Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Posted by
Contributor

Message 351 of 2,190

And Comcast support remains silent...  Sooo typical.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 352 of 2,190

So why will this new streaming page not accept my login?  I am using firefox and before the switch I had no problem streaming on my computer.  Could you or someone at comcast, please answer why this is happening.  I can login through IE, but I do not use that browser ever. 

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 353 of 2,190

What happened to the DVR Manager and On-Line Guide on the Comcast website? When I click on my book marked links to these tools it now takes me to XFINITY TV. 

While there is a guide on XFINITY TV (on-line) it is almost totally useless when compared to the on-line guide (its also worse that the one on the TV). With the old on-line guide I could create a list of favorites for the channels I watch, I can see five hours of programming, I can see whether or not a show is new or repeat without actually clicking on the show, if I am watching my TV I can change the channel from this guide (I actually use this guide as a remote from my Kindle). With this old guide I could set all my shows for the week in 5-10 minutes... without it I'd guess it will take me an hour or more since I have to click every show to see if its a new or repeat episode.

The loss of the DVR manager also loses functionality... XFINITY TV does not have a way (that I can find) to see a list of my series recordings (priority list). Sure I can see that on the TV but the one on the DVR manager was far superior... 

Why Comcast must you always removed and takeaway many of the best tools and features of your services and website... 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 354 of 2,190

Add me to the list of people who thinks this "improvement" totally S***S! I can no longer see what I've saved, can't record remotely from the listing, can't tune to a channel through the listing (since my glorious xfinity box only works when it wants to) can't do anything with it except see what's on. Whoopie! Zap2it is wonderful except it's also only listings, but at least it's fast to load and doesn't go all wonky when it feels like it. I really wish there was another supplier in our area. Comcast yet again FAILS! 

And evidently, s * * *  s is a bad word now!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 355 of 2,190

I am logged in to the home page and my user ID name can be seen in the top right.  I then go to my email page and the user ID now reads "Hi, Guest" even though I can get my email.  When I go to stream movies, live tv, etc I get that new web page and it asks me to login.  It shows my account/email name so I enter my password, it verifies it, and then accept terms and conditions comes up for less than two seconds and then reverts back to the login page.  Why is it doing this?  Why does my email have me as  guest?  I never had a problem until this new streaming design started yesterday.  Then to top it all off, I can never get a response that addresses my issue.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 356 of 2,190

Here are my suggested alternative TV sites.

pogdesign for your monthly calendar

titantv for your scheduling

IMBd for your watchlist

Used all three for years.

ScreenShot008.jpg
ScreenShot006.jpg
ScreenShot007.jpg
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 357 of 2,190

Please change it back the new site looks good but is horrible no features at all. I want my watchlist back. I don't care what you think I should watch

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 358 of 2,190

New listing page is full of bugs. I now have page showing prime time shows at 8 AM. Not only is the page useless, the info it supplies can not be trusted.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 359 of 2,190

X1 dvr not showing in app nor on tv.xfinity.com site. I do not think it ever did. I picked up a new box over the weekend hoping it will resolve the issue. But it did not.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 360 of 2,190

The listings that the new listings page supplies is always updated correctly. I have prime time listings being displayed for 8 AM. Don't trust everything you see on the new page.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 361 of 2,190

How do you or can you even, set TitanTV to record to the DVR box at home?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 362 of 2,190

m.venanzi wrote:

New listing page is full of bugs. I now have page showing prime time shows at 8 AM. Not only is the page useless, the info it supplies can not be trusted.

Hmm.  I don't have that issue.  Have you tried a different browser?  (Not sure it makes a difference.)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 363 of 2,190

deleted

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 364 of 2,190

RobertWy wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

Hmm.  I don't have that issue.  Have you tried a different browser?  (Not sure it makes a difference.)

I scrolloed out toprime time to see what's on tonight and then when done clicked on Live tv All Listings. It brought me back to 8 AM but didn't update the listings. It's easy to get to happen. Here is 10 AM show being displayed for 8:30 AM

Posted by
Visitor

Message 365 of 2,190

I am having the same issue. Hopefully your problem gets fixed.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 366 of 2,190

nightsmusic wrote:

How do you or can you even, set TitanTV to record to the DVR box at home?

Are you asking if you can do it when you are not at your residence?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 367 of 2,190

Yours too.  If any one of us gets this fixed, please post here so that anyone else can find the answer.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 368 of 2,190

Can't duplicate it here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 369 of 2,190

I just saw the new format for the first time.

Terrible and Horrible are the nicest things I can say about it.

The last(old) way was much easier to use and navigate.

New isn't always better. I am very disappointed.

Were focus groups done? How was this tested with the end user?

Were different demagraphics used?

Frustrating doesn't even describe how difficult this new format is to use.

Bring back the last one or I'm afraid you will have a revolt to deal with.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 370 of 2,190

Did you try other browsers?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 371 of 2,190

ML123456 wrote:

X1 dvr not showing in app nor on tv.xfinity.com site. I do not think it ever did. I picked up a new box over the weekend hoping it will resolve the issue. But it did not.

What URL are you using?  My Saved recordings are on this URL:

https://tv.xfinity.com/recordings

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 372 of 2,190

Yes, I tried it on IE and I was able to login there.  However, I never use IE, I use firefox.  I have disabled addons, added comcast to the exceptions options with cookies, etc, and still nothing.  I did manage to click accept terms and conditions in the less than 2 seconds it was shown, but again it reverts back to login and I still do not understand why my email has me as a guest. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 373 of 2,190

Yes. If I see something on the listings at lunchtime at work, can I record to my home DVR by clicking that record button? That's going to be one of the biggest things I miss about the old xfinity listings, not to mention all the other horrible changes...

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 374 of 2,190

The new site is perfect IF you wanted to watch your TV on your PC. That is not what the guide was for. You were able

to easily see what was coming on, select the channel you wanted to watch and direct it the any box in the house. Can't do any

of that now. I can't even see where you can schedule a DVR recording anymore through the PC. You have to use the mobile app

to do that. Definitely a deal breaker..... Worst upgrade ever .... Not even a heads up that it was going to happen. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 375 of 2,190

mgobob................... When you find out how, let us know because I couldn't figure it out either. It was so easy with Comcast's previous tv guide. Not anymore.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 376 of 2,190

RobertWy, just because you can't duplicate the issue yourself, doesn't mean the user isn't having the issue. User gave a PERFECT example showing the problems in their grid. Consider yourself lucky it is not happening to you, but kind of useless to post that it's not.

RobertWy wrote:

Can't duplicate it here.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 377 of 2,190

hello. anyone here? why this bug comes to live tv?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 378 of 2,190

This is the type of thing that makes me want to switch to any other provider. they couldn't even give us the heads up. And yesterday, live chat just flat out lied to me. Told me nothing about this upgrade. only told me that there is maintenance going on, and try again in 2 to 3 hours and it should be working again. Which I understood as to would be working the same way as it has been prior to my live chat issue. What is so hard for them to understand that thier customers/ME want to be talked to straight and  forward. great you have maintenance/upgrades you want to put in affect. Why hide that? I left wow way. for this same Bs... I left Sprint my cell provider for the same Bs.... Over 2 years now and sprint still says you will have 4g lite in no less than a month in your area. Over 2 years now and Sprint same Bs..  Xfinity be the provider I want you to be. and  most of your customers wish you to be. AND LISTEN TO US. WHAT WE WANT AND HOW WE WANT IT. And Then We will be happy to PAY FOR THE SERVICE. Tired of Bs from customer service. tired od being misled misinformed. So frustrated with companies that treat their subscribers like garbage. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 379 of 2,190

Why Xfinity TV website takes so long time to load? is there something wrong in there system?

The old website just take 1 sec to load and now the new one takes 30 sec. I really hate html5 now-a-days.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 380 of 2,190

I've been trying to log into my acount to watch tv online, and it has me sign in then "loads" with the "Now connecting to your network experience" thing on the screen, and then reloads and goes straight back to the sign in page. Even when I sign in on the home page and not the TV page, it won't let me watch online. It says there's an error, and they can't load program details then takes me back to the homescreen.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 381 of 2,190

Why are most episode only available at Home on demand after the new update to the online tv go? I'm finding that i cant watch any of the shows that i watch.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 382 of 2,190

After being bumped around to numerous departments, here is the answer I received from their online support technician...

The XFINITY TV Go app had "bookmarks," the TV Go portal had a "Watchlist" and XFINITY X1 has "Favorites". All these features are similar in that they offer you the ability to flag the content you care about most. However, none of them worked across platforms, so you'd end up telling us the same thing in multiple places. We're currently developing the next generation of Watchlist/Favorites/Bookmarks, which will allow you to tell us once, regardless of whether you're on your TV, mobile device or online. 

In the meantime, you can use the "For You" page on the XFINITY TV mobile app and/or portal to keep up with the content you love, including recently-watched channels and On Demand content.

This site https://tv.xfinity.com/works for some already but I understand its not working for you. Since there's a ticket opened for this issue, I would recommend that you wait for a callback from our higher fix department.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 383 of 2,190

My DVR Manager is no longer available on the website.  When will this be corrected?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 384 of 2,190

The new channel guide is a royal pain.

I can't find my Favrites list and there is no way to set a recoring.

Trying to get help from Comcast/Xfinity is also a pain, a waste of time and an exercise in futility.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 385 of 2,190

I, too, was a regular user of the Watchlist feature. All of the new features are fine, but I really miss and need my Watchlist. Can I expect it to return shortly?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 386 of 2,190

The problem is not html5, but rather "outdated, unsecure, just plain crappy" Flash.

Send complaints to Tom K https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form

tesla2321 wrote:

Why Xfinity TV website takes so long time to load? is there something wrong in there system?

The old website just take 1 sec to load and now the new one takes 30 sec. I really hate html5 now-a-days.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 387 of 2,190
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 388 of 2,190

dotshake wrote:

My DVR Manager is no longer available on the website.  When will this be corrected?

With the new web page, the dvr manager is missing for some users. Call comcast and they can either fix it or determine whether your dvr is compatable. You will see that there are a lot of issues with the new page. You can see all the complaints here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/TV-Go-site-now-part-of-Xfinity-TV-Online-portal/td-p...

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 389 of 2,190

RobertWy wrote:

Can't duplicate it here.

Keep trying..... The problem doesn't always happen. I can see the problem using Edge and Firefox.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 390 of 2,190

pixiedust1107 wrote:

The new channel guide is a royal pain.

I can't find my Favrites list and there is no way to set a recoring.

Trying to get help from Comcast/Xfinity is also a pain, a waste of time and an exercise in futility.

are you using the legacy xfinity TV products or the newer X1 products?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 391 of 2,190

I know longer see my shows that have been recorded on my DVR as well as the upcoming scheduled shows on the DVR.  Where did that go?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 392 of 2,190

Previously when I went to xfinitytv.comcast.net  I was able to go to 'SAVED' and view 1) what I'd already recorded 2) schedule a recording/series recording from anywhere with internet access.  As of yesterday, that function seems to have disappeared.  When I go to  what was xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr - which was one way to get there - it redirects to tv.xfinitytv.com/recordings and 'saved' only shows 'purchases'.  

All I find in Support for non-X1 DVRs is how to set up recordings directly on the TV.

So - has this function been eliminated for non-X1 users?

How long will non-X1 DVRs continue to be supported?

Do I get a price break since function was taken away from me?  

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 393 of 2,190

Looks like yet another attempt to push everyone into X1.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 394 of 2,190

I can not even sign in to the new Listings page on my Mac Pro with Mac OS 10!!!  After waiting for over 30 sec for the "Now connecting..." to actually connect, I get dumped back to the plain sign in page or the On Demand sign in page.  And WHY do I have to sign in, AGAIN, especially when I am already signed in on the my.xfinity page and on the xfinity connect email page (which shows me signed in as Guest, but that's a whole other frustrating pain in the A.. issue that has not been fixed) ?

Can we use the old listings page until Comcast gets this new portal fixed/fully implemented?  To whom do we send requests for the previous listings to be reinstated?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 395 of 2,190

I have X1 and have this same issue.  I tried to talk with someone at Comcast, but they were clueless and not helpful at all.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 396 of 2,190

Send complaints to Tom K https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form

errolj wrote:

I can not even sign in to the new Listings page on my Mac Pro with Mac OS 10!!!  After waiting for over 30 sec for the "Now connecting..." to actually connect, I get dumped back to the plain sign in page or the On Demand sign in page.  And WHY do I have to sign in, AGAIN, especially when I am already signed in on the my.xfinity page and on the xfinity connect email page (which shows me signed in as Guest, but that's a whole other frustrating pain in the A.. issue that has not been fixed) ?

Can we use the old listings page until Comcast gets this new portal fixed/fully implemented?  To whom do we send requests for the previous listings to be reinstated?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 397 of 2,190

Talked to three different people through chat support before finally getting this answer about accessing the watchlist on the website: "I would like to inform that xfinity is going through some technical upgradation , you can not be able to access the watchlist till 10/20/2016".

Posted by
Visitor

Message 398 of 2,190

Same here.  Used to catch up on shows online instead of having to record them and take up DVR space.  Now there's very little to watch along those lines and what is there takes forever to find.  Much of the content is "in home only" but you can't see that until you go to it.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 399 of 2,190

edit: removing duplicate post after threads merged

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 400 of 2,190