Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Posted by
Contributor

Message 401 of 2,190

Did it occur to Comcast that they should have worked the bugs out first and when the site was fully designed with minimal disruptions then they could have switched?  Were any of us who watch online allowed to take a survey of what was right about the previous format so that they could know what works?   What we have here is a half baked roll out of a subpar website, riddled with issues that have disrupted peoples ability to continue watching content on what ever platform they choose.  The very VERY least they could have done was to offer the previous design while they "worked" on this change.  Now they again have dropped the ball, caused MUCH frustration and anger, obviously cannot deal with the customer complaints/concerns/loss of access, and their customer service which we all know is a joke just collapses under it's own incompetence.  Who heads this up, because their performance review should reflect this idioc y, and someone who understands complex issues and can make appropriate decisions should be put in place.  And they wonder why so many people, former and current customers, have such a low opinion of them and their service. 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 402 of 2,190

No.. this new site stinks...  the old was great...  you can't see what aired the night before.. you can't find jack.. and  you can't move fhrough 

seemlessly..  it's all kinds of terrible... but i'm sure nobody is really looking at this feedback that can make any changes so we're stuck with this garbage

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 403 of 2,190

exactly..  the new set up stinks !!!!!  they need to go back to the old...  i can't find my watched list.. or the way it would shows you "shows that aired" the night before..  or anything really..  it's horrible

Posted by
Visitor

Message 404 of 2,190

exactly..  the new set up stinks   they need to go back to the old...  i can't find my watched list.. or the way it would shows you "shows that aired" the night before..  or anything really..  it's horrible

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 405 of 2,190
Posted by
Visitor

Message 406 of 2,190

this update is RIDICULOUS!!! Another example of this company not giving a dam about what the customers actually want. this platform is broken, and it radically limits the viewing capabilities that customers had on the other website.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 407 of 2,190

from all the comments i'm reading.. NOBODY likes the new webpage.. you  can't manage your DVR.. It doesnt show your watchlist or show you something that aired the previous night.. like i may forget about something that i wanted to watch..   in the old system.. you would see it pop up for example.. it would show "the voice'  aired  on Tuesday night Tv shows..   and you could click on it and watch it or click on it and set up a recording to record that series.  now you can't do anything except look at what they show and the guide.. NOT GOOD Comcast..

Posted by
Contributor

Message 408 of 2,190
You make this change and say to use the TV Remote App for the DVR features. However your TV Remote App on android is showing No Eligible TV and No DVR Present.

It worked just fine over a week ago!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 409 of 2,190

Please fix this Comcast.  This is ridiculous.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 410 of 2,190

They even got rid of the popout information with movies/shows listed.  All I can go on if I a movie looks interesting is the picture and name.  You have to click on movie info and it takes you to another page.  Who are these people at comcast that seem to not be able to design a webpage properly, understand viewer needs/habits.  Then there was the feature of going to networks and finding a channel to see what was offered as a movie/show.  So if I know a movie was on say TCM that I could not watch at the time, I could go to TCM network listing and see all movies offered for streaming. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 411 of 2,190

While at work I was able to access all networks to watch past tv shows.  What happened to be able to do this.  Also when I put in a show that for instance was on yesterday, all I get is that I am able to watch at home.  What happened to watching from any computer with internet access?  I am furious about these changes and I hope I am able to get some answers.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 412 of 2,190

Curious.....Has anyone found anything on/about the new page that you like better than the old page?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 413 of 2,190

I absolutely hate the new Xfinity TV Online portal thing... I loved it before but now nothing good has come of this, at least for me. All of the shows I want to watch say that it is only available at home and not available online, but they were shows that I always watched online. I am in college right now and our stupid university cable channels are terrible with like only news/sports channels plus mtv, so the only way I can keep up with my shows is online and it was just taken away from me. Plus, I just really don't dig the new look.. it just confuses me more. The old one was much easier for me to navigate, plus.. the updated version takes me at least five times longer on my computer to load every page than the old one did, making it more difficult just to find out a tv show description or what have you. I am not happy that this update was forced upon me; I have no choice but to either put up with it or just stop using it in general, and I am really inclined to choose the latter.

I am incredibly upset with this new version. Is there any way to get the old version back? Please?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 414 of 2,190

Translation: Your watchlist is gone, deal with it!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 415 of 2,190

Not happy.  The old listing is what I want.  It showed "New" episodes, "My channels" "My favorites", "Primetime" jump showing all 8PM-11PM at once.  Too many nice features are no longer there.Smiley Sad  Also the DVR control i terrible!  You really need to keep offerring the previous capabilities.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 416 of 2,190

New format does not allow for true full-screen viewing. That is a serious problem. And now, it takes several extra steps to get to the live TV listings. I am very disappointed.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 417 of 2,190

The new xfinity 1 online is a nightmare to go through.  I can no longer see what I have recorded or scheduled to record.  I can not search for something to record.  This is a terribel mess.  It shows me things they think I should watch.  Seriously!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 418 of 2,190

BossEnjolras wrote:

I absolutely hate the new Xfinity TV Online portal thing... I loved it before but now nothing good has come of this, at least for me. All of the shows I want to watch say that it is only available at home and not available online, but they were shows that I always watched online. I am in college right now and our stupid university cable channels are terrible with like only news/sports channels plus mtv, so the only way I can keep up with my shows is online and it was just taken away from me. Plus, I just really don't dig the new look.. it just confuses me more. The old one was much easier for me to navigate, plus.. the updated version takes me at least five times longer on my computer to load every page than the old one did, making it more difficult just to find out a tv show description or what have you. I am not happy that this update was forced upon me; I have no choice but to either put up with it or just stop using it in general, and I am really inclined to choose the latter.

I am incredibly upset with this new version. Is there any way to get the old version back? Please?

Limiting away from home viewing is probably due to poeple giving their login info to friends and family that weren't comcast customers so that they could watch online.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 419 of 2,190

OK guys, brace yerselves, I'm going to say something good about the new page...

It would be neat as a stand alone ADDITION to the old page. As a replacement, it is a steaming pile!

Speedy, AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed and "That fat, old, balding, grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League - CIO, Secretary & Treasurer
USN-DAV, NRA Life Member, LSA Member
I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `Nuff said.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 420 of 2,190

Where is the Watch List?

Who made the bone head decision to go live with this ridiculous, poorly designed new site?  

• Deleting everyone's watchlist,
  • Deleting the search tools that made finding shows easier,
  • No filters for channels, genre etc in search,
  • Giant panels of useless graphics that only show about 2 hours of content at a time, 
  • The only thing under 'Saved' in menu is 'Purchases' - Comcast xfinity priorities and greed are obvious.
  • The site before was slow and clunky; this one even slower, some pages take longer than a minute.

So, you decided to go with smartest-guy-in-the-room engineers that think UX is no big deal?  Or worse, a know-it-all VP of marketing?

AAAAARRRGH!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 421 of 2,190

This maybe a dumb idea but for those who are now having problems not being able to use their rented DVR due to the device not being compatible with the new webpage, do an on line chat and copy and paste as you go with Comcast asking for a replacement DVR that will work. Request that you are credited for loss of use of your service and also request a refund for any rental fees starting from 9/26/2016 till you receive a new DVR that will work with the new web page and you have confirmed it does work as the end of the crediting period. .Take your now unusable DVR to comcast store for the exchange and get a receipt. If you can’t go to the store have them ship a new one free of charge and send the old unit back to them at their expense (someone will have to be there to sign for package). If no newer compatible DVRs are available then comcast should continue to credit your account for the loss of service. Make sure you follow up and if you see new charges on your bill chat at them again and get the credits they owe you for the change they made that caused the problem with your service.   

Posted by
Visitor

Message 422 of 2,190

AMEN!!!!  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 423 of 2,190

What have you DONE to your website? I like to manage my recordings on-line, and it has been fairly simple. A couple days ago I trimmed things so my DVR was only 41% full, but apparently you have changed the interface drastically since then, and now it is showing my DVR only 18% full. I freaked out when I saw this, so I turned on the TV and was relieved to see all the programs are still there, but can you please explain why ALL my recordings don't appear? Also, what happened to all my "favorite channels" in the TV listings????? At first I thought the website change simply cleared my favorites, but I don't see a way to assign new favorites in the new interface. I am very upset about this change, and if it isn't resolved soon, it is SO bad in my opinion that I may be canceling my service!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 424 of 2,190

Comcast has outdone itself in horrible interface for tv listings. Impossible to plan a viewing and recording list. How can a major media company be this bad?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 425 of 2,190

Very disappointed that the new interface requires flash.  And when I did connect on a computer that had flash was diappointed that the prime time button was gone.  Another example of how purpotive improvements result in a less satisfying experience.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 426 of 2,190

No kidding!!!  I used to tell people how easy it was to check the TV listings on the Comcast website,  just takes a minute while checking your email I would say.  NOT ANY MORE!!  Now you are forcing me to connect to the Xfinity entertainment experience?  & the TV Guide is an absolute disaster.  I don't want theXfinity entertainment experience.  Remedy this as quick as possible.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 427 of 2,190

SnowTao2 wrote:

Did NO ONE  at Comcast think to ASK their customers what they wanted in a guide?!  How they USE the guide, what suits them, how it  should work?!  This "new improved" (NOT!) version is horribly slow and I can't find my favorites (why in the HE__ does Comcast think I want to have to wade through 100-plus channels I DO NOT WATCH to find the few I do!?)    I DON'T use a mobile device, I don't WANT to use a mobile device, I don't WANT to 'carry my tv with me. I want to have a quick guide that lets me see the programs I WANT to watch on my TV!

Like all Comcast customers I've put with a helluva lot of stupid bad decisions and high prices -- and the JUST KEEP GETTING WORSE!

WHY do you NEVER ask what your customers WANT?

Gonna have to look for another TV source -- or maybe it's time to finish cutting the cable!

All too many companies are getting lazy (or is it hubris?) and think they'll chop up their working web page and stuff it into a tiny telephone screen.

A phone is not a computer.  A computer is not a phone.  (And, by the way, neither one is a television.)

Hey guys, people DO NOT WANT a uniform experience across all devices when that means just sticking to the least-common-denominator.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 428 of 2,190

This new "GO" app for web viewing is nonsense.

For weeks I could click "No, Thank you" to the trial of the new interface, now it's forced on us.

The interface is so so slow, and relies on flash.. flash really?

I can't even view listings now without flash. I can only view maybe 8 episodes in the list, where before I could do 30. There is even less information on screen, and it takes up more of my screen. I could quickly hide (with the key) shows I don't have access to; and this whole screen extra large black interface is just garbage.

I understand they are trying to merge their customer experience to be uniform across all platforms, but if we wanted a tablet interface on your PCs, we just use an app emulator.

You need to revert this UI change imminently, as it's current state is barely usable.

ALSO you NEED to educate your representatives, because many of us have called support to ask what is going on?, I said No, Thank you to the interface change, and they have no idea what we're talking about. I even called and said Xfinity on Demand, and once I had an agent on the phone, I ask for someone very knowledgeable with your on demand web interface. Needless to say I got no where with two agents, and they never called me back as one said they would.

I didn't even know there were forums to any of this stuff, I just stumbled on it when the "feedback" side bar appeared.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 429 of 2,190

I used to be able to filter the programs on a number of different attributes (HD, sports/news/movies, favorites) so that I could narrow down the selections to those channels that are of interest to me (and leave out all the rest I have no interest in).  With the recent "upgrade" of the UI I don't appear to have a way to focus at the same level.  All I can find is a way to filter for HD.  Where did the rest of the filters go?  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 430 of 2,190

This will be of little consolation to those of us not happy with this mess; but the only real option is to move off Comcast, but the reality is not many can do that as there are few others available, like myself, and Comcast knows that.  Verizon FIOS has yet to make an appearance here.  I live in a location without a clear view of the satellites, which kills that option.  I am tempted to get a newer antenna and stream the rest from the PC. Its got to be better than this mess with its ridiculous pricing. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 431 of 2,190

As of yesterday I can't even access the older xfinity online.  Earlier this summer I had access to the updated version but it eventually stoppped letting me and gave me error 11700.  As of yesterday I have access to neither.  I chatted with customer rep and was told website would be updated in 2 hrs.  That was 8 pm last night, which i knew was load of poo.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 432 of 2,190

I am getting an antenna TV and will not be watching streaming from comcast anymore.  While there is cable TV service in my houshold I do not have a cable box and was using the streaming to watch.  I will now just watch episodic shows on atenna.  NO MORE SERIALIZED SHOWS AND NO MORE COMCAST STREAMING!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 433 of 2,190

@Pharrell

"I can't even log into the new website Tv on firefox."

That is my problem too since yesterday.  I managed to get it to work in IE, but I don't use IE, I use Firefox and this is quite annoying.  I have made mention of this issue in my own threads and through replies in others.  No word on how to fix this, but try IE if you are desperate. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations, you've have started 5 topics! Your communication brings an abundance of information to the community!

Message 434 of 2,190

How do I get the old TV Listings on the Comcast/Xfinity website back?

They are now with a black background, there are no channel numbers, etc.

I don't have X1, just plain old Comcast TV and Internet.

Pete

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 435 of 2,190

errolj wrote:

I can not even sign in to the new Listings page on my Mac Pro with Mac OS 10!!!  After waiting for over 30 sec for the "Now connecting..." to actually connect, I get dumped back to the plain sign in page or the On Demand sign in page.  And WHY do I have to sign in, AGAIN, especially when I am already signed in on the my.xfinity page and on the xfinity connect email page (which shows me signed in as Guest, but that's a whole other frustrating pain in the A.. issue that has not been fixed) ?

Can we use the old listings page until Comcast gets this new portal fixed/fully implemented?  To whom do we send requests for the previous listings to be reinstated?

After wasting hours trying to figure out why Safari 10.0 was locked into a continuous loop trying to sign in to the new Xfinity TV web portal, by trial and error (by the way, I'm retired and I can't begin to state how much I hate doing other people's bug testing!!!!!!!!!!!) I eventually discovered the "Cookies and website data" preference was preventing the Xfinity TV web portal from creating a cookie to save a name for this device!!!  Safari has 4 options for "Cookies and website data"; "Always block", "Allow from current website only", "Allow from websites I visit", and "Allows allow".  The Xfinity TV web portal will only work with the 2 least secure options, "Allow from websites I visit", and "Allows allow".  I previously had "Allow from current website only" selected.  This was never an isssue with the previous tv listings page.  Now, in order to use this new web portal, I must make my system less secure and make it more vulnerable to malicious software and websites.  Thanks for nothing, Comcast!

Comcast, you can save your customers a lot of frustration if some sort of error message is displayed when one of your processes fails, instead of just restarting the procedure.  Or, since this is a new portal you are forcing everyone to use, at least have the minimum system requirements on the default page, or a prominently placed link to the system requirements.  And speaking of system requirements, it would be helpful if the requirements stated something more detailed/helpful than "Cookies enabled".  Especially when the system you are supposedly supporting has multiple options and your software only works with specific selections.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 436 of 2,190

I can't log in on firefox or IE, keep getting error IE.  I can log in on the website but not xfinity tv.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 437 of 2,190

I totally agree. The new TV guide is to slow and does not offer the same things the old layout did. You cannot tell if a program is new or a rerun without clicking on it and the is not a Primetime button to take directly to the primetime listing. Very poor layout.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 438 of 2,190

cfourkays wrote:

How do I get the old TV Listings on the Comcast/Xfinity website back?

They are now with a black background, there are no channel numbers, etc.

I don't have X1, just plain old Comcast TV and Internet.

