Chrome and Flash issues?

Try this:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Xfinity-Stream-Live-TV-On-Demand-no-longer-works...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation