Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 301 of 2,190

This link goes to the new site now and my watchlist is gone. Does anyone know where it is or if it's coming back?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 302 of 2,190

The new system is terrible it takes forever for anything to load and you have to go through the ridiculous load times at least 2 or 3 times before getting to the show if you ever get there at all.  Also shows that were once available with my service are no longer available for instance if I want to watch the on demand Dr. Who I now have to pay extra.  I do not know how much no price was given just a number to call to upgrade my service.

It is a stupid interface made by the same idoiots who cannot even get the time correct in their listings in the old interface which is also a problem in this new one.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 303 of 2,190

Why does watching TV Show on a PC SXXX now?  Where did the old fromate go?  Why can I not see what Show Played last night? 

Ric
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 304 of 2,190

The new site is terrible.  It takes multiple long waits and many fialures due to script errors and scripts that are too long, before you can get to anything and mostly you can not get in at all.

They are also now charging for things that came with my package before.  For instance if I want to watch the on demand Dr. Who episodes I now have to upgrade my service.  WHY WOULD I PAY MORE WHEN THEY KEEP DOING THINGS TO DRIVE ME AWAY FROM THEIR SERVICE.

I am very close to changing to AT&T.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 305 of 2,190

What happened to the personal filters for the Live TV listings in this new format that was just imposed today, Favorites, HD only, Sports, etc??  Did they really do away with this?  So now we have to scroll through everything?? Am I missing where these settings can be reset?  I sure can't find them anywhere...   is this supposed to be an IMPROVEMENT?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 306 of 2,190

They own Hulu and they are putting it out of business with this same kind of nonsense.  They ruined the Hulu interface, took away the Queue, and they are doing the same exact thing with this interface.  They do not care.  They will make sure there is nothing but glowing press reviews of their new design.  And will not listen until Hulu is out of business and no one is willing to use thier Comcast streaming service.  I suggest changing to another cable company.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 307 of 2,190

The new site is GARBRGE!!!!! Bring back the easy to use and see TV guide. Also my mobil apps no longer work. What are you doing?????

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 308 of 2,190

betheff wrote:

What happened to the personal filters for the Live TV listings in this new format that was just imposed today, Favorites, HD only, Sports, etc??  Did they really do away with this?  So now we have to scroll through everything?? Am I missing where these settings can be reset?  I sure can't find them anywhere...   is this supposed to be an IMPROVEMENT?

did you hit guide button two times for menu of display option? To set (or reset) default guide view hit the xFinity button >> gear(settings) >> preferences >> general >> "default guide view" and select your default. I believe that this is a per box setting.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 309 of 2,190

LL98 wrote:

This link goes to the new site now and my watchlist is gone. Does anyone know where it is or if it's coming back?

It is highly unlikely it will come back.  They did the same thing with Hulu and got the same reaction.  The only thing they did was make sure all the news reports about the change gave them a glowing report for a wonderful new interface.  Not one news outlet reported about the millions of complaints from people whose Queues were deleted.  Hulu will soon be dead as a result and they are too stupid to see what they are doing.  They will not stop until they have ruined Hulu and Comcast itself starts to suffer financially.  All we can do is to do everything we can to speed that along.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 310 of 2,190

Whose bright idea was this new TV Guide format?? Where's the 'Now' Button...where's the Favorites selections...where's the four hour timeline? Where is the ability to alter settings of values like line height? I don't want to scroll endlessly to try and locate the channels of interest. Favorites eliminated this. Was this unusable format run past any focus groups? If it was it certainly didn't include any real time users. This new "improved" format is absolutely revolting & renders the guide virtually unusable.
Why did you decide to fix what wasn't broken?! This amounts to another nail in the Let's Leave Xfinity coffin.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 311 of 2,190

This new format is horrendous, no Favorites, No Settings to adjust viewing parameters, No 4 hour timeline No NOW time adjustment...in fact, nothing of what made the TV Guide usable, user friendly, and convenient to use. AND, there is NO OPTION to use the original & functional guide. This really leaves me with a very bad feeling about Xfinity's concern about users wishes.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 312 of 2,190

I agree, this new format is not my cup of tea. I watch from either a laptop or desktop PC @ home. I have been watchlisting my favorite TV series for YEARS, and have accumulated dozens of them...only now to not be able to access the watchlist via ANY means. All the links you can find online for the watchlist are redirected to the new Xfinity TV site.

Here is a hint Comcast...DON'T "fix" what ain't broke. If it NEEDED to be upgraded, at the very LEAST provide us with the same minimum functionality we had before. I swear, I have yet to find a company that puts the cart before the horse more than Comcast. Second hint...you aren't the only game in town, even my little town. Your rates are high, service poor, and what used to be great (fastest/bestest/boastest) about you is no longer accurate. I can get just as good for same or less $$$ from local Internet and Phone providers. And with so many ways to access premium TV as well as local these days, it may hust be time to pull the plug.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 313 of 2,190

Well they have pretty much just guaranteed TVGuide.COM will be my WebBased TVGuide from here on out! You removed my ability to filter out channels with the Favorites option. HATE IT!. You CHanged the text from black on white to white on black. HATE IT!. The guide now takes more than 60 seconds to load! HATE IT!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 314 of 2,190

I just encountered the new Xfinity portal when I tried to access my Comcast watchlist tonight while on business travel - after an hour e on my mobile phone, then wasted spent another hour of my time, I'm still no closer to finding my Watchlist.  He instructed me how to set up an account on the new portal from my laptop (which did work, though at a snail's pace), and then tried to guide me through the steps to find my old watchlist (he said it should be possible to revert back to the old website format from the new portal), but the service reprentative finally gave up, since he could not even figure out how to navigate through the portal himself.

If the Xfinity service representatives can't understand their own product, how does Xfinity expect us mere mortal customers to use it?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 315 of 2,190

Yes, Brilliant move on your part telling them about it aye? smh

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 316 of 2,190

No more on demand content.  Most of it has been completely removed from the online on demand section.  The listings are still there it takes approximately 10 minutes of flash garbage to get to each one.  When you try to play anything it does not work.  I found one show available but comcast wants to charge extra to see it.  This show was previously available with my current package.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 317 of 2,190

why can't the channel on the TV box be changed from the web site like before when viewing the channel guide listing

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 318 of 2,190

Brilliant of them!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 319 of 2,190

Bring back the old version now--I do not like being forced to make a choice I didn't want to make or I don't get the service at all, and that is WHAT I PAY FOR, isnt it. the overall change is something someone fully loaded (Idon't mean with human sh) and does not give a any regards about costomer convenience or service. Well if it stays this way HELLO AT&T, Good by comcast. faded white on black is not seeable by us with sight disabilities  and I for one am going to look into bring suit under disabilities acts. even though i was forced to say yes or loose what i pay for all together and I would love to see a class action suit to strighten bumb people running comcast and others out of their I don't care about costomer convenience or service. . Note: copy retained.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 320 of 2,190

Because they don't want you to do that anymore. The End.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 321 of 2,190

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

OP says they have an old Motorola DVR. I believe the Cloud DVR is only for users having the new X1 DVR. That is probably why many users are complaining that they cannot see their recordings at all. The old DVR Manager website worked for both legacy (old) DVRs and the new X1 DVRs. The new site only works for X1 DVRs, and only if the user has activated the Cloud DVR feature.

Looks like Comcast has royally hosed (not the word I wanted to use) any user having a legacy DVR by removing any online DVR management options.

Thanks HowAboutThisOne, I guess that's my problem...  I do NOT have the X1 system,nor do I want it.   I've used my computer to view and add or delete programs to my DVR- , rather than go into the living room and physically make changes.

You are totally correct in your second paragraph.  

ciao, bj

Posted by
New Poster

Message 322 of 2,190

I think the site looks very nice.  It's very modern.  However, the point of an upgrade is to improve functionality.  This site does not accomplish that.  Where did my watch list go?  Having a way to organize favorite shows and get reminders when a new recently aired show is added to the service is what made the site usable in the first place.  

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 323 of 2,190

I can't even log into the new website Tv on firefox.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 324 of 2,190

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

So that just proves my theory why you can not see your DVR recordings on the "new and improved" website. All users with legacy DVRs can no longer manage their DVR recordings and schedules on-line.  I wonder how many users like you there are?

I am one of those non X1 DVR users.   And this new version is totally useless!!  

ciao, bj

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 325 of 2,190

BlueJay wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

So that just proves my theory why you can not see your DVR recordings on the "new and improved" website. All users with legacy DVRs can no longer manage their DVR recordings and schedules on-line.  I wonder how many users like you there are?

I am one of those non X1 DVR users.   And this new version is totally useless!!  

ciao, bj

I have the X1 DVR, we have it no better! No DVR access/controlls like before. Clunky TV Listings interface and you can no longer control the X1 box from your computer using a web browser like before.

IT IMPARTS A VACUUM!

Speedy, AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed and "That fat, old, balding, grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League - CIO, Secretary & Treasurer
USN-DAV, NRA Life Member, LSA Member
I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `Nuff said.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 326 of 2,190

Comcast doesn't want you to do that anymore. So you can't. The End.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 327 of 2,190

I know this has been covered a lot, but bring back the watchlist feature. This new websites licks and makes the entire point of your service usless. I can;t wait to just get fiber and be done with these assclowns. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 328 of 2,190

Dear Comcast -- I do not watch TV on my computer, I watch TV on my TV. I do not watch TV from a smart phone or tablet, nor do I want to. Things were much, much better with the old page. Bring it back.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 329 of 2,190

The "new" TV Guide is an unmitigated disaster.

No "My Favorites".

No "My Channels".

No sorting options.

No button to record a program (At least not that I have found)

And those are some of the complaints.

I DO NOT want to wade through 500 channels I never watch to find the listings I want to see.

I DO want the ability to tell my cable box to record a program (from a remote computer) when I can't make it home in time to watch it.

I do NOT want to install whiz-bang apps on my phone just to interface with my cable company. And I shouldn't need to.

Perhaps Comcast has its mind set on becoming the next big Web portal such as AOL was or Yahoo is now and MSN wants to be. Forget about it. You are a cable company, concentrate on delivering good TV and Internet service and bring back the former, and very useful TV Guide page. This new Guide is garbage.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 330 of 2,190

Pharrell wrote:

I can't even log into the new website Tv on firefox.

I can't either, Pharrell, I'm on one continuous loop of sign in pages.   What I had seen prior to today's fiasco, was nightmarish to say the least. 

I'll just have to continue on using   http://www.zap2it.com  , and making note of shows I want to watch.

Comcast sure doesn't make it joyful for it's customers, just lucrative for the employees that are pulling the salaries for producing this garbage in the name of moving forward.  

ciao, bj 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 331 of 2,190

I havn't found a way yet myself. So far this mew Guide appears to be an utter disaster and compltely unusable. Junk!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 332 of 2,190

Wait until you discover all the other ways the new TV Guide totally suxxors. It is a total FAIL!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 333 of 2,190

I agree, THIS IS DREADFUL.  I'd use a worse word if the forum would accept it.

Not only did they take away my favorites from the web portal, it's DIRT SLOW to load compared to the old one.

I can get see my favorites that were set before on the cell phone app, but I have low vision and it's too small to use regularly.

WHY can't I have my favorites in the web portal?  You know what they are, they show up on the app!

So this is just meanness.

Thanks for the recommendations for other web portals, I'll need them!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 334 of 2,190

There is no answer. It appears the Ivory Tower geniuses were talked into buying this monstosity of a TV Guide and put it online without beta-testing it with real-world human beings. It is a total FAIL!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 335 of 2,190

Mine is missing too. Is the watchlist gone forever? It was the most useful feature of the entire site.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 336 of 2,190

NellieNobody wrote:

"Now connecting to your entertainment experience..."

My big fat ___!!! Yet another message to us all from Comcast: We don't care what you want, we are going to take the functionality on which you've been relying away from you and shove our high-concept web site down your throats! Aren't we cool?

It's off to Zap2it.com for me!

Right On!!  NellieNobody...  

I've been using   http://www.zap2it.com   for years, and generally had recommend it as an alternative to comcast's listings.  

ciao, bj

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 337 of 2,190

I totally agree. This 5ucks  big time! I tried the online chat and that was even more frustrating!

"Ashish > I apologize for the inconvenience.
Ashish > Thank You for your patience.
Paul_ > Okay
Ashish > As the up gradation is still continue in the Xfinity website.
Ashish > So I request you to please wait for next few hours.
Ashish > As the website will be completely updated you will find the correct option to watch your previous Programs.
Paul_ > Oh you guys are still rolling out this upgrade. I did not see any message pertaining that information."

Can we give Ashish at least some basic english training? And tell them what is going on, because they have/had no clue at all.

TIP:

This page is still up and suggest some options are still there, not sure if they are still working on implementing the non functional links.

http://my.xfinity.com/sitemap?cid=newnav

Posted by
New Poster

Message 338 of 2,190

I don't I'm one of those legacy people. So looks like I'm hosed. I'm never giving Comcast my phoneline. I live in earthquake country and having a legacy AT&T landline is a must in emergencies. Comcast several months ago sent a notice you had to test your boxes to ensure they would work with the new system. Both boxes passed that test but clearly someone high-up said forget them. Well for sure writing our local consumer reporters and the attorney general to point out their latest anti-consumer moves. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 339 of 2,190

Thanks for the tip Nellie. I like Zap2it.com better already. I had never seen the site before but it's sure better than Comcast's "new and improved" TV guide.

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 340 of 2,190
It's not about you, the customer. It's about money. One of the scripts required to see the guide is by localytics, an app marketing company that makes money by monitoring your usage of the app, tracking you, then selling the information they get from you for marketing purposes.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 341 of 2,190
Just as with Microsoft and Win 10, it's not about you, the customer. It's about money. One of the scripts required to see the guide is by localytics, an app marketing company that makes money by monitoring your usage of the app, tracking you, then selling the information they get from you for marketing purposes.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 342 of 2,190

Here is a suggestion to any Comcast rep that might read this thread.  Please add back the ability to filter by 1) category, i.e. Drama, Comedy, Sci-Fy, etc. and 2) by Channel, CBS, PBS, History, etc.

Having one huge long list is a nightmare.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 343 of 2,190

Numerous people have suggested using Zap2it or TV guide as a guide instead of the unusable new Xfinity guide. But I watch virtually nothing on live TV. I like to record everything on my DVR and watch it when it is convenient, and I have been using the old guide to program my DVR. Now it is MUCH more difficult to do that. I have to scroll through almost 1000 channels, most of which I don't even get, since you can't filter for favorite channels. I have to click on each listing to see if it is new or a rerun. I am paying a lot of money for Comcast, and now I am unable to use it like I did before. I have been unhappy with Comcast before on numerous issues, but they have a monopoly on cable service where I am. But the arrogance of this latest move is completly beyond the pale. They don't care about the service they give their customers at all. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 344 of 2,190

Alot of issues with xfinity tv guide and listing. Does cumcast even have  a responds  page that they even doing anything to resolved any issues.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 345 of 2,190

This is absolutely horrible.  I can't tap on the channel to tune to it, it brings it up on the computer....I DO NOT, repeat DO NOT watch TV on my laptop.  I can't tap to record a program.  I can't read the guide because of the white on black.  Who the h....thinks this stuff up?  Comcast has absolutely no understanding of the average person.  They tell me it is better and I am supposed to believe and say, oh, yes, isn't this great!  I probably am going to go back to satelite.  I am sure the techies think this is great,  At least give me a choice of what I want.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 346 of 2,190

Does Comcast expect us to know what season and episode we have watched last. The new layout does not show the last air date which requires you to open the episodes. If you have already watched the show you back out to the top of the tv listing of shows.. Scroll all the way to where you were... Really! Terrible design. Put the last air date on the page with each show. Not really that hard...

Posted by
New Poster

Message 347 of 2,190

Where's my easy-to-use TV web site?  The new one is hard to use.  I don't like it.  My mouse moves slow.  I have to click agree to user terms EVERY TIME.  I have to enter device name EVERY TIME.  My firewall turns off when I use the new web site.  Comcast, what have you done to us?!  You're killing us.  Mr. Bill says "Oh Nooooooooooooo!".

Posted by
Contributor

Message 348 of 2,190
Use titantv.com for your grid, pogdesign.co.uk for your own personalized tv calendar and IMDb for your watchlist. Been using them for years.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 349 of 2,190

Exactly! Please listen to your customers Comcast. Thank you.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 350 of 2,190

every day i watch the news while i'm at work. i don't watch television on my actual tv set, but i pay for comcast internet and television and utilize the online tv service that's provided. 

prior to a few days ago when this new website launched, the service was totally fine. there were hiccups and it frequently didn't work, but refreshing the page or trying again in a few minutes ultimately fixed the problem.

the new website that launched yesterday is not intuitive, flash keeps crashing, the video (when it does play) hangs for minutes on end and makes watching anything completely pointless. i pay a good amount of money each month to utilize this service and have it be a part of my daily routine. i don't have a television and i just watch tv on my computer, so as of now i'm unable to access the service i'm paying for. comcast is not holding up their end of the bargain.

i've been a comcast customer for 15 years. i'm not "comcast's biggest fan" but i'm also not someone who rips on comcast for no reason whatsoever. i know that with the launch of a new interface there are going to be problems, and fixes will be necessary. but on the launch of this new interface, i'm completely unable to use the service, and this is a somewhat regular and predictable phenomenon unique to comcast. most product launches have hiccups but at least the service (however flawed it might be) still works to some degree. that's not the case when comcast institutes a change; things come to a crashing halt and you never know when things are actually going to be fixed.

i look forward to these problems getting resolved so that i can use the service i'm paying a considerable amount for each month, and i sincerely wish that there was better communication on the part of comcast to keep it's customers informed about problems with it's service. having things break and not offering any kind of explanation or timetable for restoration of services leaves a bad taste in your customer's mouth. alternatively, being open, truthful, and timely in communicating issues with services like this would go a long way to curry favor from the people who have been loyal to your company for decades.

thanks.