Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Any 4000 errors from 10/20/11-10/21/11 please come here for more information.

Official Employee

Any 4000 errors from 10/20/11-10/21/11 please come here for more information.

Hi all,

Around 8:30 PM EST on 10/20/11 we started experiencing some video issues on our end.

You may have received an Error 4007, 4013, 4001, 4014, or a similar type of error message.

Videos should now be working but we are still monitoring this situation.

If you had video issues last night but they are now working, please let us know. Still getting error messages? Let us know that also.

I will update you when I learn more.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your feedback,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Error 4002 on new iPad 2

Just purchased a new iPad 2. Downloaded and installed Xfinity TV from the App Store. When I try to play a video, I get Error 4002
Tags (1)
New Poster

This video cannot be played. Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 4007)

I am trying to watch an episode of game of Thrones online. During authentication the following message pops up; This video cannot be played. Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 4007) I restarted my browser, cleared cookies and cache. Still doesn't work.  I tried other content too seems to be all HBO content. Regular non-subscription shows work.

New Poster

Re: This video cannot be played. Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 4

I'm having the same issue.  All subscription movies and shows, like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, etc. aren't working.  I've also tried restarting and clearing cache and cookies.

New Poster

Re: This video cannot be played. Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 4

I'm getting that same error message when I try to watch "The big Bang Theory".   I have had no trouble using this feature at home and this week I am traveling and it worked last night...but tonight, I get error message #4007 - go figure!!!!   whats the problem? Comcast???

New Poster

so anyone tried calling comcast? looks like some outtage? i was in the middle of a show when i saw this message. not cool ...

Regular Visitor

Error 4014 - HBO's Too Big to Fail

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Too-Big-to-Fail-/160286/1940099535/Too-Big-to-Fail-%28HBO%29/vid...

will not play even after clearing cookies, signing out, closing browser, opening browser, signing back in.

Regular Visitor

Re: XfinityTV.com Video Player Errors

Error 4014 - HBO's Too Big to Fail

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Too-Big-to-Fail-/160286/1940099535/Too-Big-to-Fail-%28HBO%29/vid...

will not play even after clearing cookies, signing out, closing browser, opening browser, signing back in.

(sorry for the double post i wanted to get this in the right place/thread)

New Poster

error message 4014

cleared cookies, reset everything, logged out, restarted computer, blah blah blah. Movie (Green Zone) will not play. It stopped in the middle of the movie and said it was not available at the moment and to try again soon.... THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. Very frustrating.

New Poster

Re: Error 4014 - HBO's Too Big to Fail

I have had same problem tonight, also with error code 4007.

Twice it has kicked me off my movie and says I need to subscribe.

different movie.

Frequent Visitor

Error Message 4007

Here is a link to a snap shot of the error message I have been getting half way between my video's....Please fix this problem!!!!

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy200/rikb631/001%20Random/Capture.jpg

New Poster

Re: XfinityTV.com Video Player Errors

This is really frustrating that these error messages keep coming up and I am doing all of the suggestions to help resolve it but to no avail Smiley Sad

New Poster

Error 4007

Like many other people, I keep getting this message. Anyway to fix this?   This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 4007)

Please check back soon.

New Poster

Error 4007 - Error 4013

Errors watching online a common occurrence - I have tried all your guesses and this happens all the time - I pay over 200 dollars a month and you cant produce a browser viewer that works consistently - latest issue Movie - Those Lovely Bones Cinemax - Error 4007 HALF WAY Through

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 4007

Getting same message (Error 4007) trying to use Xfinity "play now" with iPad all day. Please address
New Poster

I'm getting the same error message 4007!  Every time I try and watch from my computer I go through this!!! What is the permanent solution????

New Poster

I seem to be having the same issues everyone else is having  Error 4007.  I'm so glad we pay in advance to use this.

New Poster

Same problem impossible to play a video on the iPad, please fix this quickly!
New Poster

Re: Error 4007 - Error 4013

I am having the same problem. This is very frustrating. I tried all the fixes offered but none worked.

New Poster

Re: Error 4007 - Error 4013

does anyone ever read these things? two weeks ago I kept getting another error message, now it is 4007. I don't get it...........

Frequent Visitor

Re: Any 4000 errors from 10/20/11-10/21/11 please come here for more information.

Error 4007 resolved early am of 10/21.