Pete

Sorry, but old page has been replaced. See compliants here:

Posted by
Visitor

Message 439 of 2,190

I totally agree with going back to the OLD VERSION. Now that they have implemented a poor new version they will probably up the cost we pay them for doing stupid things.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 440 of 2,190

The advanced set recording options are gone as well. Used to be able to set start early, end late, and other options when setting a recoding. Those options are gone now.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 441 of 2,190

I couldn't say it better myself. I totaly agree!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 442 of 2,190
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 443 of 2,190

Bravo to Comcast for jamming all the negative feedback into one thread, making it virtually impossible to try to follow any single persons train of thought when replying to another user. If a user didn't quote the person they were sending a reply, then their response becomes just noise in this 400+ (and growing) message disaster.  I guess it doesn't really matter too much though, since I believe there was not 1 single positive thing said about the "merging" of the TV Go website with the Xfinity TV portal. I use the term merging lightly though, since most of the useful functionality of the TV GO Website was stripped away (watchlist, favorite channels, extended TV Guide viewing hours, programs marked as new without having to click, etc, etc, etc)

I also quoted the original message of this thread to call out some of the laughable things mentioned. Maybe Comcast should have tried to "create the best digital customer experience" prior to shutting down the Xfinity TV Go website, instead of doing that after the fact. Maybe Comcast should of created "a more robust Watchlist experience for the online portal" prior to shutting down the Xfinity TV Go website, instead of doing that also after the fact.

Also, you want your users to "use our Xfinity TV Remote app to control your TV right from your mobile device".  Isn't there already an app for the TV portal? Oh that's right it's called the Xfinity TV app, and it already lets me "search for listings, browse thousands of On Demand titles, and schedule DVR recordings whether you're at home or on the go". Of course, it is horrible for scheduling recordings since I can't set favorites in it, can only view a maximum of 2 hours at time (only 1 hour viewable on my phone, and it won't show me if a program is new or repeat unless I click it.

Maybe, you need to combine the good stuff from the Xfinity TV Remote with the Xfinity TV app, and save your users from having to download extra apps that sort of do the same thing.

Looking forward to the continued updates that were promised in the quoted message.  Hope we don't have to wait too long.

ComcastFrancisc wrote:

As we work to create the best digital customer experience, all of the programming from our Xfinity TV Go website is now part of the Xfinity TV online portal (xfinity.com/watch), giving customers one place to watch TV and movies (including purchased content) whether they are at home or on-the-go.  

While we work to create a more robust Watchlist experience for the online portal, we encourage you to use our Xfinity TV Remote app to control your TV right from your mobile device. You can search for listings, browse thousands of On Demand titles, and schedule DVR recordings whether you're at home or on the go.

Please continue to discuss any questions or concerns that you might have below, by keeping it under one thread it will be easier to provide feedback. We will continue to update this thread in the future with more information.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 444 of 2,190

This new TV schedule stinks.  How can I get the previous one back?  This one doesn't allow me to select only the channels I'm likely to watch and isn't as easily manipulated.  Sometimes things AREN'T an improvement!!!!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 445 of 2,190

Where did the favorites go?  They appear on my iPad and my phone, but not on my PC when I use TV Go.

Where are they?  You also cannot get to "Primetime" quickly.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 446 of 2,190

So nothing new here to address out issues?

sp.jpg
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 447 of 2,190

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 448 of 2,190

Good question. I just contacted support about my DVR functionality and they responded "We are having a technical issue. Is there anythingelse I can assist you with?" 

I responded "This technical issue was avoidable and you haven't assisted me."

Really though. The beta page could have stayed beta until the bugs were worked out. Now you're wasting OUR time Comcast. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 449 of 2,190

Everyone outside of comcast of course feels the new page is useless. Every useful feature of the old page is gone or twisted into something that makes no sense.

See all the complaints here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 450 of 2,190

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Bravo to Comcast for jamming all the negative feedback into one thread, making it virtually impossible to try to follow any single persons train of thought when replying to another user.

Just like what they did to the old tv listings page - take something useful and make it useless.........